Leaving CA

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
P.S $400K in CA is like $50k in the rest of the country. You're not wealthy if you make $400k a year in PA let alone CA.

I was going to mention that.. you beat me to it. He also let the cat out of the bag by indicating that $400k included his stock grants.

The poverty line in Northern Cal is over $100k/annual so yeah... you're not exactly ballin in that area at 400.

As much as he wants to be Treynor (you should see the nut licking @FatCuck was doing on Ben in the other thread) he's not Treynor despite what he wants everyone to believe.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I think the point is that its a one way street. People obviously stay in CA for one reason or another. Depending where they live they have the option of selling a home and can use those funds to buy 2-3 houses elsewhere.

The same does not apply going the other way.
This is true. Our housing market isn't so inflated that similar housing elsewhere is a third of what it is here. I'm just not sure an inflated housing market is a plus.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Question…what do you pay in taxes per year? What will you pay in the next 10 combined?

I live on a little less than an acre and it’s plenty for me. I owe just under $50k on my main house, that I wouldn’t sell for a penny less than $800k. A 4k sq ft farmhouse that was originally built in 1910, pool/hot tub, and climate controlled shop. House was completely redone in 2016 down to the studs. If we decide to stay instead of build on one of our other pieces of property, I’ll build another shop. This house went up in equity at least $200k last year.

I have 2 other houses worth $300k combined and have a few acres here and there in and around my town, I also made considerable money last year, a touch more than you. I have 5 cars, but like you would like to own a few more.

I too have plenty of money to do whatever I want, whenever I want, but don’t let it go to my head. I literally want for nothing.

I paid a little over $5k in taxes last year on 5 separate properties, all of which have live oaks on them. My main house has a couple that are over 250 years old.

Everyone’s homes are going to appreciate, see the ghetto references above. Would you pay $500k to live in watts? Nah, didn’t think so.

Question is how much cash do you have to spend in the next 10-20 years on taxes? You honestly don’t know because your state will keep adding new taxes on top of old.

In the next 10 years, I won’t pay over $80k in taxes combined on all I have now.

I haven't done my taxes yet, but maybe $175k in income tax? Property tax is about $10k for my two houses. I have no idea how much I'm going to spend in the next 10 to 20 years on taxes. A lot, I imagine. But I'll also net well over $2M after taxes, and likely closer to $3M if my career trajectory holds like it has for the past 15 years.

Sounds like you have a nice place there.

I get the logic from some of the people living in CA. If you were born inside a prison and raised inside a prison and someone told you how much better life was outside that prison you might not realize what you are missing. Meanwhile those who reside inside that prison wouldn't live there for anything.

P.S $400K in CA is like $50k in the rest of the country. You're not wealthy if you make $400k a year in PA let alone CA.
BTW @Fatboss are you allowed to cut down those trees on your property if you choose and at your desecration, or would you be fined? I have a couple thousand trees on my property and could clear cut it and sell it to a mill if I wanted. Pin oaks, Red oaks, Hickory, Cherry, Maples, Poplar, Dogwoods, Ribbon trees and Cedars, etc.

I almost moved to TX in 1997 for work. It didn't happen and I have no idea what my life would have been like had I moved. But, I live less than 15 mins away from my folks and my friends. It's hard to replace that somewhere else.

I was going to mention that.. you beat me to it. He also let the cat out of the bag by indicating that $400k included his stock grants.

The poverty line in Northern Cal is over $100k/annual so yeah... you're not exactly ballin in that area at 400.

As much as he wants to be Treynor (you should see the nut licking @FatCuck was doing on Ben in the other thread) he's not Treynor despite what he wants everyone to believe.

What cat out of what bag? This year I might make the same, I might make more or I might make less. Who wouldn't want to be like Ben? He is a great guy, and very gracious. You on the other hand are a complete douchebag. It's no wonder you two are at the opposite ends of the human spectrum.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Im sure he's a fine human being.

You and I have different ways of showing appreciation to other males, however.

Carry on, Bruce!

