It's official the Boss 302 is back

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Hard Core! I'm selling the Mystichrome. Reasonable offers only.

They might as well have named the Laguna model the "Jimmysidecarr Edition" it could not be more on the MONEY! It is exactly what I want!

I will find a way to own a Laguna Seca BOSS.
Used or new that is the next car for me, I don't even care which color, I won't be buying one to polish and drool on.

It will be used to embarrass very expensive "true sports car", and they are going to CRY like little babies when the get their asses completely smoked by a Mustang!:whine::whine:

It will be time to give ME the point bys!

They freaking totally nailed it.

I may have to alter the bottom of my driveway though. The 04 scrapes now if I come straight in, I will have to angle it.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
The 302 already comes with the Drag Pack standard as offered in 302 LC form (3.73, short shifter, intake)..well, except for the shorty headers but I suspect the 302 manifolds flow as well and will actually form a good seal. Plus, it comes with a 302-specific exhaust system.

"Drag Pack" was Never the marketing term used by Ford for this option package, back when they were building the Boss 302 Mustangs.* The "Drag Pack" option consisted of a factory mounted oil cooler that came on the outside of the radiator on some Boss Mustangs that were ordered with the 4.30 gears. With the oil cooler present in virtually all of Ford's Drag Pack cars(drag pak in Lincoln/mercury), it naturally follows that a BOSS 302 Mustang so equipped from the factory is commonly referred to as having a "Drag Pack". While 2 boss 302s with 3.91 rear gears did receive this oil cooler as well. According to Ford literature a Boss 302 could not be ordered with the oil cooler. Even stranger things happened with cobra jet and super cobra jet cars just by ordering the "right" rear gear.
Yes we got the oil cooler and forged engine, now how about the manly gears a 7500rpm multivalve cammer needs. 4.30-4.56 as an option. Lol. $200 can take care of that ;) I'm not getting that picky even though it's started to sound like I am.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
"Drag Pack" was Never the marketing term used by Ford for this option package, back when they were building the Boss 302 Mustangs.* The "Drag Pack" option consisted of a factory mounted oil cooler that came on the outside of the radiator on some Boss Mustangs that were ordered with the 4.30 gears. With the oil cooler present in virtually all of Ford's Drag Pack cars, it naturally follows that a BOSS 302 Mustang so equipped from the factory is commonly referred to as having a "Drag Pack".
Yes we got the oil cooler now how about the manly gears a 7500rpm multivalve cammer needs. 4.30-4.56 as an option

The internal trans gears are very low and aggressive unless you are doing a very tall drag tire those may be too much.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Both 2010 and 2011 ratios (taken from Ford web site) are as follows:
1st 3.38:1
2nd 2.00:1
3rd 1.32:1
4th 1.00:1
5th 0.68:1

1st 3.66
2nd 2.43
3rd 1.69
4th 1.32
5th 1.00
6th 0.65

So 4.56 would be too aggressive for most people. 4.10 would be a good fit and a 4.30 would be a drag racers dream with the right mods. I bet there is still some rpm and power in the motor at 7500 and can be reved a little more. I'll put the math to it later racing is on now so I'm busy lol.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
"Drag Pack" was Never the marketing term used by Ford for this option package, back when they were building the Boss 302 Mustangs.* The "Drag Pack" option consisted of a factory mounted oil cooler that came on the outside of the radiator on some Boss Mustangs that were ordered with the 4.30 gears. With the oil cooler present in virtually all of Ford's Drag Pack cars(drag pak in Lincoln/mercury), it naturally follows that a BOSS 302 Mustang so equipped from the factory is commonly referred to as having a "Drag Pack". While 2 boss 302s with 3.91 rear gears did receive this oil cooler as well. According to Ford literature a Boss 302 could not be ordered with the oil cooler. Even stranger things happened with cobra jet and super cobra jet cars just by ordering the "right" rear gear.
Yes we got the oil cooler and forged engine, now how about the manly gears a 7500rpm multivalve cammer needs. 4.30-4.56 as an option. Lol. $200 can take care of that ;) I'm not getting that picky even though it's started to sound like I am.

I thought you meant the current Drag Pack offered by Ford Racing for the current Mustangs.

ARMORED SNAKE

Established Member
Damn it, why did I have to see this? That Laguna Seca model looks like it has everything I ever ****ing wanted in a Mustang, but that was never available. Until today apparently, for 2012..

I just got sold my GT-500 and purchased a C6 Z06. And while I'm pretty sure this Boss 302 still cant out lap a C6 Z06 R-comp to R-comp, I sure do love Mustangs.. This would have been in my garage if I knew about it in June. I would have loved kicking some major ass with this Boss at the track. =[

Does anyone have an idea of possible production numbers and MSRP?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Rumored $36Kish for the normal Boss 302 and $40Kish for the Boss 302 LS.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Looks like 4.56 on a 26inch tall tire(Which is shorter then the stocker) seems to make a perfect gear to top out 5th in the quarter. This car is going to be a 10sec player with gears,tune, a little lightening maybe and slicks. Lol and heck it's designed for the twisties.

I'd expect production numbers to be the same as the Mach 1 and bullit edition. I'd expect price in the 40-45 range. Just looking as the middle ground of a GT and the SVT. The next svt is going to have to really step up it's game or it's going to get it's but handed to him by the middle brother in every aspect.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I've heard under 3500 production numbers, not sure of the mix bewteen base and Laguna Seca, and under $40 for the Boss, and low to mid $40's for the LS.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
might have to sell or trade my mystichrome for one of these

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
might have to sell or trade my mystichrome for one of these

I'm with you there.

As awesome as the Terminators are, the parts list and track performance capabilities of this new BOSS is head and shoulders above my tried and true, fast and durable Mystichrome.

This car was made to do what I like to do with cars! All freaking day long without so much as a hiccup, I might add.

I would have to spend another ten grand on suspension mods and a hood just to stay with one. That is just not a viable option for me. I am not a rich guy.

I would not have to change anything on a Laguna except the color accents and very few things on a regular BOSS, whose wheels I prefer anyway.
The color accents on the Laguna being red only is a problem for me, it's too loud, the Mystichrome is subtle.

A repaint or vinyl re-do to a dark grey on the LS would do it for me(see stolen photoshop in new sig), then I would totally like the LS wheels.

I do love the mini-lite look a like wheels on the standard BOSS a lot, that is what most ran on track back then, I'm surprised that more people are not getting the track capability aspect to this car and are grumbling about freaking shaker hood scoops and side stripes and other visuals!

That whole shaker hood scoop thing didn't work for me even back in 1970, I viewed it as fluff then because we all knew it was too far back on the hood to be as effective as the 68 scoop design and because of modern CAI designs today I considerer it to be even more fluff all that silly extra plumbing to make it semi-functional.

Some people think splitters are ricey, yet they are totally functional and make taking a 120mph sweeper very exciting in a stable and safe way!

It's time, this car is totally right!

buck24

Established Member
I am hoping they keep the price for the LS in the 40's, with it's weight and hp it would be so much fun at the track and in when you compare it to it's track competition out there, it's a bargain. I just love the bare bones, down to business interior, everything done to go fast.

chuckstang

Established Member
wow, the ugliest Mustang built in some time, wtf were they thinking with painted red wheels and well neither the ls or base look good

BUT

I DONT CARE, I WANT!

And if that price is true, around $40k

See ya GT500 Im afraid

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
wow, the ugliest Mustang built in some time, wtf were they thinking with painted red wheels and well neither the ls or base look good

BUT

I DONT CARE, I WANT!

And if that price is true, around $40k

See ya GT500 Im afraid

LOL! Chuck! It may grow on us, you know cars sometimes do that, you have seen it many times, just like me.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Yes, I agree, totally cool in a functional way! The colors? Well, nothing much to add, except even my 16 year old son thinks it's gaudy! :dw:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
For road use I'd want a different splitter...it's fugly, but damn gangster of a design for the functionality of it. Gaudy vinyl stripes, stock painted fugly rims, all that can be easily fixed. This car's really nice. I wish they had options like this on a GT500. I really wouldn't mind having that rear seat delete. It's beautiful. Also if the GT500's splitter had the same thought into it's functionality as this car....that'd be really nice. Overall a killer car. Just curious to see the price tag and dealer markup on it since it's "Limited".

Users who are viewing this thread