Kenne Bell 2.6 or Wipple 140ax?

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
well there is already a post out there on the KB 2.4 and Whipple 2.3 but they no longer offer thoes. So I am asking what people would go with now. Either the Kenne Bell 2.6 or the Whipple 140ax?

Last edited:

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I went from a whipple to a KB. I like KB's better and always have. Their performance is very alike which makes them both very competative. The KB's sound awesome so thats how I really fell in love with KB's. The 2.6 is better imo bc of the more efficient big bore. Its newer too, so thats why I would give it a shot.

SRT-M4

Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
I went from a whipple to a KB. I like KB's better and always have. Their performance is very alike which makes them both very competative. The KB's sound awesome so thats how I really fell in love with KB's. The 2.6 is better imo bc of the more efficient big bore. Its newer too, so thats why I would give it a shot.
No Kidding! You arent running the Whipple anymore?
What did you do with it?

GodStang

Established Member
Talk with ESQEddy. He was running a 2.3L Whipple and is now running a 2.6L Kenne Bell. You can ask him what he like about both and which one he would choose if he had to do it over again. He is a real nice guy. These are some of his numbers:

Before:
Whipple 2.3L - 92 degrees F
676 rwhp
670 rwtq
at 23psi

After:
Kenne Bell 2.6L - 104 degrees F
707 rwhp
705 rwtq
at 20psi

This is with a built 306.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
SRT-M4 said:
No Kidding! You arent running the Whipple anymore?
What did you do with it?

Yep, I took it off and swapped it out for a KB. I did like the whipple and was an awesome blower but I just had a change in heart. They are both about the same in performance...still personal preference.

SRT-M4

Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
Yep, I took it off and swapped it out for a KB. I did like the whipple and was an awesome blower but I just had a change in heart. They are both about the same in performance...still personal preference.
Nice! Have you dynod it or had it tuned differently?
Im just about to order my whipple. Should have everything done in a month or so.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
well that is all good in my book...I am really wanting the KB 2.6 but I can get the whipple with the KB switch chip and BAP for less money...but I am trying to talk myself into purchasing the whole KB kit and need a valid reason...Hmmm....

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
SRT-M4 said:
Nice! Have you dynod it or had it tuned differently?
Im just about to order my whipple. Should have everything done in a month or so.

You will not regret the whipple, it definately is a high quality blower :rockon:
Mad props for both, KB's and Whipples are sick either way.
KB:beer:Whipple

SRT-M4

Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
You will not regret the whipple, it definately is a high quality blower :rockon:
Mad props for both, KB's and Whipples are sick either way.
KB:beer:Whipple
Yes , Im sure that you can vouch for that!

Users who are viewing this thread