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Yup. They pay $2500 in rent to have to wonder if someone is gonna invade their home …

Meanwhile I pay $800 in my little town in Texas .. and I can’t remember the last time I locked my car doors
61a238fbb9fe0.jpeg

jrandy

Established Member
Holy shit - I can never get over how fragile some people can be about California. The right loves ragging on the left for fake news and blindly following CNN and other mainstream media. And rightfully so.

But good God... the right does the same thing. Fox News (et al) loves the polarizing pictures and videos about the homeless people shitting all over the streets high on god knows what. And you guys just eat it up. All of California is like this! I haven't seen a single homeless person shit or OD where I live. Funny, I actually I've in Morgan Hill too. We have like literally 3 homeless people. They all get shipped to San Jose.

But California is a big place. Northern California is a big place. The Bay Area is a big place.

I was born and raised in San Jose. It's California's 3rd largest city (and 10th largest in the US). Where I grew up, it was a quiet and safe neighborhood. East Side San Jose and parts of downtown are shit holes. But there's dozes of quiet communities within San Jose proper that are safe and have low crime rates. With that said, I moved out of San Jose to a suburb (Morgan Hill) about 8 years ago. Best thing I ever did.

Pre Pandemic, I worked out of an office in Downtown San Jose. I did see lots of homeless that the news would portray. I would see homeless people shitting in the streets, injecting directly in front of whoever. The shitty fact is that other areas of California (and other states) do ship their homeless and San Jose and San Francisco welcome them with open arms. They have created and continues to foster the problems we have today.

Politically, California sucks. Most of the Bay Area sucks politically as well. I don't think anyone is really arguing that.

And to rebuttal everyone shouting 'high prices negate the high incomes', California is number 1 for highest net worth by state: link

But good God, you guys sure are delicate snowflakes. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Holy shit - I can never get over how fragile some people can be about California. The right loves ragging on the left for fake news and blindly following CNN and other mainstream media. And rightfully so.

But good God... the right does the same thing. Fox News (et al) loves the polarizing pictures and videos about the homeless people shitting all over the streets high on god knows what. And you guys just eat it up. All of California is like this! I haven't seen a single homeless person shit or OD where I live. Funny, I actually I've in Morgan Hill too. We have like literally 3 homeless people. They all get shipped to San Jose.

But California is a big place. Northern California is a big place. The Bay Area is a big place.

I was born and raised in San Jose. It's California's 3rd largest city (and 10th largest in the US). Where I grew up, it was a quiet and safe neighborhood. East Side San Jose and parts of downtown are shit holes. But there's dozes of quiet communities within San Jose proper that are safe and have low crime rates. With that said, I moved out of San Jose to a suburb (Morgan Hill) about 8 years ago. Best thing I ever did.

Pre Pandemic, I worked out of an office in Downtown San Jose. I did see lots of homeless that the news would portray. I would see homeless people shitting in the streets, injecting directly in front of whoever. The shitty fact is that other areas of California (and other states) do ship their homeless and San Jose and San Francisco welcome them with open arms. They have created and continues to foster the problems we have today.

Politically, California sucks. Most of the Bay Area sucks politically as well. I don't think anyone is really arguing that.

And to rebuttal everyone shouting 'high prices negate the high incomes', California is number 1 for highest net worth by state: link

Interesting points. Still have net outflows from the state which should tell you something. Did I put this delicately? I grew up in Illinois lol.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

So all of that fooking dissertation, yet you are unable to intellectually make the tie between shitting in streets/OD'ing in broad daylight and the politics of the state?

I think that's the whole point of the thread.

Because no one shits on your specific lawn, CA is a great place to be?

Interesting.

jrandy

Established Member
So all of that fooking dissertation, yet you are unable to intellectually make the tie between shitting in streets/OD'ing in broad daylight and the politics of the state?

Interesting.

Great for you to ignore most of what I said and focus on what you wanted to. I'm sure I can travel to every single state and find someone shitting in the streets somewhere. In the Bay, SF, Oak, and San Jose in select areas (outside of SF as it's basically everywhere o_O) are predominantly where you'll see it.

