Jessica Barton Supra Stolen

REPCobra10

Established Member
as for parting out and being a well known car, im sure there are plenty of shady supra owners who would love to get their hands on those parts and would keep their mouth shut.

This! I don't think that she'll ever hear anything about it again...:(

Granelli31

Established Member
Luxury cars market - common but illegal practice? - China Watch - Chinadaily Forum

he price of luxury cars in China are almost triple their retail price overseas because of multiple taxes, tariffs and an imbalance in demand and supply. However, the demand has not been affected by the high price.

Let's take an exemple to understand the process of the price increase:

In the United States, the price of, let's say, a BMW X3 35i ... is around US$ 45,000 (RMB 283,000), but in order to sell the car in China, it will has to include a 25% tariff, 17% value-added tax and 25%-40% sales tax plus 10,000 yuan (US$1.580) in transportation costs. By the time the car reaches China, the price has already reached 535,000 yuan (US$ 85,000).

The final price of the car will be even more than this since the dealer and its distributor will also look for a margin. The car thus eventually sells for 700,000 yuan (US$ 111,150), yet the local buyer still needs to pay 8% vehicle purchase tax.
But the worst is coming:
On average, buyers need to wait at least six months to one year before they can get their hands on the cars they buy.
The long wait drives up the profits for dealers who use the lack of stock as an excuse to arbitrary raise the price by 5 to 10% !!! So the final price is actualy far higher than the price displayed and advertized.
Is this last increase legal?
This practice concerns many luxury brands including Daimler, Audi, BMW, Land Rover.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
yes, many of the stolen cars my gf siezes are/were on their way to china and vietnam. almost all are usually brand new luxury vehicles. usually from scam rings that scam dealerships across the country.

chinese customs will usually even cooperate and send the containers back when requested by US customs. shocking i know. but once theyre offloaded from the ship, fughetaboutit. theyre gone!

REPCobra10

Established Member
Luxury cars market - common but illegal practice? - China Watch - Chinadaily Forum

he price of luxury cars in China are almost triple their retail price overseas because of multiple taxes, tariffs and an imbalance in demand and supply. However, the demand has not been affected by the high price.

Let's take an exemple to understand the process of the price increase:

In the United States, the price of, let's say, a BMW X3 35i ... is around US$ 45,000 (RMB 283,000), but in order to sell the car in China, it will has to include a 25% tariff, 17% value-added tax and 25%-40% sales tax plus 10,000 yuan (US$1.580) in transportation costs. By the time the car reaches China, the price has already reached 535,000 yuan (US$ 85,000).

The final price of the car will be even more than this since the dealer and its distributor will also look for a margin. The car thus eventually sells for 700,000 yuan (US$ 111,150), yet the local buyer still needs to pay 8% vehicle purchase tax.
But the worst is coming:
On average, buyers need to wait at least six months to one year before they can get their hands on the cars they buy.
The long wait drives up the profits for dealers who use the lack of stock as an excuse to arbitrary raise the price by 5 to 10% !!! So the final price is actualy far higher than the price displayed and advertized.
Is this last increase legal?
This practice concerns many luxury brands including Daimler, Audi, BMW, Land Rover.

That's interesting and crazy at the same time...:eek: Wow!

Kevins89notch

Established Member
you could be right, but it doesnt seem to be the kind of car that you really drive around in.

While I know she actually races her car, I know of a couple people who have built high HP cars, and don't really take them to the strip. They don't want to risk breaking, or scratching their pretty paint, so the most the car see's is a 3rd gear pull merging onto the highway. People like that enjoy taking their nice car out to dinner or on a late night cruise.

I have a confession it was me I'm holding the car hostage for newds.

You want nudes? Is your google broken?

That's interesting and crazy at the same time...:eek: Wow!

Look up the Koenigsegg that got impounded by China. Dude tried sneaking in a million dollar car to skip the million in taxes. I think now it will cost him something like 2 million in fines if he wants the car. :lol:

edit, more exact numbers and the story: http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/15/one-off-koenigsegg-agera-r-blt-seized-by-chinese-customs/

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
99% of the rigs stolen in the last year have come out of Florida, I quarantee more than a few were insurance scams, not saying this one was....

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Apparently the block was cracked.....

Blah, I'm not buying it. I don't know her or Darin one bit, but I really don't think either of them would be dumb enough to risk such a serious crime. They are both semi-successful in their own rights, and such a charge would ruin them.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Apparently the block was cracked.....

