my early '01 has a teksid block? (see pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taz

Established Member
VenomousSVT said:
Hey I have that sticker!!!!

but it said made in taiwan. damnit

:eek: Oh, no!

Does that make it a Chinese junk?

Taz

Established Member
VenomousSVT said:
LOL I went out and looked it said 8/23/01

oh yeah and it is teksid

Wow! A super late Teksid. As I recall, '01 Cobra production ceased the end of August.

T-

Jobra1

Established Member
I have what looks to be Teksid, however my original motor was replaced under warranty.

Slo01Cobra

Established Member
Has anyone actually split their block from power or are the problems with broken internals?

Taz

Established Member
SloIndyCobra said:
Has anyone actually split their block from power or are the problems with broken internals?

I think I've heard of only 1, maybe 2 split blocks. But those resulted from making absolutely stupid power, above 800 RWHP.

Most failures have been fragged internals, especially the powdered metal rods, followed by the weak hypereutectic ring lands. In some cases (generally due to over-reving) the oil pump gears have let go. Also, some have experienced seized bearings from oil starvation.

T-

SGL

Banned
quadcammer said:
SHM(who is gay)....

:lol:

Isn't it hilarious that our cars have a motor based on a Japanese design, engineered by Ford, cast in Italy and originally meant for FWD cars.... :shrug:

Wicked

Established Member
Taz said:
Most failures have been fragged internals, especially the powdered metal rods, followed by the weak hypereutectic ring lands. In some cases (generally due to over-reving) the oil pump gears have let go. Also, some have experienced seized bearings from oil starvation.

T-

You should have added that the weak internals are inherent to all. The cylinder block is the main point we are discussing. WAP and Teksid used the same internals. The discussion of blocks is mainly to know with forged rods and pistons how much power the engine will withstand.

Taz

Established Member
Wicked said:
You should have added that the weak internals are inherent to all. The cylinder block is the main point we are discussing. WAP and Teksid used the same internals. The discussion of blocks is mainly to know with forged rods and pistons how much power the engine will withstand.

What???

I was answering the question that I quoted in that post, and the implication was/is that since all '99/'01 stock internals are the same, the weaknesses (and potential failures) apply to all.

T-

Wicked

Established Member
Taz said:
What???

I was answering the question that I quoted in that post, and the implication was/is that since all '99/'01 stock internals are the same, the weaknesses (and potential failures) apply to all.

T-

I know you were answering slo's question. I was saying that he should not misunderstand that the internals are weak or strong but that the teksid and WAP refers to the block only.

Don't get your panties in a wad. :thumbsup:

ka3ak

Breast Connoisseur
Established Member
cobra2798 said:
I know i got the tekskid and my build date is in my sig but how do i find the build date of the engine?

There is a white sticker on or below the driver's side valve cover, towards the rear of the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread