Made a discovery

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
I hoping so much that you would really have 390hp, that I let out a big 'ahhhh man' when I saw the engine pics. You seemed to really have your hopes up, lol.

I believe the owner read the 03/04 specs and just told you that. It seems stock and in good condition so the previous owner might not have known exactly what he had.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I think you are going to be disappointed when you get it dynoed and see the hp numbers. For a dd go with 4:10's or better yet 4:30's.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
lol at this thread.....but congrats on the purchase..

i know. the op will probably look back at this thread in a couple of months and laugh. i was very ignorant when i first bought my cobra and joined this site. he'll figure it out soon enough.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
that cobra is one of the best colors, but it is also stocker than the day is long my man...gl witht he car cause it is siick and doe some appearance stuff and exhaust, and i reccomend 373 if you do some hiway...410s regardless of what anyone says gets horrible gas ileage..but u didnt buy a cobra for that

Rev Happy

Established Member
The previous owner probably got confused with stock numbers of an 03/04 Cobra.

Congrats on the purchase but you got a lot to learn about these cars so spend some time reading in this forum and in the archives.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I should put in stock springs&wheels

and then get dust/dirt all over my engine bay

then try and pass my car off as having 260rwhp

my94pony

addicted
Established Member
i wont beat on ya for thnking it has 390 rwhp, is somebody told me that i would wanna believe it to butyou have to be reasonable and look around, and when you do it looks like the only thing he did at all is remove the stock intake housing

anyways good buy 5500 aint too bad even for a high mileage cobra and welcome to SVTP!

oh and my dd cobra just hit 20k miles :)

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Stock MAF which tells me you have stock injectors which would not support that kind of power N/A,

A stock MAF does not mean stock injectors.
Im sorry, but you have been lied to you probably only make 250 rwhp because that air filter is more likely to take hp then add it.

There is nothing wrong with that filter

Regardless of how much power it makes, it looks like you got a decent deal on the car.

Last edited:

CJK440

Established Member
Slick,

Nice car. To me, mileage takes a back seat to the condition. I'd take a well taken care of 126k car over 70k of rode hard put away wet. If the car is clean I think you did good for $5500.

As for the HP, like the other guys said, I think the previous owner fibbed a bit. Take that 390 with a grain of salt and just enjoy the car. They are fun to drive dead stock.

Ya gotta wash it though. LOL!

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Good buy nonetheless. You are nowhere near even 290 RWHP, let alone 390, but think of that as a good thing. Give it a bath and clean up the engine bay. Then get exhaust, make sure your air filter is clean, and a set of gears and you'll have a fun cruiser. Spray a 75 or 100 shot on top, and you may be damn close to your 390 hp lol.

skate47e

Established Member
you could probably feel if it feels like 390rwhp. And that engine looks very stock. But if it is 390hp. THen congrats. I wish i had that. However im not sure if you could get a 390hp car for $5500. Anyways good luck, and welcome to the SVT group.

Last edited:

Toasty

Established Member
Lol ya maybe. But most of the cars here are also track cars or weekend cars and such. This was and will be a DD :-D Also, thanks for the input everyone. Much appreciated:thumbsup::thumbsup:

As for engine bay pics:
DSCN2056.jpg

DSCN2057.jpg

DSCN2058.jpg

You DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT, have 390rwhp. If you insist on going by what the seller told you then you were lied to, plain and simple.

A 96-98 cobra with exhaust (if you have aftermarket exhaust) and a cheap cold air intake wil make maybe 255-260rwhp on a chassis dyno.

Helomech74

Established Member
I think we have established that he was mislead when buying the car. How about we drop it and stop bashing the guy for it.

To the OP, nice looking car. Have fun with it.

Users who are viewing this thread