I've been RIPPED OFF! Don't you be fooled too!

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This seems to be there typical MO history. I'm glad they've been called out on it. Still no response from them in any way. I'm sure they never thought their indisgression would become this well publicized.

Ray H.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Hopefully this goes beyond this board and effects there sales and then they will finally realize what they did was wrong. Problem is do they care. At least this thread is letting people know who came up with the original boost overlay and directing them to the right place to get it. This is a very good thing for the new members that might not know what is going on.

JymBart

Established Member
At Last!

14.500+ views, ........ The "Sticky Status" is impressive. I applaud the decision!

JymBart

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Here's a new development to the story. Dana gave me the word that Eric, the owner of the Mod Fords site, was interested in hearing what's been going on with LFP. I just emailed him the link to this post.
I will let you know what his response is.

Ray H.

turbosaleen347

Established Member
OK so here it goes.
A month or two ago I was contacted by a member of the SVT performance community who had purchased a Lightning Boost overlay from Lightning Force Performance. He naturally thought it was one of mine. As most of you know I am the originator of the Boost Overlay for ‘03/’04 Cobras and Lightnings and have been selling them for years. Unfortunately this gentleman thought LFP was an authorized vendor of mine. I assured him they are not! He proceeded to explain that it was not functioning properly. After his explanation as to what was wrong with the overlay I suspected that LFP had copied (but not very well obviously) my Boost Overlay design. I pm’ed LFP to inquire but got no response.

Some time after that I went to the LFP site and saw that they had copied pictures of my overlays directly from my site and were representing and selling them as their own. You can go to their site and see the pictures are of my products “lifted” from my site.

I decided to order one of the LFP Cobra boost overlays just to see what they were doing. Come to find out they are charging their customers a $13 shipping fee just to send them the overlay. This brings the total cost of their overlay to over $38 dollars. Mine are still being sold for $29.95, which includes the mailing cost.

Well, it arrived today. They have a completely inferior product that is mass-produced and the thing that really stood out to me (I’m a professional graphic designer) is the font (type style) used in the numerals doesn't even match the font in the rest of the Ford gauges. Mine are hand silk screened individually and hand cut before shipping. I physically craft every single one before I mail it. I took great pains to match the correct font when I designed and developed the original Hilton Boost Overlay over 6 years ago. LFP’s looks like a grade school project.

LFP has also taken my printed instructions and just copied the installation and calibration pictures and put in their own text and slapped a LFP logo on it and are calling it theirs. One of the pictures even features my own thumb and fingers in it.

LFP has totally misrepresented their product particularly when you look at their site and see pictures of my Hilton Boost Overlays and then receive theirs instead. This is not only very unethical but the customers (you guys) who are fooled into buying this inferior product think you are getting the genuine article as is implied by my pictures that they have copied without my permission and are using on their site.

The majority of the people getting suckered are no doubt SVT Performance members thinking that LFP is carrying my Hilton Overlays and that they will be getting the original Hilton Boost Overlay. But they are instead getting an inferior product and actually paying a lot more for it than the genuine article. That really sucks in so many ways!

It’s unfortunate that I have to bring this to your attention but I thought you guys would want to know what’s been going on.
There are at least a couple thousand of you out there with my product installed on your Lightnings and Cobras. This is as much an insult to you as it is a rip off to me!

I do have a few select authorized vendors proudly selling my product with my retail packaging and they are:

American Tool (Billetflow)
Detroit Speed
Late Model Mustang Restoration Supply
And the newest authorized vendor Lethal Performance

Thanks for letting me vent a little. When someone steals your baby you tend get a bit pissed off.

Ray Hilton
Hilton Graphics
The original Boost Overlay inventor and producer

I have one of your overlays best money I spent on the car:banana::bowdown:..next would have to be the shifter gaskets :rockon:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
LFP ripped someone else off?:dw:

But oh how could that be? :rollseyes

I wrote that guy off YEARS ago and should have wrote him off sooner along with some other vendors....Can't understand why people still buy from someone who is so dishonest.:nono:

I wonder who that was !!! :cuss: :mj:

I guess the truth always comes out... Over, and over again...

