I've been RIPPED OFF! Don't you be fooled too!

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
No thanks Ray already purchased one thru you and the shifter gasket. Posting here or calling me' 03yeller is not going to help your cause. It been over 8 months. So what are you going to do about it?

Gee, I kinda liked the name '03yeller. Seriously though, I'm not really sure what your motivation is here man. You need to read my post again, maybe slower this time, as I thought I made it quite clear what I'm "doing about it".

As far as the 8 months goes, maybe you can call the copyright office for me and see what the hold up is. I'm told once it's in their hands it can take anywhere from 6 months to a year to receive a full copyright. Until I receive a copyright there's not a lot that can be done unfortunately.

Now, If you have some intelligent, constructive suggestions then by all means please let me know. I'd be happy to consider them.

I don't intend to get in a pissing match with you over your comments here '03yellow, (there, I got it right that time), even though I find them mildly amusing. That would detract from the initial intent of starting this thread in the first place.

I don't want to make an enemy of you either. I appreciate all my customers. Even the ones who trivialize my product and my "cause".

Does that clear things up for you a little better?

Ray H.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey '03yeller, after I posted my last reply, just out of curiosity, I looked to see where you were from. Is it just by chance that you and LFP are in the same state?
It wouldn't be the first time ole Mark has asked a follower of his to come in here and try to cause trouble. They always end up sounding like complete fools too. It's pretty funny actually.

Ray H.

03yellow

Established Member
I live in Sherman Tx. Just north of Dallas. Think LPF is in Houston. I have purchased injectors from them, but have never talked to Mark.
I'm pretty strait forward. If I have a problem with someone I'll come right out and say it. If Mark came to me and asked me to post; I would tell him to take it up with you or settle it in court.
Hey '03yeller, after I posted my last reply, just out of curiosity, I looked to see where you were from. Is it just by chance that you and LFP are in the same state?
It wouldn't be the first time ole Mark has asked a follower of his to come in here and try to cause trouble. They always end up sounding like complete fools too. It's pretty funny actually.

Ray H.

Last edited:

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The problem I was having with you 03yellow, was being called a "whiner" and having my product called a "10 cent sticker". I take offense to both of those statements as would anyone else who has been objecting to the illegal practices of LFP or who has purchased a Boost Overlay from me.

If you have been following this thread for very long you would understand that this issue goes far beyond what you seemed to be attempting to trivialize by your remarks in your first post.

Do you understand where I'm coming from 03yellow?

Ray H.

03yellow

Established Member
Sorry about the 10 cent sticker and whiner comment.

What has LFP done that is illegal?

The problem I was having with you 03yellow, was being called a "whiner" and having my product called a "10 cent sticker". I take offense to both of those statements as would anyone else who has been objecting to the illegal practices of LFP or who has purchased a Boost Overlay from me.

If you have been following this thread for very long you would understand that this issue goes far beyond what you seemed to be attempting to trivialize by your remarks in your first post.

Do you understand where I'm coming from 03yellow?

Ray H.

Last edited:

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Apology accepted.
Now, please read the thread and you will understand what I'm saying about LFP's shady practices in greater detail.
I don't want to rehash the whole story again. It's all there. If you don't get what I'm saying after you read the thread I will explain further. Fair enough?

Ray H.

03yellow

Established Member
Read all the threads again. What did LFP do that was illegal?

Apology accepted.
Now, please read the thread and you will understand what I'm saying about LFP's shady practices in greater detail.
I don't want to rehash the whole story again. It's all there. If you don't get what I'm saying after you read the thread I will explain further. Fair enough?

Ray H.

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
well....illegal at this point...nothing, but immoral is more of the word. Ray did all the work, designed something, but when it came time to distribute his product, they didnt offer him shit for it, so instead of being a dealer for him, they stole his idea, had a cheap chinese company copy it, and then used his photos and instructions and sell their cheap imitation. They have done the same thing to several companies!!! Like METCO!!! They are ****ing scam artists!!! I ordered one thing from them, and will not EVER buy from them again!!!

That is pretty much it in a nutshell!!

03yellow

Established Member
So they found a product without a patient and made a copy and are selling Ir on their site.(I've been told to take it slow).
So nothing illegal but not very ethical.

My legal point:
LFP has not done anything illegal
LFP will copy a non-patient product.
Ray made a mistake in not patenting his product.
LFP has a good (public written forum) case for a Slander suit.

My personal feelings point:
LFP Sucks

My last point:
My personal feelings don't mean squat in bussines.
well....illegal at this point...nothing, but immoral is more of the word. Ray did all the work, designed something, but when it came time to distribute his product, they didnt offer him shit for it, so instead of being a dealer for him, they stole his idea, had a cheap chinese company copy it, and then used his photos and instructions and sell their cheap imitation. They have done the same thing to several companies!!! Like METCO!!! They are ****ing scam artists!!! I ordered one thing from them, and will not EVER buy from them again!!!

That is pretty much it in a nutshell!!

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Nobody got ripped off..

Even if you disregard those who purchased the overlay copies, there are plenty of others who were ripped off by LFP (in various ways) over the 8 years that I've been around here! :nonono:

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
no doubt,,, i took "ripped off" off!!! LOL

You know I dont really care for LFP but I not going to slam them in writing.
Got too much to loose.

