I've been RIPPED OFF! Don't you be fooled too!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Instead of stealing the idea, why doesn't he just buy from Ray and sell his??
Actually they discussed it before any of this happened but Mark would not settle on an even remotely fair wholesale price. Only a lowball offer that completely cut out any profit for Ray and allowed him to mark the overlays up 3000%... no BS. I'm sure Ray will chime in with more details.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Actually they discussed it before any of this happened but Mark would not settle on an even remotely fair wholesale price. Only a lowball offer that completely cut out any profit for Ray and allowed him to mark the overlays up 3000%... no BS. I'm sure Ray will chime in with more details.
dang, that is a shame. i guess that shows why LFP went with the world's cheapest/crapiest knock off...

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Instead of stealing the idea, why doesn't he just buy from Ray and sell his??

That is a hell of a good question. Keep reading for the answer.
Ray H.

Joel is correct. Sometime after the Overlays were out on the market and people were starting to buy them I was approached by Mark at LFP and others who wanted me to sell to them at a wholesale price.

I offered every vendor the same fair wholesale deal. They all gladly accepted. I have sold the Overlays at wholesale to Billetflow, Detroit Speed, Late model Mustang Restoration and my latest vendor Lethal Performance. They have all been great to deal with to date.

Out of all of them the only one who would not accept my terms was LFP. Mark offered me a few dollars each and then intended to sell at the retail price of $29.95. I knew I would have been severely taken advantage of if I had agreed to that deal, so I passed. If I had gone with his offer he would have been making SEVERAL TIMES what I was making on each overlay.

Little did I realize at that time what he was planning to do if I refused his offer. As you can see he decided to just "take" was is not his. This is the whole root of my complaint from the beginning. Unfortunately everyone who buys an overlay from LFP gets taken right along with me because they are not getting the product they see on LFP's web site when they order.

Fortunately SVTP has allowed me to warn those who would otherwise be taken advantage of, had they not read this thread. Travis and SVTP have, in my opinion, shown they have the best interest of the SVT and Cobra community at heart. I applaud them for that.

Ray H.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for that update Ray. The good guy will win the battle in this case.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Not sure if LFP is a vendor here but it's great to see a board looking out for its members instead of its vendors. :beer:Vendors should take care of their business and their name. Hate greedy forums who care less about the members and more about the monetary agreement between them and the vendor. :loser:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Not sure if LFP is a vendor here but it's great to see a board looking out for its members instead of its vendors. :beer:Vendors should take care of their business and their name. Hate greedy forums who care less about the members and more about the monetary agreement between them and the vendor. :loser:

if you had been following the thread from the go, you would know that LFP at one time WAS a vendor on this site. once all of this B.S. started taking place, SVTP removed LFP from vendor status.

LFP...not for me...or for SVTP!

:beer:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
if you had been following the thread from the go, you would know that LFP at one time WAS a vendor on this site. once all of this B.S. started taking place, SVTP removed LFP from vendor status.

LFP...not for me...or for SVTP!

:beer:

Hey thanks for the insight Captain Obvious:beer: I catch what little I can being deployed to the Middle East:bored:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
no problem...captain obvious here to answer your obvious question, that you obviously had no clue what the answer was. (or you wouldnt have asked)

Last edited:

rkomo

Herro, Mr. Itabashi here
Established Member
Wow pretty scummy on their part; shame on LFP. Too bad; I've dropped pretty good money there & always thought they were decent...

recalcitrant

Established Member
Unfortunately to patent a product there has to be some kind of unique technology involved... a good idea is not enough. LFP has done nothing wrong other than using Ray's pics to represent their product :nonono: But there is nothing stopping a competitor from copying (or attempting to copy) your products.

Ultimately you guys decide whose products succeed by purchasing them ;-)

For a patent the boldface above is true. That's why there is this thing called copyright. Used for ideas, art, movies, etc. Hopefully he has one.:beer:

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
For a patent the boldface above is true. That's why there is this thing called copyright. Used for ideas, art, movies, etc. Hopefully he has one.:beer:

Copyright has been applied for. Unfortunatley even with a copyright you still have to pony up 4 or 5 large to go to court over it. Then if after all that it has to be collectable. Now throw in an intersate issue and it further complicates the matter. I have discussed this with two attorneys and another legal advisor.

Once more for a Monday morning, ...........TTT

Thanks for the bump guys. And a good Monday to you all as well.

Ray H.

Boostin03

I live the Viking Song
Established Member
I ordered my Boost Overlay from Ray and it's awesome. LFP should MAN UP and give Ray an apology. The very damn least they should do.

Karma is a bitch...

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
This isnt the 1st time LFP has ripped a design off.

Anyone remember PFAB? They were the originator of the original larger intercooler tanks that went in the stock locations.....that battle went on for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread