Leaving CA

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Shots Fired.

I literally had a job offer at Tesla to be a Commodity Manager - for 7% less then the going rate for a Big 3 CM to live in ****ing Fremont back in 2017. Literal hard ****ing pass.

As far as making money > that's true anywhere. You can network, get into tech and become a multi millionaire living in Moscow like a King if so inclined and capable.

Doesn't change the reality you need to be at the upper 3% of income earners to live a respectable life in Cali compared to just being in the 65-75% anywhere else.
You should have taken it and got stock, live in Fremont or surrounding area for maybe 3 years and GTFO. Some have gotten lucky and able to leave because of remote work.

Have a friend that did just that, he was a Ford and BMW tech, went to tesla and got stocks for initial hire, stayed with them for I think 3 years and bounced.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Hahahaha--here we have another treynor pole smoker who cannot separate the SHIT in CA from the non-SHIT and draw conclusions as to why it's bad and how to fix. Why white-knight for a place that you KNOW is run into the ground and managed poorly?

If you aren't a part of the solution--or at least identifying the issue/s--, you are a part of the problem and saying "It doesn't happen in myyyyyyyyy neighborhood, so CA is awesome!" is about the most ignorant position someone can have.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
You should have taken it and got stock, live in Fremont or surrounding area for maybe 3 years and GTFO. Some have gotten lucky and able to leave because of remote work.

Have a friend that did just that, he was a Ford and BMW tech, went to tesla and got stocks for initial hire, stayed with them for I think 3 years and bounced.

Still, hard pass.

Losing tens of thousands in wages on top of tens of thousands in housing on top of moving expenses - to maybe break even on stock options, maybe in 3 years?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Hahahaha--here we have another treynor pole smoker who cannot separate the SHIT in CA from the non-SHIT and draw conclusions as to why it's bad and how to fix. Why white-knight for a place that you KNOW is run into the ground and managed poorly?

If you aren't a part of the solution--or at least identifying the issue/s--, you are a part of the problem and saying "It doesn't happen in myyyyyyyyy neighborhood, so CA is awesome!" is about the most ignorant position someone can have.
I can't fix the problems in SF, nor do I live there to make the changes. You should run for office and let people know your plans to fix it Easier said then done huh? Get off the milk crate, there's long lines of morons like you.

Also, you seem to be the treynor pole smoker, you love bringing up that guy.

Still, hard pass.

Losing tens of thousands in wages on top of tens of thousands in housing on top of moving expenses - to maybe break even on stock options, maybe in 3 years?
I just looked up Tesla stock, in 2017 it was around $50, it went to $1200 in november, right now its $850. Also you would be renting a place for the purpose of saving up money, but even buying a home at that time is cheaper than today.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I can't fix the problems in SF, nor do I live there to make the changes. You should run for office and let people know your plans to fix it Easier said then done huh? Get off the milk crate, there's long lines of morons like you.

Also, you seem to be the treynor pole smoker, you love bringing up that guy.

That's hilarious. Im not the guy chasing everything he posts for my opportunity @him to show everyone I blew him on Saturday. You could teach the class on how to beat off a rich guy with both hands. You preach while @FatCuck demonstrates.

Neither one of you peter puffers have any shame whatsoever. It's amazing.

Nice try though, lil buddy.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
That's hilarious. Im not the guy chasing everything he posts for my opportunity @him to show everyone I blew him on Saturday. You could teach the class on how to beat off a rich guy with both hands. You preach while @FatCuck demonstrates.

Neither one of you peter puffers have any shame whatsoever. It's amazing.

Nice try though, lil buddy.
I love your mental gymnastics. You can admire someone without being gay. Treynor is like one of us, except he was in the right place at the right time. Now dude is living the life any one of us would live.

I don't know how old you are, but you got a lot of hate. I know its just jabbing jokes, but what makes fatboss a cuck?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I love your mental gymnastics. You can admire someone without being gay. Treynor is like one of us, except he was in the right place at the right time. Now dude is living the life any one of us would live.

I don't know how old you are, but you got a lot of hate. I know its just jabbing jokes, but what makes fatboss a cuck? Whats your name for me? What'd I do to hurt you?

Again.. Im sure tryenor is a great person. By all accounts he is.

I don't hate anyone. Youre all good guys if we're being honest. These forums everyone is arguing a point. When I argue a point, I go 100%.... that's all. Eff people's feelings.

Plus I've been around for almost 45 years so believe it or not, old/angry people like me have learned a few things along the way.

CA--great place to visit or be from.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
At least no other state has a Gary Indiana.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
At least no other state has a Gary Indiana.

South Bends crime rate is worse.

Michigan has Detroit and Benton Harlem.

Illinois had Chicago

Ohio has Cleveland and Toledo

Gary is pretty tame these days...

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It was a shit show 4 years ago and in March I will see it again. It was a decayed vomitory my last visit. All the white people drove by looking at me like they seen a miracle as I was walking to the shops.

Illinois had Chicago

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It was a shit show 4 years ago and in March I will see it again. It was a decayed vomitory my last visit. All the white people drove by looking at me like they seen a miracle as I was walking to the shops.

I don't doubt that...just saying it's no longer the gold standard. We have places far worse these days...

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
If you want to stay in the union your choices might be limited.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Illinois had Chicago

That list could easily be extended. May as well toss in LA and NYC to start. They get worse with every passing day.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
We are in California for a family vacation. At least 5x daily so far we have asked why anyone would choose to live here. That is pretty much just traffic related tho. Staying in Anaheim and went to Universal studios yesterday. 34 miles and took 75 minutes to get there and over 2 hours to get back to the hotel at the end of the day. Wtf?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
We are in California for a family vacation. At least 5x daily so far we have asked why anyone would choose to live here. That is pretty much just traffic related tho. Staying in Anaheim and went to Universal studios yesterday. 34 miles and took 75 minutes to get there and over 2 hours to get back to the hotel at the end of the day. Wtf?

Ha the traffic... yeah no one has even mentioned that yet. It is absolutely awful.

Im 70 miles East of LA and even this far out, my 23 mile commute home from work takes about 45 minutes.

I worked 5 miles from downtown LA a few years back and the LA traffic is truly a gift from Satan lol. Worst there is by far.

muscleatsrice

Established Member
The further out you go the worse the commute, but cheaper the housing. Some people don’t mind sitting in a car 4 hours a day. I am not one of them. Not worth missing out on life.

This place is definitely good for a certain demographic and lifestyle. If you are able to make 300k per year, you can make this place work(Bay Area) As far as blue collar and middle class, CA works against you. Just depends how you want to live. Us? My wife stay home with the kids and me work, not happening here unless I want to super commute and miss out on everything.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Machdup1

Established Member
I worked the graveyard shift at Disneyland and would hit traffic jams going to work. That was in the 80’s. Sounds like nothing changes.

blk02edge

Established Member
My take away here is that Fatboss is the type who would pay to have two ribs surgically removed so he can suck his own ****

Users who are viewing this thread