The+Plot+Thickens+sml.jpg

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Jessica responding to talk of insurance fraud:

Jessica Barton's Supra was STOLEN!!!

Why the **** do people ever say this. I would never want to go through the 8 years of sweat and money that I had to go to In order to get this car to we're it is right now. The thing is amazing and just ran its fastest 1/8th and 1/4 last Sunday. We were finally getting it dialed in. We broke something on Sunday and towed it to out house until darin had room to get it in the shop. Unfortunately someone got to it before we could do anything about it. We honestly didn't think in a million years anyone would take my supra. It just seems like too many custom one off parts and hard to sell. I would know my cars parts from a million miles away. If someone that has always run a microtech or haltech, then all of a sudden has a motec, well red flag, Tiltons u can't even buy any more so if someone has one for sale out of nowhere and they didn't even have one or their car. Another red flag. The 88/91 turbo, only a few have been sold and I can see where. If an extra one pops up, we'll its mine. I had custome Penske suspension and I don't think any other street supra has that.

coposrv

Established Member
I really doubt the both of them would try to scam the insurance co. It was probably stolen by an idiot who didn't know how well known the car is. It would seem to me that selling the car would net a higher return than an insurance co paying out for it. My own truck was stolen and recovered damaged the following day and it still took 4 months to get it fixed and back to me. Anyone who thinks you can report a car stolen and get a payout in any reasonable time frame is misinformed.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Jessica responding to talk of insurance fraud:

Jessica Barton's Supra was STOLEN!!!

Why the **** do people ever say this. I would never want to go through the 8 years of sweat and money that I had to go to In order to get this car to we're it is right now. The thing is amazing and just ran its fastest 1/8th and 1/4 last Sunday. We were finally getting it dialed in. We broke something on Sunday and towed it to out house until darin had room to get it in the shop. Unfortunately someone got to it before we could do anything about it. We honestly didn't think in a million years anyone would take my supra. It just seems like too many custom one off parts and hard to sell. I would know my cars parts from a million miles away. If someone that has always run a microtech or haltech, then all of a sudden has a motec, well red flag, Tiltons u can't even buy any more so if someone has one for sale out of nowhere and they didn't even have one or their car. Another red flag. The 88/91 turbo, only a few have been sold and I can see where. If an extra one pops up, we'll its mine. I had custome Penske suspension and I don't think any other street supra has that.

This above appears as if it was posted by a dumb blonde bimbo..... oh... wait.. nevermind... :banana:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Blah, I'm not buying it. I don't know her or Darin one bit, but I really don't think either of them would be dumb enough to risk such a serious crime. They are both semi-successful in their own rights, and such a charge would ruin them.

She still a waitress at Dancers?

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
I herd there was a 5k reward thats not going raise anyone eyebrows for a supposab 100"s of thousands ina car car that has in her own words many one off parts... at least 10k-15k reward should be offered to even get someone to think twice and at that price sounds like she would be getting a bargain back....

LOL SUPRA FORUMS ARE RIPPING HER.. ( smelling the seat is one a the best quotes ) some people over there think she deserves this she must have done some stuff or said some stuff cause half her own supra community are laughing right now.....

FROM HER.
Wow what a bunch of disrespectful ****s in here! Have a little respect for what I'm going through. It took every penny I made and 8 years to get that car to what it was. At this point I don't have the money to ever build another one, ever. Insurance will maybe give me , what $20k if I'm lucky? I've spent hundreds of thousands on this thing I would think. It's a huge devastating loss. Sure you look back and wish u did something different so it would still be here. We didn't have room at the shop and needed to get rid of a car or two before we could put mine in there so we could lock it up. It had been outside my house for just a few days before this happened. We never though there would be much interest in a car like mine to a thief, obvious
Y we were wrong. I've driven around my neighborhood all day. Staked out all the shady shops, went walked in and spoke with tons of people and posted up pics of the car everywhere. I'm doing all I can to get my car back because its really my only chance to have a car like this. Otherwise, I think I'm screwed

PERSONALLY I dont understand this mayby ALLSTATE is just good to me or I am not cheap I have certain cars I own
insured for certain amount and YES I pay for that. No I dont have 100"s a thousands into a car but there would be no way in hell THAT car would only be insured for $20k... I thought she or her BF would be smarter then that. at this point she made need to call S.W for a loan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread