Leaving CA

Fat Boss

Established Member
It always amazes me the amount dick measuring people will do to around here. It’s painfully obvious. 99% sure this dude got picked on in school and still isn’t over it.

Awww hug?

No not yet. But it will be California 2.0 here in the next decade or 2. Denver isn’t to California’s level of shitting on the streets but we’ll get there. Mostly because all the low life California people fleeing their aids infested stated to infect another state with aids. Your kinda people I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
99% sure you're no where near six feet tall.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Well let's see. I live on two acres, so a half acre would suck pretty bad by comparison. Also have 75 native oak trees on it, instead of cacti. My next house will have garage and shop space for 10 cars so easily beating a 3 car garage. And since I made $400k last year at my job, $200k would suck extra bad. Oh, and I'm 15 mins to downtown. I have PLENTY of money to go out whenever I want, eat wherever I want, go on vacation to wherever I want to go. $400k goes a long way. My house went up in value by $300k last year alone. In 20 years my equity is going to be orders of magnitude more than yours.

You guys are such media slurpees. SF is literally like 1% of CA but since the media tells you that CA is SF, you slurp it down all day long. Careful, there's some on your chin.

Well, first, congrats on being the Media Stereotype that "California is the playground for the wealthy".

Second, I doubt you're making $400k as a insurances claims adjuster and your little slice of heaven was only $300k. Which is kinda of my point.

Normies in Cali pay $3k/m rent for flop houses when they could be living like kings - but oh noes, the weather.

News flash, weather sucks in most of Cali. Coast is chilly and windy and move a half hour inland and you might as well be in Arizona.

Second, I was in Cali 7 times last year, from Huntington Beach, San Diego to Long Beach, Torrance and Laguna Hills.

It's a festering shit hole top to bottom and the media completely fails to capture the extent of it.

Bragging about your home value increasing in Cali is a broken shell game. You can't sell it for enough to cover the increase on any upgrades in Cali. Meaning the only way to profit is to flee like all the other rats and head to a better state.

Last edited:

Fat Boss

Established Member
Well, first, congrats on being the Media Stereotype that "California is the playground for the wealthy".

Second, I doubt you're making $400k as a insurances claims adjuster and your little slice of heaven was only $300k. Which is kinda of my point.

Normies in Cali pay $3k/m rent for flop houses when they could be living like kings - but oh noes, the weather.

News flash, weather sucks in most of Cali. Coast is chilly and windy and move a half hour inland and you might as well be in Arizona.

Second, I was in Cali 7 times last year, from Huntington Beach, San Diego to Long Beach, Torrance and Laguna Hills.

It's a festering shit hole top to bottom and the media completely fails to capture the extent of it.

Bragging about your home value increasing in Cali is a broken shell game. You can't sell it for enough to cover the increase on any upgrades in Cali. Meaning the only way to profit is to flee like all the other rats and head to a better state.

Doubt all you want. Silicon Valley is a gold rush right now. The cost of housing and the total comp plans of the tech companies is in a vicious cycle. The companies have to pay a lot, and that lot drives up the cost of housing. I run very complex engineering projects. I know people can make a ton being an insurance agent, but that's not my career. When you're a senior staff technical program manager in Silicon Valley, you make a shit ton in salary and you make another shit ton in stock. I was born here, so it's pretty normal for me. And I don't have a $300k house, that would be a single wide. My house value went up by $300k last year.

All those areas I wouldn't live in if you paid me. Check out Morgan Hill sometime.

Adower

Established Member
Cause that's literally the only thing they have going for them.

They can't grasp the joy of living on a 1/2 acre plot, in a crime free subdivision with a 5-bedroom house, 3 car garage built in 1998 with a pool just 35 minutes from downtown....for only $300k, while having a household income of $200k a year...

All that spending cash going to cars, eating out, fully finished man cave theater basements and multiple annual week long vacations to Florida, Cancun, Aruba and Cruises. Cause yeah, it'll dip into the 20's a few days a year.

Total hell hole. Need to move to San Fran for the weather, tech jobs and diversity...
CA isn't as bad as most say.

Someone from the ghetto of LA can sell their house and buy 3 of your houses at the drop of a dime.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
CA isn't as bad as most say.

Someone from the ghetto of LA can sell their house and buy 3 of your houses at the drop of a dime.

Median home price in Watts is $512k... So that's a negative.

Kinda warped logic too...

"Bruh my life is so much bettah cuz my house is worth $800k... Even though I'm surrounded by crime, homelessness and ghetto... Stupid peasants in their $300k Mc'Mansions"

Kings!
ISahjzchcih8bk1000000000.jpg

Hicks!
21706324_0.jpg

C2tuck

Established Member
Well let's see. I live on two acres, so a half acre would suck pretty bad by comparison. Also have 75 native oak trees on it, instead of cacti. My next house will have garage and shop space for 10 cars so easily beating a 3 car garage. And since I made $400k last year at my job, $200k would suck extra bad. Oh, and I'm 15 mins to downtown. I have PLENTY of money to go out whenever I want, eat wherever I want, go on vacation to wherever I want to go. $400k goes a long way. My house went up in value by $300k last year alone. In 20 years my equity is going to be orders of magnitude more than yours.

You guys are such media slurpees. SF is literally like 1% of CA but since the media tells you that CA is SF, you slurp it down all day long. Careful, there's some on your chin.

Question…what do you pay in taxes per year? What will you pay in the next 10 combined?

I live on a little less than an acre and it’s plenty for me. I owe just under $50k on my main house, that I wouldn’t sell for a penny less than $800k. A 4k sq ft farmhouse that was originally built in 1910, pool/hot tub, and climate controlled shop. House was completely redone in 2016 down to the studs. If we decide to stay instead of build on one of our other pieces of property, I’ll build another shop. This house went up in equity at least $200k last year.

I have 2 other houses worth $300k combined and have a few acres here and there in and around my town, I also made considerable money last year, a touch more than you. I have 5 cars, but like you would like to own a few more.

I too have plenty of money to do whatever I want, whenever I want, but don’t let it go to my head. I literally want for nothing.

I paid a little over $5k in taxes last year on 5 separate properties, all of which have live oaks on them. My main house has a couple that are over 250 years old.

Everyone’s homes are going to appreciate, see the ghetto references above. Would you pay $500k to live in watts? Nah, didn’t think so.

Question is how much cash do you have to spend in the next 10-20 years on taxes? You honestly don’t know because your state will keep adding new taxes on top of old.

In the next 10 years, I won’t pay over $80k in taxes combined on all I have now.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Isn't that kind of the point? You have to pay 3x as much to live in a ghetto than I do to not live in a ghetto.

Yup. They pay $2500 in rent to have to wonder if someone is gonna invade their home …

Meanwhile I pay $800 in my little town in Texas .. and I can’t remember the last time I locked my car doors

Adower

Established Member
Isn't that kind of the point? You have to pay 3x as much to live in a ghetto than I do to not live in a ghetto.
I think the point is that its a one way street. People obviously stay in CA for one reason or another. Depending where they live they have the option of selling a home and can use those funds to buy 2-3 houses elsewhere.

The same does not apply going the other way.

With that being said, once I retire, I do plan to move out of CA. If all goes well I should have two paid off rental properties that bring in ~7.5K a month and a host of other assets that will afford a nice lifestyle in a lower cost of living state.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I get the logic from some of the people living in CA. If you were born inside a prison and raised inside a prison and someone told you how much better life was outside that prison you might not realize what you are missing. Meanwhile those who reside inside that prison wouldn't live there for anything.

P.S $400K in CA is like $50k in the rest of the country. You're not wealthy if you make $400k a year in PA let alone CA.
BTW @Fatboss are you allowed to cut down those trees on your property if you choose and at your desecration, or would you be fined? I have a couple thousand trees on my property and could clear cut it and sell it to a mill if I wanted. Pin oaks, Red oaks, Hickory, Cherry, Maples, Poplar, Dogwoods, Ribbon trees and Cedars, etc.

Adower

Established Member
Yup. They pay $2500 in rent to have to wonder if someone is gonna invade their home …

Meanwhile I pay $800 in my little town in Texas .. and I can’t remember the last time I locked my car doors
There are small rural areas in CA where you can have mortgage like that and not have to lock your car doors as well.

Adower

Established Member
I get the logic from some of the people living in CA. If you were born inside a prison and raised inside a prison and someone told you how much better life was outside that prison you might not realize what you are missing. Meanwhile those who reside inside that prison wouldn't live there for anything.

P.S $400K in CA is like $50k in the rest of the country. You're not wealthy if you make $400k a year in PA let alone CA.
BTW @Fatboss are you allowed to cut down those trees on your property if you choose and at your desecration, or would you be fined? I have a couple thousand trees on my property and could clear cut it and sell it to a mill if I wanted. Pin oaks, Red oaks, Hickory, Cherry, Maples, Poplar, Dogwoods, Ribbon trees and Cedars, etc.
You act as if people from CA never leave and travel to other states. If you own a home in CA, its way easier to leave CA than it is for someone to come to it based on real estate prices alone.

400K in CA is a ton of money, even if you're living in SF. If you cant live on that you've got budgeting issues.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
There are small rural areas in CA where you can have mortgage like that and not have to lock your car doors as well.

There are tons of places here. Not small random places.

Texas > CA in literally every way

Adower

Established Member
There are tons of places here. Not small random places.

Texas > CA in literally every way
There are also tons of places here.

To say Texas>CA in every way is a cop out. Anyone can say the same the other way around.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member

To say Texas>CA in every way is a cop out. Anyone can say the same the other way around.
Well just by looking at net inflows/outflows, one has an observation. I guess one could say that Cuba is better than the USA overall. Most would not agree with that.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member

You have seasons i have seasons

You have ocean I have ocean.

You have scenery I have scenery

I have freedom…. Well you… uhhh… how’s those masks and vaccine passports ?

Users who are viewing this thread