NO LFP FOR ME !!!

I am still owed money 6+ years after a defective part was returned to LFP for a refund (which he promised would be done!)... Karma is a bitch !!!

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Ray;
You a Graphic Designer and Me a Photog both have to protect our work and lucky for us the law is on our side. :)

Someone using your photos can carry up to a 150k fine per photo and case used for copyright violations. No less than $750 and no more than $30,000 or up to $150k if so deemed by a Judge.

Stick em' with that if nothing else, infact I think they would puke in their StarBucks if they found out you were taking them down for Copyright violation.

Make screenshots, save the html, get a 3rd party official to view and save the site with your photo used and see if any of the metadata is still intact in the photo to prove that it was taken with your camera equipment.

If you have not yet sent out for a copyright of your photos you can still do so.

Here is some info about copyrights.

U.S. Copyright Office - Copyright Law: Chapter 5

Godspeed.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I appreciate the advice and the link. I have already been checking into this already. Its nice to hear from a fellow creative person who has researched this subject. I'll keep you posted on how this whole thing plays out. LFP has not heard the last from me yet.

Ray H.

D3RACING

Established Member
F%#* LFP!!! You have my support!!! I was going to buy an intercooler tank from them. I know its not much, but they lost this sale. After reading this post and hearing not only your story but others, I will never buy from them. It's one thing to rip off someone's idea, but to then make it the cheapest piece of shit ever... thats another! Plus to then have the balls to charge $13.00 for shipping!! WTF!!! Thank you Ray and thank you SVTP for this post! Keep it going.

FordFreak

Established Member
OMFG.... I just read this whole thread for the first time. I can not stop smiling at this thread. lol I mean not at the fact that LFP ripped Hilton, but that LFP finally got his and got the boot.
:beer:
I hear LFP is working on copying another product too right now. :nono:
Lil C*** sucker :fm:

Last edited:

svtdriven

Established Member
I just recently came across LFP, but hadn't bought anything from them yet. Now I won't, for the same reason I won't buy UPR products.

I'm glad that I came across this thread.

95PGTTech

Established Member
I just recently came across LFP, but hadn't bought anything from them yet. Now I won't, for the same reason I won't buy UPR products.

I'm glad that I came across this thread.

Add Granatelli to that list. They sit on MM's website every day and copy/paste and when a new product comes out, buy it up, ship it to their 5 year olds in China, and sell it for less. Then when you have an issue, they give you MM's phone number for help.

bumpety

mdrc347

Established Member
Does anyone know what is happening with this by now? This is like a good book. I just read all 14 pages and now want to know how it ends. Keep posting.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Unfortunately the "final chapter" has yet to be written. Despite my communications to LFP, which have still gone unanswered, they don't seem too concerned about making this right.
As you read, they have been booted from this site and have raised a few eyebrows for their shady dealings on other sites as well.
I never would have guessed that LFP's unethical actions would have raised such overwhelming support for my plight. However I'm extreamely grateful for everyone of the 18,000+ views and hundreds of comments this thread has generated.
I have not given up yet, nor will I, until Mark removes MY pictures from his site and his instructions which he continues to use without my consent.
Thanks everyone for your comments and your continued interest in this situation.

Ray Hilton, The originator of the Hilton Boost Overlay.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Im sorry to hear of this , I ordered one from you long time ago but never installed it. I am going to convert my cobra to e85 by the end of the year so i will be needing one that reads higher boost levels 25 psi . I think ill be throwing 20 to 21 psi at it on the e85.:rockon: I still have the envelope you sent it in. jan 15, 2008 it was post marked. It is undamaged and i still have the instructions do you think i can trade it for the 03/04 cobra 25psi one? Even if i have to pay a bit extra. I can send the original envelope with it to prove it is yours, Please let me know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread