Motortrend: "...best drivers cars in world..."

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Not to sound like an annoying college professor - but have to say that is a very poor analogy. The Z28 has an entirely different engine to the 1LE - among countless other differences.

A much better comparison and almost identical intent from Ford would be like comparing a Boss 302 to a Boss 302 Laguna Seca.

Spending 56k on a Track Pack GT350 that kicks ass is so much sweeter to me than paying 63k + ADM for a GT350R....but hey i'm just a dummy.

I was focusing more on the fact that the gap in performance is similar between both makes and cars... Z28 falls a little below the R and the 1le falls a little below the base 350.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Not to sound like an annoying college professor - but have to say that is a very poor analogy. The Z28 has an entirely different engine to the 1LE - among countless other differences.

A much better comparison and almost identical intent from Ford would be like comparing a Boss 302 to a Boss 302 Laguna Seca.

Spending 56k on a Track Pack GT350 that kicks ass is so much sweeter to me than paying 63k + ADM for a GT350R....but hey i'm just a dummy.

I was more focusing in the fact that the gap in performance is similar between both makes and cars... Z28 falls a little below the R and the 1le falls a little below the base 350.

There is a pretty big gap between the base 350 and the R. Much greater than the gap between the boss and the boss ls.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Negative ghost rider...

I was more focusing in the fact that the gap in performance is similar between both makes and cars... Z28 falls a little below the R and the 1le falls a little below the base 350.

There is a pretty big gap between the base 350 and the R. Much greater than the gap between the boss and the boss ls.

Considering the z is on significantly faster tire, about a sec faster than the psc2 on a 1 min track and even faster than the plain ps tires on the 350TP, the 1.79 sec advantage the z supposedly has disappeares quickly.

Should I mention the loss of time switching the R to the trofeo tire?

gravedgr

Established Member
Have you driven an R? That 1% and 5% that you estimate still means the base GT350 is a LESSER driving car does it not? :??: Just keep ooooon a diggin', newb.
Look, in an attempt to be the adult in the room I'm going to try and be very clear and avoid any insults or hyperbole.

What you are trying to do is apply subjective (opinion) terms to something, while pretending they are non-subjective (factual) delineations. "The R is faster around Laguna Seca" is a factual statement. "The R is better than the base GT350" is an opinion. While it may be true TO you or FOR you, it does not definitively apply to anyone BUT you.

If you think the R is better than the 350 in all ways (speed, grip, handling, feedback, comfort, sound, ride, value, etc.), that's great and you're welcome to your opinion - some of those terms could even be proven in certain situations (speed, as an example). Once you think your opinion starts to become fact or matter to anyone that didn't ask for it ... well, there are lots of terms for that too, and none are complimentary.

:rollseyes

krt22

Established Member
He's clearly the stig reincarnated, im surprised ford didn't gift him a one off gt350(R) free of charge.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Considering the z is on significantly faster tire, about a sec faster than the psc2 on a 1 min track and even faster than the plain ps tires on the 350TP, the 1.79 sec advantage the z supposedly has disappeares quickly.

Should I mention the loss of time switching the R to the trofeo tire?

Papa, let's not focus on mustang vs camaro here. My point was meant to ilustrate the difference in performance between the base 350 and the R model.

Rios302

Established Member
More C7 hating, I see. Dude, have you seen the Z06 lap times? Let me just hit you with some facts you can't deny. It ran a 1:58 to the GT350R's 2:02 in the pcoty event. That's 4 seconds if you need help. Have you seen what it looks like when a car puts 4 seconds on another car? Pretty bad. It beat everything in every class at VIR at the Car and Driver Lightning Lap, including the 911 GT3, Lamborghini Huracan, and McLaren 650S. It also has gone 2:41 at VIR with GM driver Jim Mero. To put that in perspective, the fastest a Porsche 918 has gone there i think is 2:43. Stop spewing your garbage on the net dude. Hate GM or Corvette all you want, the performacne can't be denied and is the best all around that America has to offer.
That guy stating that the new 1LE will beat the Z06 has some serious issues. let's be realistic here for a bit. The next new Camaro is going to be the ZL1 based off the Z06 with the same engine just detuned to make a bit less power. The Zl1 is going to be pretty capable but I doubt it will be faster than the Z06 Z07 package, but more in line with a regular Z06. Now the 1le is going to use the same SS/stingray engine while burrowing the suspension, wheels and tires out of the Zl1. Performance wise I think the 1LE/Iroc Z will match the GT350 TP.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
That guy stating that the new 1LE will beat the Z06 has some serious issues. let's be realistic here for a bit. The next new Camaro is going to be the ZL1 based off the Z06 with the same engine just detuned to make a bit less power. The Zl1 is going to be pretty capable but I doubt it will be faster than the Z06 Z07 package, but more in line with a regular Z06. Now the 1le is going to use the same SS/stingray engine while burrowing the suspension, wheels and tires out of the Zl1. Performance wise I think the 1LE/Iroc Z will match the GT350 TP.

