Made a discovery

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Is it really necessary to carry on about this? It's pretty well established that this car is not going to produce 390rwhp.

Never the less, very nice car, 97SlickSerpent! Looks like a really clean, well kept 97!

Toasty

Established Member
Is it really necessary to carry on about this? It's pretty well established that this car is not going to produce 390rwhp.

Never the less, very nice car, 97SlickSerpent! Looks like a really clean, well kept 97!

Talk to cookie, he's the one being a dick.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Geez tough crowd these days

HAHA! You Indiana Jones clip sums up this thread.

OP you got a good deal on what looks like a decently maintained sn95 Cobra. Hang around this section and read alot for a while and you will learn a TON. When I first joined I kept to myself for the most part, absorbing as much info as possible and doing my own research to expand my knowledge. Now I know enough to make good arguements, give good advice and information, and prove that I still don't know all that much about MOD motors in the grand scope of things LOL! Especially when compared to the more technical experts in this site. Welcome to SVTP!:thumbsup:

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
Maybe the previous owner meant to say 290hp.:shrug:

If you take your time and look around you can always find a cobra for less.

I just bought my 98 cobra, with 43,000 miles and I paid less than 5 grand. Clean title never been wrecked.
Damn good deal! Fudge I over paid

i wont beat on ya for thnking it has 390 rwhp, is somebody told me that i would wanna believe it to butyou have to be reasonable and look around, and when you do it looks like the only thing he did at all is remove the stock intake housing

anyways good buy 5500 aint too bad even for a high mileage cobra and welcome to SVTP!

oh and my dd cobra just hit 20k miles :)

yeah $5,500 is a good deal. Cant find any in my area for under $8k regardless of miles

A stock MAF does not mean stock injectors.

There is nothing wrong with that filter

Regardless of how much power it makes, it looks like you got a decent deal on the car.

Its ugly and looks extremely cheap. It also looks like a autozone filter that will LOVE to suck in some water. At the VERY VERY least throw a K&N on it!

Water is a very expensive thing to try.. But hey he could be like that 1 guy who flushed out his oil system by putting a water hose in it... :bash:
I would use 3:73 gears. Mine came with 4:10 and I do not like them.

Viper Spec T-56 + 4.10's = 2,300 at 70 mph......

just sayin

Users who are viewing this thread