Even if you disregard those who purchased the overlay copies, there are plenty of others who were ripped off by LFP (in various ways) over the 8 years that I've been around here! :nonono:

03yellow

Established Member
if you dont like LFP or feel they have done you wrong post stuff like this:

BBB Rating

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:

* 7 complaints filed against business
* Failure to respond to 2 complaints filed against business.
* 2 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
* BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
* BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.

Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings

Business Contact and Profile
Name: Lightning Force Performance
Phone: (281) 385-5339
Address: 3207 Kathleen
Mont Belvieu, TX 77580
Website: Welcome to Lightning Force Performance - Your American Muscle Mustang Parts Store
Principal: Mark Silvestri, Owner
Customer Contact: Mark Silvestri, Owner - [email protected]
Email Address: [email protected]
File Open Date: November 2005
Type of Business: Auto Parts & Supplies-New

Keep yourself out of it. WOW F rating!!!

Last edited:

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
well, slanderous?? I dont think so, nothing on here that is stated is not a fact. They stole his design, they used his pics and instructions. That is not slander, that is just stating the fact that they are POS'S!!! They tried to low ball him below a cost that was not even feasible for him to make them, they didnt like the price, so they stole his idea. That is not slanderous, that is FACT!! Slander, is stating untrue statements, with the sole intention of causing personal harm to the reputation of the business or person.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
WOW.. i was going to order one from them. Nice to know!

This is why the admins are keeping this thread going IMHO. Keeping the unsuspecting consumer from being taken advantage of. Ray H.

Exactly. And my case was really the last straw. It was just so blatant. Travis finally gave LFP the boot and we're all a lot better off because of it! Ray H.

if you dont like LFP or feel they have done you wrong post stuff like this:

BBB Rating

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:

* 7 complaints filed against business
* Failure to respond to 2 complaints filed against business.
* 2 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
* BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
* BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.

Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings

Business Contact and Profile
Name: Lightning Force Performance
Phone: (281) 385-5339
Address: 3207 Kathleen
Mont Belvieu, TX 77580
Website: Welcome to Lightning Force Performance - Your American Muscle Mustang Parts Store
Principal: Mark Silvestri, Owner
Customer Contact: Mark Silvestri, Owner - [email protected]
Email Address: [email protected]
File Open Date: November 2005
Type of Business: Auto Parts & Supplies-New

Keep yourself out of it. WOW F rating!!!

Well, I chose to bring to light what they had done to me in my own way and I think it's been pretty effective in making people aware but I do appreciate the BBB info on LFP. The F rating is well deserved. Ray H.

well, slanderous?? I dont think so, nothing on here that is stated is not a fact. They stole his design, they used his pics and instructions. That is not slander, that is just stating the fact that they are POS'S!!! They tried to low ball him below a cost that was not even feasible for him to make them, they didnt like the price, so they stole his idea. That is not slanderous, that is FACT!! Slander, is stating untrue statements, with the sole intention of causing personal harm to the reputation of the business or person.

Yeah. I've just stated the facts. Nothing sladerous about them. Probably the worst thing about all this is the old "bait and switch" LFP continues to run. That scam is one of the oldest in the book. And it is definately illegal. Showing a picture of my Boost Overlay and then sending a cheap copy that doesn't match the fonts on the stock gauges is a prime example of the "bait and switch". I proved this when I purchased one myself. Ray H.

Just an FYI. I'm leaving tomorrow for The Mid Ohio race track. My buddies and I from Capital Area Mustangs in Lansing Michigan are taking our Mustangs to go open track racing there. I may not have access to a computer until I return on Sunday so if I don't reply to someone right away that is the reason. Wish me luck. I'm taking the '89 Fox body open track car in my sig. Should be a blast!

Ray H.

03yellow

Established Member
Your definition of slander is not the legal definition. Sounds like something from Webster.
Ray has accused LFP of doing something illegal; not true. He accused LFP of stealing; legally not true. Here's what LFP needs to show for a case of Slander/ Liable(written).
A plaintiff who wishes to sue an individual or entity for libel or slander has the burden of proving four claims to a court: First, the plaintiff must show that the DEFENDANT communicated a defamatory statement. Second, the plaintiff must show that the statement was published or communicated to at least one other person besides the plaintiff. Third, the plaintiff must show that the communication was about the plaintiff and that another party receiving the communication could identify the plaintiff as the subject of the defamatory message. Fourth, the plaintiff must show that the communication injured the plaintiff's reputation.
LFP could take Ray to court. It's case meets all the criteria listed above.
Not only that but they could state that someone(me) was even pointing out what Ray was doing was slanderous and that he responded to the information.
He not ignorant of the implications of what he is doing to the reputation of LPF. Nor is SVTP
I've been called slow, amusing, yeller and several other things but I'm not stupid.
I don't think emotionally when it comes to business; I can't afford to in this era of legal opportunity.

Last edited:

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
Ray has accused LFP of doing something illegal; not true. He accused LFP of stealing; legally not true.
LFP stole his art work and represented it as there own. This is actionable even if the art work is not registered with the US Copyright Office. A copyright exists from the moment it is created even if it is never registered. Registering makes it easier to prove and may allow for the awarding of attorney fees.
Here's what LFP needs to show for a case of Slander/ Liable(written)...............
and Ray needs only show that what he said is true since the truth is a complete defense.

If you want to argue the law, take it to The Donut Shop. In the mean time lets keep this thread on track as a warning that what people see on LFP's site is not what they will get.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread