Kenne Bell 2.6 or Wipple 140ax?

Duran

Matador
Established Member
Same boat as you man. Sold the heaton already and will have the money tommorrow to buy the KB or Whipple. All my friends tell me to go KB 2.6L because they know I will be wondering what kind of performance the new KB would have given me.

Red Shift

2.6 + 4.6=GAWDAMN!!
Established Member
I just ordered my 2.6L today. I got tired of waiting for Godstang to order. I got it sans bap and chip unpolished with two pullies (18 & 20lb) and a frps limiter disc for $3505 shipped.

They told me that it would ship in 3-5days and then called me at the end of the day to say it was shipping today. I then calmly took the white out out to the parking lot and painted white targets on all of the cars I will victimize when it is installed.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
DSGTerminator said:
Same boat as you man. Sold the heaton already and will have the money tommorrow to buy the KB or Whipple. All my friends tell me to go KB 2.6L because they know I will be wondering what kind of performance the new KB would have given me.

I just bought my KB 2.6 yesterday... but I will not be putting it on until tomorrow....there is alot of shit in that box...and not to mention, I went to KB in Rancho Cucamunga, ca to pick mine up, and the box barely fit in my cobra...

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
Red Shift said:
I just ordered my 2.6L today. I got tired of waiting for Godstang to order. I got it sans bap and chip unpolished with two pullies (18 & 20lb) and a frps limiter disc for $3505 shipped.

They told me that it would ship in 3-5days and then called me at the end of the day to say it was shipping today. I then calmly took the white out out to the parking lot and painted white targets on all of the cars I will victimize when it is installed.

what is the FRPS limiter disc?

Red Shift

2.6 + 4.6=GAWDAMN!!
Established Member
visions4 said:
how much is the 2.6KB?

$3899 -$300 without the chip and -$250 without the BAP. Or vice versa. $3349 without the bells and whistles, that includes one pulley

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Quick question .... for the KB 2.6 vs the Whipple ... Did I read with the new KB styles that you can get to the injectors w/ the KB on? Is the Whipple the same or was there never this problem and I am thinking of something else?

Crowley

WDW MKR

Established Member
Crowley said:
Quick question .... for the KB 2.6 vs the Whipple ... Did I read with the new KB styles that you can get to the injectors w/ the KB on? Is the Whipple the same or was there never this problem and I am thinking of something else?

Crowley

Good question. I would also like to know the answer for when making this decision. I know the older KB presented serious fuel injector and rail access issues. Seems to me that the Whipple was the same, but I don't know for sure.

Cobalt S/C

Established Member
This is a somewhat relative question, but are those of you with the twin screw on the Terminator changing out the stock Heat Exchanger and are you having any issues with heat soak because of the internal compression of the s/c always creating heat?

James@KB

Established Member
Crowley said:

Crowley

We never really tried to get them out without taking the blower off when we installed the new blower on the vehicle. There is more room to work with because of the spacer between the adapter plate and compressor. Our customers are saying it is definately a lot easier to work with because of the added space but I don't believe you can pull out the injectors without taking the blower off.

Thank you,
James

Users who are viewing this thread