Just one reason why I haven't logged into Facebook for weeks....

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
That, whether true or not, had no influence on me. Nor did I ever see it until now.
That rag paper was founded by a religious crackpot.
You only see what Zuckie Wants you to see. thats the point.

FB is RACIALLY Left Leaning. There is no doubt about this. Im shocked youre not aware of it....

VegasMichael

Established Member
You only see what Zuckie Wants you to see. thats the point.

FB is RACIALLY Left Leaning. There is no doubt about this. Im shocked youre not aware of it....
I completely agree. But it has no influence on me because I don't follow any feeds or groups that lean that way. That was my point about how you use FB. People love to trash it but if you tailor it to your beliefs and needs and interests it is not that evil.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
if you tailor it to your beliefs and needs and interests it is not that evil.
You don't seem to understand how FB algorithms work. You're not going to be exposed to certain news articles if FB shadowbans them.

FB can be useful, as I stated myself. But it tracks EVERYTHING you do. EVERYTHING you say... It is NOT your friend. Its about collecting data on you and advertising to you.

I follow mustang groups, HP tuners, PBD, VMP etc. I use it to sell parts and keep up on certain events in the automotive community.

Lets circle back to this when the 2024 election kicks off and see how you feel about it.

VegasMichael

Established Member
You don't seem to understand how FB algorithms work. You're not going to be exposed to certain news articles if FB shadowbans them.

FB can be useful, as I stated myself. But it tracks EVERYTHING you do. EVERYTHING you say... It is NOT your friend. Its about collecting data on you and advertising to you.

I follow mustang groups, HP tuners, PBD, VMP etc. I use it to sell parts and keep up on certain events in the automotive community.

Lets circle back to this when the 2024 election kicks off and see how you feel about it.
It doesn't matter if FB doesn't expose me to certain news because FB is not my only source of news.

I don't care if FB tracks everything I do. I lead a fairly ho hum life. We are tracked by other sources as well whether via the internet, cell phones, financial transactions, cameras all over town, etc.

Not sure what your reference is inre the elections.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was on FB for about a year and quit around 2019.
Deleted IG as well.
Don't use YouTube much at all.
No TicTok or anything like it.
There are so many other sources to get "News" from.
Yes, that means I don't even watch the local propaganda...I mean "news".
I use my cell phone for phone calls and about 20 or so text messages a month. Other than the camera feature, 95+% of the cell phones features remain unused. In my opinion, the cell phone is for my convenience, not yours. So, no voice mail.
Which for some of you is probably incomprehensible. But I grew up without cell phones or internet and managed to get by just fine without all that crap.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

^this.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
This is why everyone who posts here should post a “#bringitbacktotheforums”…. on any Fakebook page.

Fakebook is garbage that spawns garbage. I can’t stand the fact that many die hard automotive enthusiasts have abandoned many GREAT online auto forums for that shit platform. The forums is where it's at, the forums contain A TON of excellent tech … that is searchable for EONS…. And has a lot of great folks who are helpful and who do offer detailed DIY’s, lots of hands on info, etc.

Once tech is posted to a Fakebook “group”, it’s eventually scrolled off the page and is gone forever.

I used to just hit up certain XYZ automotive Fakebook sites just to read the content …. But now all those FKBK Group owners have made their pages “private” so you can’t even read anything, OR if you can, within 5 mins of scrolling to read, you get blocked for not having a FKBK account.

I’ve never had a FKBK account just for all the reasons many have listed in this very thread.

It’s people who never could gain attention in High School, but are keyboard super warriors in a free for all environment filled with BS that even FKBK can’t control…

#bringitbacktotheforums

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It doesn't matter if FB doesn't expose me to certain news because FB is not my only source of news.

I don't care if FB tracks everything I do. I lead a fairly ho hum life. We are tracked by other sources as well whether via the internet, cell phones, financial transactions, cameras all over town, etc.

Not sure what your reference is inre the elections.
You SHOULD care! Just sayin!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm just here to see if people posted they don't have facebook.

Also the same stuff happens on forums and other social media.
Not nearly as much. I don't see all the price badging on forums like Facebook. It's not even a comparison.

Facebook makes it easier for scammers, creepers, and even worse individual's. It's scary really. Especially for those young or just dumb people.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

VegasMichael

Established Member
You SHOULD care! Just sayin!
So when I clicked "like" on my mom's post about her and dad relaxing by the pool and FB tracked that I should care?

When I read an article from the Philadelphia Inquirer and FB tracked me I should be worried for what reason?

I posted a comment about a movie I recently saw and FB tracked it and I should care because why?

I made comments on FB about the NBA and NHL and FB saw it and I should be petrified for what reason?

Users who are viewing this thread