Kenne Bell 2.6 or Wipple 140ax?

TEABG

Banned
FSTMRFR said:
seems like 600 ponies to the ground is alot to me...6000ft elevation, wow, I am surprised that he made it over the 600rwhp....but I think its bitchen!!!

Cooler Denser at 6,000 FT level, you will actually make more power. 20 PSI Kenne Bell 2.6 @ 20 PSI and 600 RWHP. :shrug:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
TEABG said:
Cooler Denser at 6,000 FT level, you will actually make more power. 20 PSI Kenne Bell 2.6 @ 20 PSI and 600 RWHP. :shrug:

??? Sambandit & the higher level DA guys run up to a second slower than us closer to sea level guys. I'm no expert on this and can't give you the scientific reason why. I was under the impression the lower the DA the denser the air.

What has been found when comparing the newer KB's to the 2.2 & 2.4's are the IAT2 temps are much lower and you don't have to spin the blower as much to get the same amount of boost. This translates to less timing being pulled down the 1/4 mile, and when comparing apples to apples should produce better times & mph. The dyno numbers are somewhat higher with the 2.6 & 2.8's - but the old saying is "dyno's walk - ET's talk" .

Several of my buddies have the whipple and it's a fine twin screw as well..:beer:

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
Antex said:
??? Sambandit & the higher level DA guys run up to a second slower than us closer to sea level guys. I'm no expert on this and can't give you the scientific reason why. I was under the impression the lower the DA the denser the air.

You are correct sir...

BTW--your time and mph in the sig is just with the Kenne Bell and no squeeze? If so, very impressive!

Last edited:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Blown408 86GT said:
You are correct sir...

BTW--your time and mph in the sig is just with the Kenne Bell and no squeeze? If so, very impressive!

Thanks! Yes sir - it was at the Ford Fever modular shootout last month during the qualifying rounds. Perfect 50 degree air, sun shining, had to have been negative DA that day. My buddy with his whipple 3.20/2lb setup was close to 136 mph that day..:burnout:

WDW MKR

Established Member
TEABG said:

As mentioned above, you have it completely backwards. Air is "thinner" at higher elevation. Making 600rwhp @ 20psig and 6000ft elevation is impressive.

Buds03Cobra

Established Member
I got the whipple, I have not put it on yet, But i like the way it looks much better. No retarded dip stick for the oil, it has a sight glass like a jap bike. Boy that was a good idea. The pullys are much better looking aswell. I had no problem geting anyone on the phone, Faxed in my order and it was hear in 5 days. It looks good to. Im only going to run 19# pully so we will se what the numbers are.

TEABG

Banned
WDW MKR said:
As mentioned above, you have it completely backwards. Air is "thinner" at higher elevation. Making 600rwhp @ 20psig and 6000ft elevation is impressive.

Making 600 RWHP with a Whipple 2.3 @ 17 PSI is normal. Kenne Bell 2.6L @ 20 PSI making 600 RWHP despite the elevation is not all that. Kenne Bell 2.6L is "not all that for the .3L is has up on the Whipple". That is my point...................

Last edited:

WDW MKR

Established Member
Stick the 17psig Whipple 140ax at 6000ft elevation and you will be nowhere near 600rwhp. Just contact Scott, aka Sambandit, and ask him how the Colorado elevation effects his car. His new KB allowed him to break into the 10s for the first time.

Is it worth it to sell a Whipple and purchase the KB? No. Is it worth it to choose a KB over the Whipple if you're making a new purchase? Possibly.

Last edited:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Stick the Whipple 140ax at 6000ft elevation and you will be nowhere near 600rwhp. Just contact Scott, aka Sambandit, and ask him how the Colorado elevation effects his car. His new KB allowed him to break into the 10s for the first time.

Is it worth it to sell a Whipple and purchase the KB? No. Is it worth it to choose a KB over the Whipple if you're making a new purchase? Possibly.

:beer:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
TEABG said:
Making 600 RWHP with a Whipple 2.3 @ 17 PSI is normal. Kenne Bell 2.6L @ 20 PSI making 600 RWHP despite the elevation is not all that. Kenne Bell 2.6L is "not all that for the .3L is has up on the Whipple". That is my point...................
Do you have any idea how much a 6000' difference makes? It's huge. That 17# whipple 2.3 @ 6000' would probably be around 500hp.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
WDW MKR said:

that is what I thought, but I really am no expert on it.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
Buds03Cobra said:
I got the whipple, I have not put it on yet, But i like the way it looks much better. No retarded dip stick for the oil, it has a sight glass like a jap bike. Boy that was a good idea. The pullys are much better looking aswell. I had no problem geting anyone on the phone, Faxed in my order and it was hear in 5 days. It looks good to. Im only going to run 19# pully so we will se what the numbers are.

let me know how it works out for you... because I had a terrible time deciding on which blower to go with.... obviously I went with the KB 2.6....so I am real curious to see how it does

Redfirecobra04

Established Member
Whipple 140ax out yet?

I went onto the whipple web page but could not find any info on the W140ax
blower (specs). Is it out yet? Howmuch are they asking for it? Anyone know?

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
:rollseyes what is it with you and KB??? Do you work for Whipple? I have never seen someone post more "hate" toward a vendor on here!
TEABG said:

snackpack

Established Member
Redfirecobra04 said:
I went onto the whipple web page but could not find any info on the W140ax
blower (specs). Is it out yet? Howmuch are they asking for it? Anyone know?

I think it's the only supercharger they have on there site that is for the Terminators. It's been out for a while now, and you can buy them for around $3K.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
And about the blowers, both have great customer service, and both will make all the power you need to fry your tires all the way down the 1320. As long as your in the effeciency range of each blower, both will make about the same power. Sure, a larger blower might have better effeciency at high high high boost and power levels, but up to what, 800 or so their all about equal.

As for my blower of choice, I'll take which ever one gets given to me first. untill then i'll keep lighting you twin screw guys up with my eaton/n2o combo :beer:

WDW MKR

Established Member
03InThe11s said:
And about the blowers, both have great customer service, and both will make all the power you need to fry your tires all the way down the 1320. As long as your in the effeciency range of each blower, both will make about the same power. Sure, a larger blower might have better effeciency at high high high boost and power levels, but up to what, 800 or so their all about equal.

As for my blower of choice, I'll take which ever one gets given to me first. untill then i'll keep lighting you twin screw guys up with my eaton/n2o combo :beer:

Actually, the larger blowers are more efficient at average boost levels as well. The reduced parasitic loss and associated lower IAT2 results in more power and less heat. The 2.6/2.8 seem to overtake the 2.2/2.3/2.4 somewhere around 17-18 psig. Below that, things are pretty much a wash.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Actually, the larger blowers are more efficient at average boost levels as well. The reduced parasitic loss and associated lower IAT2 results in more power and less heat. The 2.6/2.8 seem to overtake the 2.2/2.3/2.4 somewhere around 17-18 psig. Below that, things are pretty much a wash.

i agree with ya, but (in my oppinion) the power difference is going to be hardly noticable. if people are going to compare these blowers, i would like to see someone do a comparison. strap a car on a dyno, record iat, coolant temp, and ic temp, throw a 2.3 on at 17, 19, and 23 (or so) and then throw a KB 2.6 or 2.8 on. make sure the iat, coolant, and ic fluids are the same temp, use the same tunes, and then test at the same boost levels. then for once we can end this arguement :beer:

and at what power level does the KB 2.6/2.8 overtake the smaller displacement blowers? boost is kind of useless, as one blower might effeciently make 17lbs on a small displacement motor, with stock heads, cams and everything, but might only be able to make 10 effecient lbs of boost on a larger displacement, better flowing motor.

Users who are viewing this thread