Motortrend: "...best drivers cars in world..."

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Pretty asinine thing to say. Just because you aren't chasing magazine numbers doesn't make one any less of an enthusiast or capable of appreciating what the car has to offer. If anything some of those guys are actually more track/driving enthusiasts because they have spend more time actually driving the car vs bench racing magazine times on the internet. But he is right, the driver is the most important part of the equation, something most bench racers seem to neglect

Can you read? Or at least have a little bit of reading comprehension? Read the part I quoted more slowly and try to think on it for a minute before making silly rebuttals.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
So get a regular GT or Ecoboost and leave the GT350(R) for people who can appreciate it.

Actually it's people like grave who appreciate the 350R for what is as opposed to someone like you who has been complaining about it for the last year. The 350R is a true drivers car. Like the 997 GT3RS the R will give the driver feeling of connection that you can't find!

If you're chasing numbers buy as used z06 or viper and save the 350R for the people who appreciate the drive!!

Kevin P

Established Member
Can you read? Or at least have a little bit of reading comprehension? Read the part I quoted more slowly and try to think on it for a minute before making silly rebuttals.

You are wrong. What you said makes no sense. One day perhaps you will come to realize that enjoying the driving experience is much more important than 1 sec differences in lap times or a tenth or two in the 1/4 mile. They are all basically imperceptible behind the wheel, and no one with any sense street races with regularity.

krt22

Established Member

lol, yes I can read and comprehend just fine. My comments were actually based 100% on what you quoted and how you replied. It was asinine, period. If you are too dense to understand how one may think that, I don't have much to tell you. Bottom line, there is a whole lot more to these cars than how they stack up vs the latest and greatest from X or Y or a few tenths in magazine lap times, and not caring so much about those comparisons should definitely NOT make someone any less of a righteous owner. You seem to think you are more entitled to own compared to others, which is laughable at best, although it matches up perfectly with your condescending attitude.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
More C7 hating, I see. Dude, have you seen the Z06 lap times? Let me just hit you with some facts you can't deny. It ran a 1:58 to the GT350R's 2:02 in the pcoty event. That's 4 seconds if you need help. Have you seen what it looks like when a car puts 4 seconds on another car? Pretty bad. It beat everything in every class at VIR at the Car and Driver Lightning Lap, including the 911 GT3, Lamborghini Huracan, and McLaren 650S. It also has gone 2:41 at VIR with GM driver Jim Mero. To put that in perspective, the fastest a Porsche 918 has gone there i think is 2:43.

Sweet. 4 sec difference and a 2 sec difference. Big times. I have seen an owner run his c7z06 at Sears point. Running 1:58 on the full course. A mustang GT was running as well. But of course that would not be the facts you speak of.

ericnolan661

Established Member
I have and love my Race Red GT350 with Tech pack. I considered getting an R and ordering the electronics package. Knowing my parking as I do, I am pretty sure I would scuff those beautiful CF wheels. I would cry. I drive my gt350 daily and the only 3 words I can use to describe it are HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!!!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
lol, yes I can read and comprehend just fine. My comments were actually based 100% on what you quoted and how you replied. It was asinine, period. If you are too dense to understand how one may think that, I don't have much to tell you. Bottom line, there is a whole lot more to these cars than how they stack up vs the latest and greatest from X or Y or a few tenths in magazine lap times, and not caring so much about those comparisons should definitely NOT make someone any less of a righteous owner. You seem to think you are more entitled to own compared to others, which is laughable at best, although it matches up perfectly with your condescending attitude.

Let me explain how stupid your comment was. Every initial review says the R is a better driving car than the base GT350. Every initial review says that if someone wants to settle for the base car to not drive the R because you'll be disappointed in your choice.

That said, anybody with even the tiniest bit of deductive reasoning should surmise that the R is the better driving, more exciting car. Yet some of you are actually trying to pass it off that the GT350 is just as good and just as fun. Pretty stupid, right? If a person really is a "true driver," is it not reasonable to expect that they'd want the better driving car?? It's really very simple.

No need for some of you to get your asses all chapped and start throwing insults. Just don't be throwing around the "Well, I prefer the driving experience" and then talk about how the lesser driving car is just as good. Notice in my posts that I didn't say a damned thing about lap times. That was just a very weak and inaccurate fallback response. :rolleyes: Everybody knows which ones of you I'm directing this post toward.

03Predator

Established Member
not me. The track pack shelby gt350 is where the bargain is. They can keep the 13,000 dollar diamond carbon wheels im not interested in that headache. It's a lot of money for what is essentially a wheel and tire package and slight suspension adjustment. I think it's rare and amazing the r agreed, but if i really wanted light wheels or no backseats and cup tires that can be done to any base gt350 if you really had to have that. Considering all cars get the flat plane crank - magneride - tremec 6speed - that's where the money is, i don't need only 500 editions.

^^^
this!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
^^^
this!

Except the difference is 7500 when comparing track pack to the R. Those light wheels and tires make up that difference alone.

I get it though. The great times and best feel most praise come from the R. The car that is second and widely available is the non R. So why is the non R selling for so much? It's crazy!!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It just comes down to the monies. If money is an issue, the gt350 is the car to get (bang for the buck). If one is looking for the top performer, the R is where it is at. No question about it.

Comparing the base 350 to an R, is like comparing a 1LE to a Z28. Both great cars but the R is on another level.

03Predator

Established Member
Except the difference is 7500 when comparing track pack to the R. Those light wheels and tires make up that difference alone.

Yeah but good luck getting one for sticker. I had an R on order but waited too long to cancel my order and honestly, to get the R would have ended up costing way more in the end. It just wasn't worth it to me. I LOVE the 350 Track. It's so well composed and solid. Doesn't feel like any Mustang I've ever driven before.

I get it though. The great times and best feel most praise come from the R. The car that is second and widely available is the non R. So why is the non R selling for so much? It's crazy!!

Just the novelty I imagine. I also suspect (actually witnessed on several occasions) many dealers think the 350 and R are the same car. But yeah, I totally agree. It's CRAZY town right now.

krt22

Established Member
Let me explain how stupid your comment was. Every initial review says the R is a better driving car than the base GT350. Every initial review says that if someone wants to settle for the base car to not drive the R because you'll be disappointed in your choice.

That said, anybody with even the tiniest bit of deductive reasoning should surmise that the R is the better driving, more exciting car. Yet some of you are actually trying to pass it off that the GT350 is just as good and just as fun. Pretty stupid, right? If a person really is a "true driver," is it not reasonable to expect that they'd want the better driving car?? It's really very simple.

No need for some of you to get your asses all chapped and start throwing insults. Just don't be throwing around the "Well, I prefer the driving experience" and then talk about how the lesser driving car is just as good. Notice in my posts that I didn't say a damned thing about lap times. That was just a very weak and inaccurate fallback response. :rolleyes: Everybody knows which ones of you I'm directing this post toward.

This response has absolutely nothing to do with your original asinine comment.

So get a regular GT or Ecoboost and leave the GT350(R) for people who can appreciate it.

What does the ecoboost or GT have anything to do with the GT350 and why do you even deserve to "appreciate" it any more than the next guy? The guy who does the leg work and puts the money on the table is the one who will truly appreciate it the most, regardless of their intentions with the car. The only chapped ass in here is yours because you are still a GT350-less at this point and have nothing better to do than gripe about it

And apparently multiple other users cannot read and comprehend as well, because they all replied to that gem above with a similar demeanor. Re-read it a few times and think about how others might view it.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
His first asinine comment was because he misread misunderstood the comment he quoted. Which knowing him is not surprising. He believe the guy said I don't want the R because I don't care for stats. In actuality the guy said I don't need the R(or similar like the new RS) because stats are not the end all be all. I want a true driving experience regardless of whether I get a new GT350 or 991.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
This response has absolutely nothing to do with your original asinine comment.

It has everything to do with it. If you can't see it, that's your problem. I'm not going to argue with you about it, chappy.

gravedgr

Established Member

At first it was fun to point out the ridiculous nature of your comments, but you're devolving from deluded into just sad. Please stop.

The "driving experience" difference in the GT350 and R is maybe 1% for most people, especially factoring in the cost differential. On the track, maybe its 5% different (based on lap times). Considering you're making your argument TO some GT350/R owners based on stuff you have READ is just plain embarrassing.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

The "driving experience" difference in the GT350 and R is maybe 1% for most people, especially factoring in the cost differential. On the track, maybe its 5% different (based on lap times). ...

Have you driven an R? That 1% and 5% that you estimate still means the base GT350 is a LESSER driving car does it not? :??: Just keep ooooon a diggin', newb.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Have you driven an R? That 1% and 5% that you estimate still means the base GT350 is a LESSER driving car does it not? :??: Just keep ooooon a diggin', newb.

Have you? It seems like you called him out, you should be able to prove your point. I'm going to guess he's driven more performance type vehicles than you.

Para81

Established Member
It just comes down to the monies. If money is an issue, the gt350 is the car to get (bang for the buck). If one is looking for the top performer, the R is where it is at. No question about it.

Comparing the base 350 to an R, is like comparing a 1LE to a Z28. Both great cars but the R is on another level.

Not to sound like an annoying college professor - but have to say that is a very poor analogy. The Z28 has an entirely different engine to the 1LE - among countless other differences.

A much better comparison and almost identical intent from Ford would be like comparing a Boss 302 to a Boss 302 Laguna Seca.

Spending 56k on a Track Pack GT350 that kicks ass is so much sweeter to me than paying 63k + ADM for a GT350R....but hey i'm just a dummy.

Users who are viewing this thread