Travel literally anywhere else outside of those three cities, and you won't be running into it.

And where did I not say politics was the problem? I actually think I specifically mentioned that they were the problem.

The shitty fact is that other areas of California (and other states) do ship their homeless and San Jose and San Francisco welcome them with open arms. They have created and continues to foster the problems we have today.

So, yea, I did acknowledge that our political moronic leaders have created this problem.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

Interesting.

Ehh unfortunately Austin TX is OD in broad daylight capital of Texas lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great for you to ignore most of what I said and focus on what you wanted to. I'm sure I can travel to every single state and find someone shitting in the streets somewhere. In the Bay, SF, Oak, and San Jose in select areas (outside of SF as it's basically everywhere o_O) are predominantly where you'll see it.

Travel literally anywhere else outside of those three cities, and you won't be running into it.

Every single state? lol.. ok. False. You should get out of your own town once in a while, Jr.

Besides, you are missing the point. The policy makers and their decisions drive those behaviors, period.----Im not sure how else to tell you that.

Behavior such as shitting in front of a curbside restaurant while a family of 4 eats outside simply doesn't happen in the Dakotas, Arkansas, Iowa, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Carolina, etc etc. You know, states with enforced laws preventing this "shit" from happening.

Not a very complex concept, really.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Ironic that in your rebuttal of the Medias portray you parrot their exact talking points.

"California is a playground for the Rich".

Morgan Hills - medium home price, $1.3 million.

So if I want to avoid crime, homeless and garbage, I need to afford a $1.3 million dollar home....

If I don't want to be crippled under insane cost of living, energy costs, fuel prices income taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, emissions testing, congestion, traffic, etc - I just need to clear +$400k a year!!

Or just shy of the magical $545k to be an official 1%!!!

Net Worth? You mean a horribly skewed metric because of the number of celebrities and billionaires that reside in California, this driving up the average.

Every other metric, from "happiness", to cost of living, quality of life, education, crime, safety, etc California ranks in the bottom 50% (typically dead center) despite "having the world's 5th largest economy" or whatever.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Every single state? lol.. ok. False. You should get out of your own town once in a while, Jr.

Besides, you are missing the point. The policy makers and their decisions drive those behaviors, period.----Im not sure how else to tell you that.

Behavior such as shitting in front of a curbside restaurant while a family of 4 eats outside simply doesn't happen in the Dakotas, Arkansas, Iowa, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Carolina, etc etc. You know, states with enforced laws preventing this "shit" from happening.

Not a very complex concept, really.

Ehh the meth problem in North Dakota during the oil boom was insane … hell the meth epidemic is still insane in ND

Dudes were roofieing dudes and raping them back in the day.

Places like ND especially in winter a lot of people can’t do Jack shit when it’s -50… so they just do drugs

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ehh the meth problem in North Dakota during the oil boom was insane … hell the meth epidemic is still insane in ND

Dudes were roofieing dudes and raping them back in the day.

Places like ND especially in winter a lot of people can’t do Jack shit when it’s -50… so they just do drugs

Right. And there were no consequences for those behaviors? You seem to be missing the point also.

How often does this happen in ND?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Lol, reading this thread is depressing. You have a guy thats wants to leave and people just shitting on him, despite those people not being originally from the place their currently at (@Corbic, i know your broke ass aint from AZ).

Then you have a dude that is pretty well off (fatboss), and people shitting on him saying he doesnt make enough, he lives in a shit hole, or how they would rather live where they live and make what they make. LOL, a lot of morons here. holy shit.

Typical SVTP, I dont live there and see it in the news a lot, so it must mean entire area is shit. What some of you have said can literally happen anywhere, true it might happen in cali more, but there are a shit load more people here. I can travel to your state, wait for you to have dinner with your family and drop trou and shit in front of the window where you and your fam are sitting, pull pants back up and walk away, cops aint gonna catch me. There would need to be a cop on site for that to happen!

Good luck OP, been in the bay are my entire life and prob staying here, no plans to leave, politics suck, especially in SF where I agree its a shit hole, but not all parts. So really it aint bad, it also doesnt affect me. Guns? I got them, dont really care to shoot them. I guess my only gripe about this state is vehicle mods, I mean we're all car guys right? Thats my only gripe and even then it doesnt bother me that I cant spend +65k to twin turbo my viper which is a baby dick package per Calvo Motorsports.

This state is awesome, if you can afford it. Best place to ride motorcycles too. Also, someone compared Texas "ocean" vs Cali ocean? Lol, must be smoking the meth you keep talking about @CompOrange04GT.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Lol, reading this thread is depressing. You have a guy thats wants to leave and people just shitting on him, despite those people not being originally from the place their currently at (@Corbic, i know your broke ass aint from AZ).

Then you have a dude that is pretty well off (fatboss), and people shitting on him saying he doesnt make enough, he lives in a shit hole, or how they would rather live where they live and make what they make. LOL, a lot of morons here. holy shit.

Typical SVTP, I dont live there and see it in the news a lot, so it must mean entire area is shit. What some of you have said can literally happen anywhere, true it might happen in cali more, but there are a shit load more people here. I can travel to your state, wait for you to have dinner with your family and drop trou and shit in front of the window where you and your fam are sitting, pull pants back up and walk away, cops aint gonna catch me. There would need to be a cop on site for that to happen!

Good luck OP, been in the bay are my entire life and prob staying here, no plans to leave, politics suck, especially in SF where I agree its a shit hole, but not all parts. So really it aint bad, it also doesnt affect me. Guns? I got them, dont really care to shoot them. I guess my only gripe about this state is vehicle mods, I mean we're all car guys right? Thats my only gripe and even then it doesnt bother me that I cant spend +65k to twin turbo my viper which is a baby dick package per Calvo Motorsports.

This state is awesome, if you can afford it. Best place to ride motorcycles too. Also, someone compared Texas "ocean" vs Cali ocean? Lol, must be smoking the meth you keep talking about @CompOrange04GT.

I lived in Chino Hills Cali.

Don’t get me wrong it was nice.

But I’ll still take texas

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Playground for the Rich.

Literally everyone agrees.

So again, thanks for proving our points.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I lived in Chino Hills Cali.

Don’t get me wrong it was nice.

But I’ll still take texas
Theres a ton of nice areas where I haven't needed to think about: hmm, im tired of this entire place, I need to move to another state. I've lived in bay area and in socal, like orange county and san diego county too. Tons of nice areas, just really expensive, up and down the state. A lot of shit holes too, but more nice areas.

Playground for the Rich.

Literally everyone agrees.

So again, thanks for proving our points.
I'm 37, had a ton of jobs, met a ton of people in those jobs and in military (all walks of life). I honestly think the best way to make income is rubbing elbows with the rich or going to a place with talent. Like fat boss said, there is a tech boom here. It was in SF and might still be, but this area is still booming (bay area). Its Biotech and and tesla, we also have Lucid and NIO and I'm sure they branched out to other states. But I've driven around enough the entire bay to see that other car manufacturers have buildings here to soak up that talent. Basically rub elbows with these people, some of them may be the next Elon.

Last edited:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm 37, had a ton of jobs, met a ton of people in those jobs and in military (all walks of life). I honestly think the best way to make income is rubbing elbows with the rich or going to a place with talent. Like fat boss said, there is a tech boom here. It was in SF and might still be, but this area is still booming (bay area). Its Biotech and and tesla, we also have Lucid and NIO and I'm sure they branched out to other states. But I've driven around enough the entire bay to see that other car manufacturers have buildings here to soak up that talent. Basically rub elbows with these people, some of them may be the next Elon.

Shots Fired.

I literally had a job offer at Tesla to be a Commodity Manager - for 7% less then the going rate for a Big 3 CM to live in ****ing Fremont back in 2017. Literal hard ****ing pass.

As far as making money > that's true anywhere. You can network, get into tech and become a multi millionaire living in Moscow like a King if so inclined and capable.

Doesn't change the reality you need to be at the upper 3% of income earners to live a respectable life in Cali compared to just being in the 65-75% anywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread