• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

It's a Whole New World | 2020 Shelby GT500 | Meanest Snake Yet | How Fast Is It?

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Jan 14, 2019.

1. 96gt02

96gt02 Well-Known Member Established Member

Man whoever comes out with a grill emblem re-locator is gonna make bank

2. Jameeson

Jameeson all the horsepowerz Established Member

Funny how well that car has sold
    I can see not liking it, but POS? Not everyone is a drag racer bruh

3. 72SBC

72SBC Doesn’t care Established Member

Well that confirms it. I’m getting a Gen V viper.

4. SnakeBoostE85

SnakeBoostE85 whipped and korned Established Member

ok bruh...

Pretty sad when a Subaru that costs half the price blows the doors off a GT350 at 5000 feet or more above sea level, both in straight line and road course. Take a hot summer day at 5500 feet and your density altitude will approach 9000 feet.

There is no place for an N/A car in that price range.

Snake Pliskin likes this.
  5. FEARSNO1

FEARSNO1 KB Shelby, enough said Established Member

I can’t believe they aren’t going to give us the damn HP Numbers! I mean that’s what everyone is looking for!! CMON FORD!!

6. SnakeBoostE85

Didn't they say they were still tuning it?

redlineit likes this.
  7. jpro

jpro Disoriented Poster Established Member

A couple of thoughts:

1. I like it. It will be an incredible car. It looks great and will be the most powerful (HP) Mustang ever produced that is street legal.

2. I never liked silver on Cobras/Mustangs, but Good God, the silver one in the photos looks incredible! WOW!

3. Did anyone else notice in the brochure you can get one with rear-seat delete?

4. Whoever complained about the reveal and stated that Ford needs real car guys at the top because that reveal was blah doesn't understand that real car guys won't be able to afford the car. The reveal lacked technical info because most of the people who will be able to afford the car don't care about HP and TQ numbers...they just want to get theirs and store it away like idiots.

5. With ADM, I'm guessing this is a $100K car. LOL

6. HP/TQ numbers would have been nice, but 0 to 60 times and quarter mile times don't mean much until you get drivers behind the wheel and on the course/at the track to see what the car can do in real life.

7. Funny how Redfire and Silver were my least favorite colors (other than Zinc Yellow) for the Terminators and now similar colors for the new GT500 have me gazing longingly at the 500's pics. LOL

G's Shelby and lexustech48 like this.
  8. 98 svt

98 svt Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

I wanna see it Jake!
    Hopefully we will see a new Tool album by the time this 500 is released.

lilcoop03 likes this.
  9. SnakeBoostE85

well said jpro

The biggest problem here is price... My terminator is probably the most impractical thing I have ever owned... Its fun to drive on a nice sunny day or maybe bring to the track for a little fun. I have about 35K invested in it.... I just can't imagine wrapping upwards of 100K in something that is that impractical. Its just not a middle class car anymore. Its trying to compete with upper class income vehicles. If I'm going to spend that kind of money... I'm sorry, Its not going to be on a mustang. Lets also compare a terminator here from a cost perspective... I have 35K invested, I can run low 11's all day long granny shifting... IF i put another 65K into my terminator, It would be an easy 9 second car, handle like a dream and have a nice new paint job maybe even some interior upgrades that rival what you find in a new car.

jpro likes this.
  10. SnakeBoostE85

this^

given how long its taken ford to get off their ass and compete with every other manufacturer out there in this performance range... GT350 barely competed with the mid level trim Camaro and challenger

351stang likes this.
  11. 7998

7998 Well-Known Member Established Member

There is plenty of dealers out there that don't gouge their customers. You may have to do so calling but it isn't hard to find a dealer that'll order you one at MSRP.

Listen I'm not going to say the Redeye is road course car but it does pull almost 1g on Car & Drivers Skidpad. Having said that I'll give up some road course prowess for a crap ton more comfort. Now having said that 99.99% of these GT500's will never turn a wheel on a track that isn't straight.

Any schlep can slap a 2650 Roots blower on a Coyote and make big power. What's special about this car, outside of the DCT which a lot of people seem to be complaining about?

12. Ninjak

Ninjak Posting from The Shadow's Established Member

Well considering brakes, areo, and suspension setup...I guess nothing ?? LOL. If this car has the same performance of a GT350 around a track and the power to hit the 1/4 in 10secs...STOCK.....It's a step in the right direction. The DCT will be a great help. Just like the A10 power the 5.0's to great time now at the strip.

At the end of the day you can make ANY car faster. Its the supporting gear that makes a car special. If this GT500 holds to what is mentioned, it will be very special, and probably a whipple away from running low 9's or 8's. That and it will be able to turn. I would say it will easily stay with or whoop a ZL1 LE. Its a great time to be a enthusiast.

Jameeson, G's Shelby and 7998 like this.
  13. SnakeBoostE85

well said... however the internals of a coyote won't last long at that power range. However in total defense of this statement any schlep (myself included) can slap a whipple on a terminator without even touching the internals and make huge power safely.

Where this car will definitely deliver is the transmission I think. I just know if I had an automatic with more gears closer together I could easily run low 10's with my terminator. You can keep the RPM's in a sweet spot all the way up to 130+mph. This is where many of these newer cars like the GTR have a huge advantage and make surprising numbers with as little as 500-ish HP.

14. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

Wtf are you talking about? Definitely have a troll here.

15. SnakeBoostE85

And here comes the SVTP jackass crowd

351stang likes this.
  16. csc427

csc427 Active Member Established Member

It’s you’re...not your. If you are going to be rude/mean, at least use proper grammar.

98 svt likes this.
  17. COOL COBRA

COOL COBRA Hell Yes! Premium Member Established Member

I like the sound of that as an owner, but what makes you think that?

Norton likes this.
  18. csc427

Correct. They can be had for msrp. However, I don’t understand the idea of bashing someone if they wanna pay adm. If willing to pay adm, that person obviously has the money to be able to do such. Much like paying over market for a house. If you want it and can afford it, who cares?

19. Norton

Norton Long-time SVT Enthusiast Established Member

SVT was absorbed into Ford Performance, along with unify Team RS and Ford Racing, circa 2015.

20. csc427

Never gets old

98 svt likes this.