It's official the Boss 302 is back

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member

Ugly can be fixed.

I'd go with a red one and pull the side tape off at least.

Got the email this morning, pretty cool about the exhaust cutouts :beer:

Wonder what the Recaro's look like though? Mentions they were a co-op from the SVT/GT500 boys...anyone thinking retrofit? :??:

bpmurr

Established Member
Looks like I know what I'm replacing my GT500 with. Not the ugly version but the Kona blue and white one.

RedlineHP

Established Member
Now if they would start up the Trans-am series with Camaro & Challenger I would be giddy! Way better than Nascar.

91svtbird

Established Member
needs more power... 440 is not enough for the Boss name IMO

I believe that is a low ball number much like the CJ's HP rating is...It's got the 302 R engine (7500 est red line) and that makes in the neighborhood of 550hp.

2Sharpie

Established Member
Nice.......but not diggin the stripes. I'd take 'em off and put the 302R (or RTR) wheels on. Who came up with that horrendous Black/Red combo.....looks like some fart-canned Civic.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I want one in yellow...like I had on my 04.

Not that I would do it for this but, if these cars, the BOSS302 would hold thier value like thier early counterparts...that woudl be awesome. BEtween my GT500 and one of these in teh garage...several years down the line?

Yeah I know..won't happen but, it's nice to dream. The old ones are going for ridiculous amount of money!

I think the red with black is okay. Black with red looks ugly. Blue white is good combo but, yellow black is my combo FTW!

:banana:

satx

Banned
needs more power... 440 is not enough for the Boss name IMO

ummm, the original had 290. This car has a 5.0 with CNC'd heads, a short runner intake, revised cams and a forged rotating assembly. Rumor has it that a tune with increased redline will see a BIG power gain. How much power did you think they could get out of a 302 cubic inch NA motor with a warranty?

Think of it this way, 15% more power than the 5.4 in the Cobra R. It also has about the same HP as a GT3 and way more than an M3. Superchargers don't really belong on a road course, putting one on this car would have been a travesty.

sprint200

Established Member
Boys, this is the Real Deal! For road race lovin' Mustang fanatics it can't get any better than this.

Torsen diff; close ratio gears; aero balance (did you see that splitter!?!); purpose built suspension; rear seat delete; cross bracing between the rear shocks; and on and on and on........... Good grief, Charlie Brown! What else could you want?

Okay, a few more pounds off the curb weight would have been icing on the cake, but Damned!

I've already called my dealer. I'm getting the LS!:beer:

GT500 just became my Daily Driver. This is what I thought I was getting when I bought it:lol: Anyone want to by an F250 crew cab?:D

2Sharpie

Established Member
Boys, this is the Real Deal! For road race lovin' Mustang fanatics it can't get any better than this.

Torsen diff; close ratio gears; aero balance (did you see that splitter!?!); purpose built suspension; rear seat delete; cross bracing between the rear shocks; and on and on and on........... Good grief, Charlie Brown! What else could you want?

Okay, a few more pounds off the curb weight would have been icing on the cake, but Damned!

I've already called my dealer. I'm getting the LS!:beer:

GT500 just became my Daily Driver. This is what I thought I was getting when I bought it:lol: Anyone want to by an F250 crew cab?:D

Where did you read "rear-seat delete"?? I couldn't find anyting but 11 pounds of sound-deadening material removed.

And what's this? " Boss customers who want the ultimate seating experience can select a package that includes Recaro buckets, designed by Ford SVT in cooperation with Recaro for high performance Mustang models, and shared between the Boss and GT500 "

Since when can we get Recaro seats??

satx

Banned
aero balance (did you see that splitter!?!

what splitter:shrug:
2012_ford_mustang_boss_302_laguna_seca_29_cd_gallery.jpg

:D

Users who are viewing this thread