So you too say the 1le will be faster than the fastest production n/a vette? The 1le will be faster despite running the same tech, same engineering(both brand new), and weighing 400 lbs more than the vette?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
He gets a little defensive when you mention GM products. Look out.

I have no problem with some of their product. The c6z is amazing and their best performance car in years. It just so happen the new one does nothing zr1 does not do. My family loved gm for years but their admin has gone to crap and products are following behind unfortunately.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I have no problem with some of their product. The c6z is amazing and their best performance car in years. It just so happen the new one does nothing zr1 does not do. My family loved gm for years but their admin has gone to crap and products are following behind unfortunately.

Except maybe MSRP 20-30K cheaper with a huge advancememt in the interior department. C7Z fail.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
No doubt! However that was not what everybody in the boards were glowing over. They clammored over it like they've never seen sliced bread before.

No doubt... Except everyone in the boards was, more likely than not, glowing over the car being the best bang for the buck, master of all trades. An exotic for the working man. There is no other car that is better performing at its price point.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
And I keep saying it was the c6z that wins that title. But no to you and all the gm people here that car is crap. Or you lead us to believe.

Today I would say(best drivers car available) in order:
350R
997GT3RS
C6Z

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
And I keep saying it was the c6z that wins that title. But no to you and all the gm people here that car is crap. Or you lead us to believe.

Today I would say(best drivers car available) in order:
350R
997GT3RS
C6Z

f11df0a49788cfbab44f22d03d236ef8.gif

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Look, in an attempt to be the adult in the room I'm going to try and be very clear and avoid any insults or hyperbole.

What you are trying to do is apply subjective (opinion) terms to something, while pretending they are non-subjective (factual) delineations. "The R is faster around Laguna Seca" is a factual statement. "The R is better than the base GT350" is an opinion. While it may be true TO you or FOR you, it does not definitively apply to anyone BUT you.

If you think the R is better than the 350 in all ways (speed, grip, handling, feedback, comfort, sound, ride, value, etc.), that's great and you're welcome to your opinion - some of those terms could even be proven in certain situations (speed, as an example). Once you think your opinion starts to become fact or matter to anyone that didn't ask for it ... well, there are lots of terms for that too, and none are complimentary.

:rollseyes

In your attempt to be the adult, you're trying to sneakily slide off track and accuse me of on argument I never presented. I don't recall proclaiming any of my opinions as fact. I stated the base GT350 is a less capable car than the R. I then asked how can someone who claims to be all about performance driving possibly say a GT350 is "just as good as" the R (with regards to performance?) What you stated here has nothing to do with anything I was arguing. I don't think anybody would deny the R being a better performing car [stock for stock] compared to the "regular" GT350 is a fact.

You stepped in it and are now trying to wipe your shoe off without anybody noticing.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
He never said performance driving. He said personal driving enjoyment. It's why one would take a 350 over a 500 or a gt3 over tt. Stats go out the window it's all about driving feel!

gravedgr

Established Member
In your attempt to be the adult, you're trying to sneakily slide off track and accuse me of on argument I never presented. I don't recall proclaiming any of my opinions as fact. I stated the base GT350 is a less capable car than the R. I then asked how can someone who claims to be all about performance driving possibly say a GT350 is "just as good as" the R (with regards to performance?) What you stated here has nothing to do with anything I was arguing. I don't think anybody would deny the R being a better performing car [stock for stock] compared to the "regular" GT350 is a fact.

You stepped in it and are now trying to wipe your shoe off without anybody noticing.
<first post deleted>

As trivial as it is pointing out your flawed arguments, I recognize you as one of those people who never tire of being wrong - because you never are, in your mind. No matter how big a clown show you become, you'll always have one more thing to say. As much as it bores me to tears, I can only assume the same applies to everyone else who has abandoned this thread and your comments, so I will do the same.

Good luck!

Last edited:

2015R

Established Member
<first post deleted>

As trivial as it is pointing out your flawed arguments, I recognize you as one of those people who never tire of being wrong - because you never are, in your mind. No matter how big a clown show you become, you'll always have one more thing to say. As much as it bores me to tears, I can only assume the same applies to everyone else who has abandoned this thread and your comments, so I will do the same.

Good luck!

Can't say I've driven a Gt350, but I do have an R and if it doesn't exceed the 350 in all parameters, I'd be shocked. But since your opinion obviously has been formed by seat time in both, you are more informed than I.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread