It's official the Boss 302 is back

satx

Banned
Where did you read "rear-seat delete"?? I couldn't find anyting but 11 pounds of sound-deadening material removed.

2012_ford_mustang_boss_302_laguna_seca_17_cd_gallery.jpg

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Only problem is: The splitter, Seats, X Brace, Rear Seat Delete, and a lot of other options are only on the Laguna Sega model.

sprint200

Established Member
They tell you if you can get it at MSRP?

Not a penny more!

I've sent half a dozen GT500 referals to them over the past 3.5 years, purchased 2 Shelby's and a Super Duty from them. Oh and the finance manager is a close friend.:rockon:

Only problem is: The splitter, Seats, X Brace, Rear Seat Delete, and a lot of other options are only on the Laguna Sega model.

Which is why I'm getting the Laguna Seca model!:D

Where did you read "rear-seat delete"?? I couldn't find anyting but 11 pounds of sound-deadening material removed.

And what's this? " Boss customers who want the ultimate seating experience can select a package that includes Recaro buckets, designed by Ford SVT in cooperation with Recaro for high performance Mustang models, and shared between the Boss and GT500 "

Since when can we get Recaro seats??

It's only available as part of the special edition Leguna Seca model............see above.

The LS is shown in Black but is also available in Silver, which is the color I will order (should go much better with the red accents, imho).

I don't think I'm the only one who thinks Ford hit a Grand Slam here:beer:

Colleton

Established Member
" Boss customers who want the ultimate seating experience can select a package that includes Recaro buckets, designed by Ford SVT in cooperation with Recaro for high performance Mustang models, and shared between the Boss and GT500 "

Since when can we get Recaro seats??

Probably an option on the 2012 GT500? After all, the Boss 302 is a 2012 model.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Another home run for Ford. :beer:
I gotta have one of these in my garage next to my Shelby. :rockon:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Not a penny more!

I've sent half a dozen GT500 referals to them over the past 3.5 years, purchased 2 Shelby's and a Super Duty from them. Oh and the finance manager is a close friend.:rockon:
Nice!! Wonder if they know what their allocation will
be and how soon? He mentioned when they might get pricing?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What is that? Seems to be an old chop of some sort. Look at the mirrors, they are from a 05-09 as well as the car is missing the 10+ hips in the rear quarters.

Yeah, just messing with Sgt but it was the wrong shade of green.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I may just have to get the Leguna Seca model to go with the GT500.

Wonder how much weight could be saved by going with a normal exhaust system....

I wrote a company that made an X-brace for another car to see if they had anything in the works for the Mustang.

And to some out there...it is SECA, not the video game (SEGA)...c'mon now :poke:

JStyles

Established Member
ummm, the original had 290. This car has a 5.0 with CNC'd heads, a short runner intake, revised cams and a forged rotating assembly. Rumor has it that a tune with increased redline will see a BIG power gain. How much power did you think they could get out of a 302 cubic inch NA motor with a warranty?

Think of it this way, 15% more power than the 5.4 in the Cobra R. It also has about the same HP as a GT3 and way more than an M3. Superchargers don't really belong on a road course, putting one on this car would have been a travesty.

+1000 Well said :beer:

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
Here's some more Boss 302 eye candy and information.This all is very exciting. There's always going to be critics, but overall (as a American Ford Company), they sure are doing things right and going in the right direction...!:rockon:

More Boss 302 info:

2012 Mustang Boss 302 Surfaces with More Power and Better Handling - StangTV.com

Motor info:

Boss 302’s Engine: Bulletproof and Blower-free - StangTV.com

Laguna Seca Info:

For the Hard Core in Mind – Laguna Seca Edition Boss 302 Mustang - StangTV.com

History info:

Muscle Cars You Should Know: ‘69 Ford Mustang BOSS 302 #16 - StangTV.com

F8L SN8K

Established Member
This car is fantastic from top to bottom. More then I expected and I've been dreaming of the return of the Boss 302 since 2001. Sign me up LS edition for me(Wife likes the standard color combos better but tough!) The Boss 302 as always been one of the top mustangs on my list to own.

I wish they would have used the styling cues from the 1970 Boss instead of the 69 but I wont bother complaining on minor details like that or NO grabber blue or Drag Pack. This car will kick some serious tail in the performance world!!! To anyone that this doesn't get your blood moving and pulse rapidly accelerating needs to pass their Mustang Eunthusiasts cards up to the front and go stand in the corner.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I wont bother complaining on minor details like that or NO grabber blue or Drag Pack.

The 302 already comes with the Drag Pack standard as offered in 302 LS form (3.73, short shifter, intake)..well, except for the shorty headers but I suspect the 302 manifolds flow as well and will actually form a good seal. Plus, it comes with a 302-specific exhaust system.

Users who are viewing this thread