Lysholm 3.3 Owners, Come In

ctgreddy

Established Member
so why are these blowers so unpopular comapred to whipples? i've been comparing and everyone that does have one of these with e85 all makes over 700whp and most i've seen or heard about are stock long block, plus the blowers are cheaper than a whipple, by quite a bit. when i ditch the eaton it will more than likely be one of these.

MurderedMach

Established Member
so why are these blowers so unpopular comapred to whipples? i've been comparing and everyone that does have one of these with e85 all makes over 700whp and most i've seen or heard about are stock long block, plus the blowers are cheaper than a whipple, by quite a bit. when i ditch the eaton it will more than likely be one of these.

We are staying under the radar. We like to be known as an Elite group...sort of like the Avengers.

:rockon:

ctgreddy

Established Member
haha cant complain with that, hopefully i can be in the group some day!

c_mart_28

Established Member
I don't know that I would use the term "unpopular" so much as just not as common.

Vortech got into the game so late with this (talking 2009-ish..) when Whipple and KB had already established such a strong foothold. On top of that, with the blower not taking off quite as quickly as I think Vortech was anticipating, I think their marketing has not been as aggressive as of late.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
For the price it can't be beat! 2.9 with crusher is 5250, and you still need an intake and throttlebody! With the Lysholm its all included and 4600 or less!

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
I was going to run the 4.25 with a 6lb lower, but after spending all this money..... I'd rather enjoy the car for a bit and not pop the motor. Lol

c_mart_28

Established Member
4 lb lower, 4" upper myself. Actually just tossed on a 3.75" upper to see what she will do but my pulley alignment, or mis-alignment rather, is causing a couple issues.

I anticipate running the 4lb/4" combo most of the time and the 3.75" for the track.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
It's all dependant upon exhaust flow. 4.25 upper is 17-19lbs plus a 4 lower will make it 21-23lbs. I'd start with the 4.25 and see what you got. According to vortech, each .25in is 2.5lb of boost, so with a 4 upper you could potentially be at 25-26psi.

c_mart_28

Established Member
I can dig up the calculator for you, give me a little time.

That said, Vortech published an 11000 rpm max on the blower which doesn't seem entirely possible to me..

Last edited:

Emwun Garand

Established Member
New #'s as of today.

3.5" upper, stock lower, 55* air temps outside.

Picked up 76rwhp and 50 lb/ft going from the 3.75" to 3.5" and cooler air.

hG8Yal.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread