Modified stock hood vents. (cooling)Tell me what you think.

mrose75

Established Member
I'll add that to my list of sh!t to do to the Cobra. It will sit right behind "paint the calipers" which has been on the list for, oh....6 years or so.

Looks real good. I think I may fall into that, "don't have time, pay someone else" category.

wudy

Established Member
They look great. But as good as they look,I just cant bring myself to cut up the stock hood vents that might be of some value (to me) someday.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
That looks really good, wish I wouldve thought of that before I spent the $ on the Fore's

black 10th vert

Established Member
That looks really good, wish I wouldve thought of that before I spent the $ on the Fore's

^+1! The Fore vents are super nice machine work, but this is a really inexpensive way to improve what you already have without spending any more money!:bash:

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
At first I was like :

This is gonna look like ass..

But then I was like:

Damnnnnnnnn that looks alright!

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
That's pretty slick, and real clean. Better than any of the aftermarket metal ones, IMO - most of them are pretty tacky.

mysterio

Established Member
You can only improve the looks and functionality of the stock vents, which you have done, big time.

But why fear the dremel? Put it on slow speed, small cone-shaped stone attachment, and use a slow, steady hand (that's how I did my openings to attach the Fore vents).

....of course, the steady hand part means having a few less beers, which may or may not be a deal killer.

Black Sex

Established Member
You can only improve the looks and functionality of the stock vents, which you have done, big time.

But why fear the dremel? Put it on slow speed, small cone-shaped stone attachment, and use a slow, steady hand (that's how I did my openings to attach the Fore vents).

....of course, the steady hand part means having a few less beers, which may or may not be a deal killer.

The beer is what gave me the idea to do it. My dremel is kinda old and its all 35K rpm or nothing. If the slower speeds worked I would've used it. I did use it on the two end louvers. that was a lot of plastic to take out by sanding and I could couldnt get a good cut with the side cutters. If I do a few more I will more than likely go buy a new dremel. I kinda need one anyways. (handy tool)

Wow, I really didnt expect this many people to like them :rockon:

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
Anyone good at photoshop that can make the vents body color. Curious as to what they would look like.

i8urSS

Established Member
i was so inspired after seeing yours that i went and did mine the same day. you werent kidding about the 4 hours. but it was worth it.
IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
i was so inspired after seeing yours that i went and did mine the same day. you werent kidding about the 4 hours. but it was worth it.
IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

Yours turned out good also. Im on vacation for the next couple weeks, I might have to try this.

Users who are viewing this thread