Man In Wheelchair Brandishing Knife Shot 9 Times

_Snake_

Established Member
Yep. They're highlighted for a reason. I just grabbed one of my full height gun targets as I get ready to go to the range to shoot (for the first time) my new S&W Model 19 357 Mag revolver. Focus will be head shots and the heart.
View attachment 1729853

Focus on the chest first, then the head. Its a larger, less mobile target. A typical failure drill is 3 shots: 2 to the chest and 1 to the head. Wash, rinse, repeat.

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
nice CB...
Make sure you practice different distances, then when you can get dummy rounds practice dry fire and turn the lights out and practice loading and unloading in the dark for some muscle memory.
Next one hand strong hand and weak hand at
3,5,7,10 yards
Show your results make us proud.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

cam346

Established Member
i think tazer would have work. but to shoot that many time, when one shot would be all he needed.

MG0h3

Established Member
Yep. They're highlighted for a reason. I just grabbed one of my full height gun targets as I get ready to go to the range to shoot (for the first time) my new S&W Model 19 357 Mag revolver. Focus will be head shots and the heart.
View attachment 1729853

We had some super secret squirrel dudes come train us and they said forget that box.

Draw a triangle from the chin to the nipples.

A. More likely to knock them down as it’s up high and has more leverage

B. Going to hit the airway

Another problem with training for that box on targets is that you’ll likely slam/drop rounds under pressure which may put the rounds more in the abdomen area.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
We had some super secret squirrel dudes come train us and they said forget that box.

Draw a triangle from the chin to the nipples.

A. More likely to knock them down as it’s up high and has more leverage

B. Going to hit the airway

Another problem with training for that box on targets is that you’ll likely slam/drop rounds under pressure which may put the rounds more in the abdomen area.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Thinking about having a bullet go through the chin and throat and then possibly severing the spinal chord sounds so agonizing. Tactics change constantly though and luckily the old ones don't always become obsolete, they often just become more effective.

Chris0304

Established Member
Seems excessive and unnecessary thru the screen of our phones, however would be completely different if you or I were the ones facing this situation in real life. Seems that the officer was patient and tried to plead w him all the way from Walmart to lowes and then made a tough decision as the perp got closer to other bystanders. Unfortunately, todays society would like to see the cop fry.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

C2tuck

Established Member
Seems excessive and unnecessary thru the screen of our phones, however would be completely different if you or I were the ones facing this situation in real life. Seems that the officer was patient and tried to plead w him all the way from Walmart to lowes and then made a tough decision as the perp got closer to other bystanders. Unfortunately, todays society would like to see the cop fry.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

It’s a damn shame his superiors didn’t have the balls to back him up in anyway. Would have definitely changed the outcome IMHO.

Departments are too worried about lawsuits and quickly throw their own straight under the bus.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It’s a damn shame his superiors didn’t have the balls to back him up in anyway. Would have definitely changed the outcome IMHO.

Departments are too worried about lawsuits and quickly throw their own straight under the bus.
Lawsuits can bankrupt department/city. What do you expect. Gotta see it from a bigger financial picture.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea....... that kinda defeats the "29" foot rule when a suspect can charge u and kill u before u can likely stop him.

If those of u are not aware it use to be "21" feet. Meaning, if a suspect has a knife and pulls it to harm them the cop can legally shoot if they are within "21" feet.

That rule has since changed and is now "29" feet. One shot usually doesnt put someone down so to hit a moving target and stop it is a lot more difficult than it sounds especially under stress. This dude wasnt moving tho lol so thats gonna be a tough argument.

On a side note tho: Im betting that asshole wont be shop lifting again any time soon.

Not that this justifies his actions at all but I have seen on several ocassioans where a shop lifter has posed as a cripple so they can hide shit under their wheel chair where ppl likely wont look. Home Cheapo was notorious for this and the same dude was arrested (3) times for that. Jus sayn.....

Idn maybe he confused his Taser with his gun lol but in this Cops mind this was a "Deadly Force" situation so the Taser would not have been deployed.

He over reacted and will most certainly be charged with a crime imo.

_Snake_

Established Member
Yea....... that kinda defeats the "29" foot rule when a suspect can charge u and kill u before u can likely stop him.

If those of u are not aware it use to be "21" feet. Meaning, if a suspect has a knife and pulls it to harm them the cop can legally shoot if they are within "21" feet.

That rule has since changed and is now "29" feet. One shot usually doesnt put someone down so to hit a moving target and stop it is a lot more difficult than it sounds especially under stress. This dude wasnt moving tho lol so thats gonna be a tough argument.

On a side note tho: Im betting that asshole wont be shop lifting again any time soon.

Not that this justifies his actions at all but I have seen on several ocassioans where a shop lifter has posed as a cripple so they can hide shit under their wheel chair where ppl likely wont look. Home Cheapo was notorious for this and the same dude was arrested (3) times for that. Jus sayn.....

Idn maybe he confused his Taser with his gun lol but in this Cops mind this was a "Deadly Force" situation so the Taser would not have been deployed.

He over reacted and will most certainly be charged with a crime imo.

Have to agree with everything here.

Users who are viewing this thread