Man In Wheelchair Brandishing Knife Shot 9 Times

MG0h3

Established Member
Well based on the video and currently the only evidence i have to go by. That would be a fact that he was fleeing based on that. There is nothing in the evidence provided in that video thay shows he was active aggressor. Now the opinion comes from everyone involved in this thread having all these thoughts of what he was or was not thinking.

Pulling a knife in and of itself is an act of aggression. Period.

Is there something you are missing or do you have a question I could answer for you regarding this?

As I stated earlier, balled fists, squaring off, tensing up, verbal threats, etc are all acts of aggression which I can use as justification to ramp up use of force.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

quad

Established Member
Random thought. I think it was you that posted many years ago of a dude with a machete in Colombia (?) that took out a bunch of cops that where following him. I just remember watching that video and thinking “knife did a damn good job in that gun fight”.
I remember that incident. The dude was quick and the cops panicked. 4 Police officers were stabbed to death at a police station in Paris a few years ago.

Jefe

Established Member
Think he just wanted to commit suicide by LEO?
Thats what the officer told his Captain. How convenient...

Still waiting to see what the intent of pulling a knife is.
He pulled the knife on a Walmart employee when he was accused of stealing a toolbox. The cop that shot him was off-duty but providing security when he intervened in the parking lot and followed him to Lowe's

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Looks like the family needs a couple bucks or moving on.
20211203_184220.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Jefe

Established Member
Nope, there's no grass like that in Tucson

jacker1991

Established Member
Pulling a knife in and of itself is an act of aggression. Period.

Is there something you are missing or do you have a question I could answer for you regarding this?

As I stated earlier, balled fists, squaring off, tensing up, verbal threats, etc are all acts of aggression which I can use as justification to ramp up use of force.

I think the problem is the "ramp up use of force". Verbal threats, tensing up, etc, resulting in gaining 5 lbs of lead sounds a quite excessive.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Still don't buy it. He didn't have the "capability" being wheelchair ridden, not having even been facing the Police Officers "Intent" is not a viable reason. He did have the "means"..I'll give you that but without the other two....the pyramid just doesn't form. I'm sticking with IDGAF he was a scumbag but the Police Officers used excessive force.

When confronted by Loss Prevention, he produced a knife and threatened that individual. That is aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a Class 3 Felony; which was witnessed by the Police Officer.

He failed to obey the officers commands to stop and drop the knife. He continued to ignore the officers commands and proceeded towards another store full of people. The officer ordered him not to enter the store, but was again ignored. Fearing for the safety of those in the store, based on the previously witnessed agg assault with a deadly weapon, he shot him in order to stop the threat. The defense of others would apply here.

Just because someone is in a wheelchair doesn't necessarily mean that they are not ambulatory.

He had the intent, opportunity, and capability to inflict serious bodily harm or death.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Unless the officer could clearly see that wheels had no legs to stand on them he did the right thing. Just because he is in a wheelchair does not mean he is immobile and less of a threat.

Play stupid games, win 6ft under prizes.

Can I buy the officer a drink?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
When confronted by Loss Prevention, he produced a knife and threatened that individual. That is aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a Class 3 Felony; which was witnessed by the Police Officer.

He failed to obey the officers commands to stop and drop the knife. He continued to ignore the officers commands and proceeded towards another store full of people. The officer ordered him not to enter the store, but was again ignored. Fearing for the safety of those in the store, based on the previously witnessed agg assault with a deadly weapon, he shot him in order to stop the threat. The defense of others would apply here.

Just because someone is in a wheelchair doesn't necessarily mean that they are not ambulatory.

He had the intent, opportunity, and capability to inflict serious bodily harm or death.

Agreed. Since everyone likes to play the what if game, let's say what if he got close enough to the woman in the door way, lunged out of the chair and stabbed her in the leg, cutting her femoral? Or what if a child running out the front door ahead of their parent(s) and runs into this guy and he grabs the child? Officer now can't shoot because a child is in the line of fire and the same can be said if he lunges at the woman. Even more, what if he is actually mobile?

Guarantee these scenarios are why the officer didn't wait and took the possibilities into consideration. And just because this officer works at a chain store doesn't indicate he is incompetent or a bad cop in case anyone had that idea. Cops do these shifts for OT all the time, and one of my best friends does Walmart shifts regularly and he is on his department's SWAT team.

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
Just do what the police ask you to do and there would be no issues.
What if he did stab the lady or kid and the police didnt take quick enough action.
It Sad that people watch too much tv and the even attempt to play monday morning QB.
I love when States attnys go use a scenario machine and end up getting shot or have someone else get killes and they laugh it off.
Sometimes police dont have the luxury of having a long time or second time to play out in thier head the what if tree.
It could be your wife, daughter, son , husband, grand daughter , grandson, mother, father, sister, brother that they take hostage or stab while high on some drug that they get for free cause some liberal says they have a disease and need the extra 50 pillls in the prescription that you and I pay for. But our kids cant get meds that they need. Their kids..they usually dont see on holidays and have to work shitty hours, see shitty stuff, and never are appreciated.
Like a nurse who in in the same boat.
Like a fireman or women who has to run into a burning building.
Not sure who else has any balls to do those jobs.
Next time you see a
Nurse, doctor, fireman, police, military
Thank them it means alot.

Just saying think about that.
Stay Safe out there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Unless the officer could clearly see that wheels had no legs to stand on them he did the right thing. Just because he is in a wheelchair does not mean he is immobile and less of a threat.

Play stupid games, win 6ft under prizes.

Can I buy the officer a drink?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
He could use the drink asap. Might want to step up fast before he wont be able yo have that drink.

MG0h3

Established Member
I think the problem is the "ramp up use of force". Verbal threats, tensing up, etc, resulting in gaining 5 lbs of lead sounds a quite excessive.

I don’t disagree.

Remember, LE doesn’t shoot for any other reason than to stop the threat.

There is a reason our targets at training have a box around the heart and lungs. Can you guess why?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep. They're highlighted for a reason. I just grabbed one of my full height gun targets as I get ready to go to the range to shoot (for the first time) my new S&W Model 19 357 Mag revolver. Focus will be head shots and the heart.
1638626038821.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread