Modified stock hood vents. (cooling)Tell me what you think.

cobra 97

Established Member
Are they already open like that stock?? I bought mine 2 weeks ago and its vented the same

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
Bumping an old thread to whore my work over the weekend.

Cutting the louvers out wasn't really that time consuming. But, I haven't sanded them yet. I'm sure that's going to be painful.

What grit sandpaper did you guys use? Unfortunately, I don't have a Dremel.

c8qcxdt.jpg

Rob_Stylez

Established Member
Dont think I saw this on the 'How To' section but it needs to be there! Glad I was trolling and stumbled on this def going to do this soon! This is an awesome Free Mod, didnt want to spend money on the aftermarket vents way too pricey.

MONSTOUR

Canada Eh?
Established Member
My apologies for bumping this thread, but I have been searching all afternoon for an answer to a question. While I have read most people saying the removal of the underside vent flap will cause 0 issues, my main concern is the passenger side vent. Because I am running a JLT ram air, the filter sits relatively close to the vent. If I remove this flap, will rain and/or while washing the car be an issue (getting the filter wet) ??

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
I can't say about RAM air, but I removed the underhood shield and just left the flaps open on my vents...it rained and water got leaked into the engine bay and got my MAFIA wet..so it had to dry out before I could get into boost again...needless to say, I put the underhood shield back on since I daily my car ..and you never know when it might rain.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
This is what is under my hood:
on6osqql.jpg

I have the vents open all the way - it is a daily driver and zero issues. Driven it in heavy rain and through puddles.

I do have the Amsoil pre-filter on my filter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread