my early '01 has a teksid block? (see pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraG

Established Member
I know this is old but after seeing it I had to check, I have the Teskid block too :banana:
I'm not even sure what that means but apparently it is a good thing :coolman:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Teksid blocks are/were manufactured by the company that makes blocks for Ferrari.

Between the two aluminum blocks (Teksid and WAP) the Teksid is about 5 lbs heavier, but is also the stronger of the two.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
3 years.... Some things are better left dead.
Guys, maybe this has been said earlier, the Build Date of the car, Has Nothing to do with the build date of the engine.

Look at the drivers side valve cover for the bar code sticker, it will have the engine build date.

Motor On........ :pop:

On the other hand, I found the previous owner of my car.:banana:

Last edited:

crazystang25

Established Member
damn im gonna want to rev mine to like 6500. i guess im gonna have to order a forged rotating assembly. Is it true if you stroke your motor you wont be able to rev as high?
well it won't rev as quick, and if its all the same quality then you might not be able to rev as high. alot has to do with build quality and quality of the parts. but if you get forged internals and have equally capable valvle train components then you should have no prob revvin that high and higher.

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
dang... talk about bring a thread back to life. Props for whoever used the search function.

I haven't been on this board forever now.
I'm thinking about selling my '01 cobra Vert. With Teksid...(I just don't drive it much these days after I got my Lotus) how much are they going for these days?

carnut726

Established Member
OK I am a retard for asking but how can you tell without major effort, I am kinda lazy.. i am now curious, but still lazy.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Wasn't one of the rules not to dig up old threads???

OK I am a retard for asking but how can you tell without major effort, I am kinda lazy.. i am now curious, but still lazy.

Take a look at the pictures on the first page of this old thread.

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
indeed it is!!

damn glad to see ya around though brother!..havn't seen a true New Edge OG around here is forever!

:beer: thanks man, yeah I stop by once in a while but haven't posted much. Its good to see you're still around to hold down the fort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread