K&N vs. Green Filter

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I haven't used a Green Filter, but of all the ones I have used Airaid is still my pick. I'll have to look into Green Filter more in the future.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Honestly, the quality looks very good. I may consider them to replace my K&Ns on the turbo car.

As for air boxes that have factory sized air filters, I just stick with paper.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've heard of them but never used one. Definitely worth trying after I browsed their site and product line.

Here's their filter for the '03-'04 Cobra
2002_v1_1000.jpg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Hugely popular mod for the ecoboost guys.

I personally went for the cobb though, it was blue and I believe made by the same company. Seemed fine.

blk02edge

Established Member
Got one in our ST, I would be hard pressed to believe its better than K&N or worse. Do the same thing

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The biggest difference I’ve noted from most filter brands has been the rubber quality. Some of the lesser ones will start to deteriorate in a hot engine bay.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

52merc

Established Member
Red, blue, green, what difference does it really make? If you go to places like Detroit Diesel or Cummins, all the engines in their test cells use cotton/wire/oil air filters. I've run many a mile with K&Ns and never had an engine problem.

LightningLou

Established Member
I just switched to the AEM dryflows myself. Made by K&N, but don’t require oil, so they are MAF friendly and the filter media looks much improved. Been running one on the Focus ST and Lightning for a few months now. I have heard a lot of people complain about the Green filters falling apart, or disintegrating after less than a year or so which is why I went with the AEM. So far no complaints here.

vortecd

Established Member
The Green filters are made differently, they are woven. I have one on my Daytona

GodStang

Established Member
K&N to me is the Flowmaster of Air filters. Were great 20 years ago but people still proudly post their stickers everywhere and when they list their mods it is at the top...

I am a S&B fan myself.

mld54

Established Member
I ran a green filter and had a problem. Where the ends of the pleated filter material were put together it came apart. They used a strip of very soft aluminum to crimp the ends together. Nothing came off the filter, the ends of the material came out of the folded aluminum holding it together. I replaced it with a K&N.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Red, blue, green, what difference does it really make? If you go to places like Detroit Diesel or Cummins, all the engines in their test cells use cotton/wire/oil air filters. I've run many a mile with K&Ns and never had an engine problem.

The only issue I've seen with oiled filters is in very dusty environments. In that situation you really want something like a Donaldson filter.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
AEM dry flow in my Colorado.
K&N in my Fiesta ST.
K&N in my wife's Edge Sport.

Had K&N's on the following cars also:
Elantra, Lightning, Typhoon, Explorer, another Explorer and a Grand Cherokee.

The K&N's always fit great and last the life of the vehicle.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I changed from the airaid that came on my ctsv kit to the green replacement. It is larger than what came with the kit and a major pita to install. I didn’t notice any performance difference

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread