Established Member
03InThe11s said:
Turbo>3.3 whipple
nutkick.gif

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
jdhallissey said:
The cog Drive on a kb i have heard will screw it up.

how is that? if there is a pully that will bolt on to the KB, then what is the difference between using a blower tentioner pully? the idea is to NOT slip... so please explain

hitman#1

The Harbinger Of Doom...
Established Member
03InThe11s said:
Turbo>3.3 whipple

Sure about that, are you?
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255042&highlight=whipple+3.3

The car is an 03/04 car with a built motor. The guy has made a Whipple 3300AX blower on the car. It is basically a marine blower that they fabbed a lower and made it work. He rode in the car a few weeks ago and said it felt as fast as his 800rwhp turbo car. Well they had it dynoed today and the #'s showed. The car made 840rwhp and around 800rwtqwith no nitrous. They said that the car was only down 7rwhp@2000 RPM's compared to the old 2.4KB setup.

Looks like it can run with the turbo dogs to me. No to mention lower cost and not having to completely change everything around on the front end.

Turbo power, without having to get away from the essence of the car... > Changing everything from the intake to the front suspension to gain no power advantage... :p

Last edited:

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
hitman#1 said:
Sure about that, are you?

yup, im sure.

hitman#1 said:
Looks like it can run with the turbo dogs to me. No to mention lower cost and not having to completely change everything around on the front end.
Turbo power, without having to get away from the essence of the car... > Changing everything from the intake to the front suspension to gain no power advantage... :p

did you read the whole thing? sure, it might have felt as strong as his 800hp turbo car, but i'm betting his turbo car isnt running boost in the "high 20's" either.

you will make more power per lbs of boost with a turbo than even the most effecient twin screw. i never said it was easy to turbo a cobra. if i ever change the power adder on my '03, it will be to a twin screw. but, (edit- when properly matched to the engine and tuned correctly) turbos are more effecient, and make more power with less boost and wear on the engine, hands down. Now, im sure someones going to bring up the lack of power compared to a positive disp. blower down low, but, a good turbo system with a nicely sized turbo will spool at 2500 or better. so no dice there. and once its spooled, it leaves all the other power adders behind.

Last edited:

03InThe11s

Established Member
govworksux said:
Turbo = problems and driveability issues. Visit the Turbo Thread, you can read it for your self.

its not the turbo's fault that the tuner doesnt know what he's doing. you can read about the same drivability problems with twin screw cars. especialy when they were first becoming popular (when the gen II lightning and '03-'04 cobra first came out)

03InThe11s

Established Member
IamMike said:
that was for his comments...I want no part of a turbo :kaboom:

I want a KB or whipple:coolman:

well, i want a whipple too, but turbos are generaly superior to superchargers. they are more complicated, and are harder to install, but those are the only drawbacks.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
03InThe11s said:
well, i want a whipple too, but turbos are generaly superior to superchargers. they are more complicated, and are harder to install, but those are the only drawbacks.

What are you talking about?

Have you not been paying attention to what the Turbo guys are saying? The car isn't nearly as much fun w/the turbo. Several big posters on here w/turbo cars sold theirs. I'm too lazy to search right now but one guy said that the biggest mistake he made with his car was to go Turbo.

Go twin-screw and keep the fun factor or go Turbo and get your 800rwhp dyno numbers and sell it a few months later. I say Whipple.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
0mineralgrey3 went from Turbo's to Kenne Bell on his terminator.

Whipple and KB are good, I have had both and I would say I like the Kenne Bell because its loud and I think my car made better power with the KB. Could be different dyno's but, regardless, it feels a lot better.

Last edited:

03InThe11s

Established Member
93 347 Cobra said:
What are you talking about?

Have you not been paying attention to what the Turbo guys are saying? The car isn't nearly as much fun w/the turbo. Several big posters on here w/turbo cars sold theirs. I'm too lazy to search right now but one guy said that the biggest mistake he made with his car was to go Turbo.

Go twin-screw and keep the fun factor or go Turbo and get your 800rwhp dyno numbers and sell it a few months later. I say Whipple.

what am i talking about? the question is, what are you talking about? please tell me how they are less fun than a twin screw.

guys, im not talking about most fun. or the easiest. or whats best for your individual car what i am saying is that more power is made per lbs of boost, and they are more effecient. when you guys that just generaly like to disagree with me show some actual data (not what a "big poster" said) that is contrary to what i said, come back and say something. untill then, stop talking.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
03InThe11s said:
what am i talking about? the question is, what are you talking about? please tell me how they are less fun than a twin screw.

guys, im not talking about most fun. or the easiest. or whats best for your individual car what i am saying is that more power is made per lbs of boost, and they are more effecient. when you guys that just generaly like to disagree with me show some actual data (not what a "big poster" said) that is contrary to what i said, come back and say something. untill then, stop talking.

Hell yeah I agree with this guy, KB and whipple ftw :rockon:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
03InThe11s said:

Wasn't it PostBan who sold his Turbo Cobra shortly after putting on the Turbo?

He's not the only one either. Go to the Turbo forum and read. No one is disputing that Turbos make the most power just that they're not the most fun for a car you're gonna drive on the street.

Lastly, get your panties out of a wad. I didn't talk shit or call you names. Carry your ass over to the turbo forum. Turbos=superior track car but twin-screw= most fun on the street. :kaboom:

04blackSVT

Established Member
IamMike said:
I'd like to hear more from Whipple owners on the sound factor. I've been reading and reading and doing more reading on the different SC's out there, and have settled into a twin screw as the logical choice, at least for me. From what I gather reading different things about the KB and WP looking at dyno's the power and boost from them won't be noticeable. Esp for someone running a stock engine looking for more power w/o having to do up the internals ect. Even then it would seem as someone mentioned, according to dyno sheets I've seen, it's gonna take quite a bit to tilt anything in WP's direction, and w/ the new "H" from KB that may be a moot point.

Whipple is coming in more expensive of the 2, but from what I read you get better customer service plus less hassle w/ oil issues. KB's website is much better and more informative as far as numbers and dyno sheets. Crappy support in finding authorized installers.

Whipple's website is pretty sucky. Of course as I type this I was trying to get on their site and its not loading.....

neither is cheap, but both seem to be the superior blower to Paxton's and other diff types of blowers.

I'm really interested in how much different whipple's sound. I wish I could listen to a comparision. I can't get on whipple's site yet, but IIRC don't they offer a longer warranty than the 1 yr from KB? that is def food for thought as well.

As far as the "sound factor" it has a higher pitch whistle than an eaton. When driving slow through parking lots, school zones, I never forget I am running a whipple (even then it has a noticeable whistle). When accelerating, I can defenitely hear the blower over my exhaust. I am running Bassani X-pipe and Bassani Cat-back with baffles removed. Which is a pretty loud exhaust. It probably isn't as loud as a ported blower, it just makes a different sound.

As far as HP numbers, how much power do you want to make on a stock block? I run a 17lb pulley (3.0in) and I made 590rwhp/570tq and I was spinning on a mustang dyno. That has got to be close to 700hp at the flywheel. To compare it to a dynojet dyno, I would probably be in the low 600's.

A few cars on this site are running KB 2.6 and 2.8 owners are making 600 to 620 hp on 17 to 20 lbs of boost. Not all, but some. My point is the numbers are very close, seems like people are battling over 20-30 hp at most, on a stock block with stock cams.

Now if you want all out power with a built motor and a "blower" cam, then yes I would say the bigger KB units would probably net you more HP. But if your going that far why not go turbo.

Bottom line.....I think, they are really close. Both are quality made and put out power. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. What's going to matter in WHO tunes your car, and how aggressive you want to get with the timing. Good luck with yor decision.

I vote whipple.

Last edited:

03InThe11s

Established Member
93 347 Cobra said:
Lastly, get your panties out of a wad. I didn't talk shit or call you names. Carry your ass over to the turbo forum.

fu(k off, i never said anything with any aggression untill now. i was just correcting your incorrect statements. been to the "turbo forum" check out turbomustangs.com. if the only things you have heard about turbos have been problems, then you obviously havent heard much, or you have heard from someone that knows very very little.

and someone selling a turbo car means they are worthless?

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Ive Heard Some Kb Owners Say Wish Had Gone With Whip, Also Heard Some Whip Owners Wish They Had Gone With Kb, Is This A Case Of Grass Is Greener Or What?
New To Posting, Can A Poll Asking
1: All Whip Owners That Wish Had Gone With Kb
2: All Kb Owners Wish Gone With Whip
3; All Whip Owners Who Are Happy
4: All Kb Owners Who Are Happy
5:all Posers Like My Self Wish We Had Either One?
Any Way I Would Do If I Knew How To Ask A Poll, Thanks For Your Support,

Users who are viewing this thread