Just one reason why I haven't logged into Facebook for weeks....

01yellercobra

Established Member
I never joined Facebook and listening to my friends I'm glad I didn't.

The thing is that stupidity isn't just online. I was at a meet a couple weeks ago and someone called a GT500 a Cobra. I corrected them and continued walking to my car. They were totally confused.

I think the one I like the best is when I killed a GT350 owner's ego. A local show used to have a spot just for the Cobras. We got crap for it, but it was still the most visited spot in the show. He tried to say if he was going to that show he'd be parked there. I said he wouldn't and his argument was that he has a snake on his car. I said that's true, but it's not a Cobra. I think he almost cried.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just joined a whiskey club at our local restaurant. When the manager was giving me all the deets, he explained that updates and specials would be posted on their FB page. I told him I never have and never will have an FB account. He laughs and says the 19 other members said the exact same thing but the owner thinks FB is the way to go. lol. So, for now, they are sending updates via e-mail. I'm such a boomer. lol

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I haven’t had social media since I deleted my MySpace in 2011 ish. I do have a YouTube account if that even counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Don't have, never will.

I'm with you Brad. Never had Facebook and never will. Never needed it and anyone I want contacting me or looking me up already has my contact information LOL....

I never joined Facebook and listening to my friends I'm glad I didn't.

The thing is that stupidity isn't just online. I was at a meet a couple weeks ago and someone called a GT500 a Cobra. I corrected them and continued walking to my car. They were totally confused.

That is true Bob. The difference is douchebags like the guy in Brady's original post would never have the balls to call someone retarded to their face at a car meet. Bunch of damn cowardice keyboard commandos.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
I’ve never had Facebook and never been on any social media except a few car forums. I don’t think I’m missing anything, it’s just a race to the bottom with that crap.

LS WUT

Established Member
I had some guy tell me that the Cobra I was selling was no longer a Cobra because it was SRA swapped. He said the VIN doesn’t matter that once the IRS was gone it was no longer a certified Cobra.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Boom roasted. I’ll purchase your non cobra with a SRA to stick it outside my shithole house. Lmfaoo

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I haven't been on Facebook for a few weeks now. Social media has all walks of life. I tried sticking to some car pages but it's full of stupid.

You can't even post something for sale without people busting your balls and sending you dumb comments on messenger.

I had a buddy message me the other day about this comment. I told him that's why I haven't been on Facebook for weeks.

And honestly, I'm trying to get rid of it completely. Generally I seem more happy without it.
b296a507859bb8ad0a0d3a3dc906f356.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Facebook is cancer. The only reason I have it it to use Marketplace. Its hard to sell parts without it.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Was thinking the same thing this morning.
I've been on FB for 15 years and never had a problem with anything.
I chuckle when members here say they aren't on social media but post here.

Totally different beast and also depends how you use it.

VegasMichael

Established Member
That’s because FB bans anyone that disagrees with anything they promote.

We’re lucky it hasn’t reached SVTP.
What does FB promote? Whatever it is it hasn't reached me. Maybe it's like an earlier poster said: Depends how you use it.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
What does FB promote? Whatever it is it hasn't reached me. Maybe it's like an earlier poster said: Depends how you use it.

Absolutely nothing.

It is the most fair and balanced social media platform ther… wait a second….

VegasMichael

Established Member
Absolutely nothing.

It is the most fair and balanced social media platform ther… wait a second….

That, whether true or not, had no influence on me. Nor did I ever see it until now.
That rag paper was founded by a religious crackpot.

Users who are viewing this thread