• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

It's a Whole New World | 2020 Shelby GT500 | Meanest Snake Yet | How Fast Is It?

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Jan 14, 2019.

1. nickf2005

nickf2005 Well-Known Member Established Member

If I played/won the lottery, first car on my list. However... It's hard to imagine that 7 short years ago I walked out of the Ford dealership with a measly $50,000 (including T,T,L) GT500. Think I can get X-Plan on this one too? ;)

2. HillbillyHotRod

HillbillyHotRod Hooligan rabble rouser Established Member

Regular folks not being able to afford a new GT500 would probably force them to get a 13/14 instead, driving up the price of those. I do not see a lot of 13/14 owners jumping ship and getting a new GT500 for what it will probably cost them.

tones_RS3 and Norton like this.
  3. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

Being a manual will increase demand for the S-197 cars too.

biminiLX, me32, tones_RS3 and 2 others like this.
  4. R1Lello

R1Lello Well-Known Member Established Member

……….still scrolling thru the pages but if you all can remember re: the 2007 GT500, was speculated at 450 hp, then 475, then finalized at 500 hp for production. That may happen again so it could get bumped before production anyways.

me32 likes this.
  5. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

Nah... they/he clearly showed up already. Everything about your posts in this thread have been cancer.

6. lexustech48

lexustech48 I like Fords n stuff Premium Member Established Member

Sexy car, easily over 100K after TTL and ADM. I think it will be a monster for sure. Couldnt offer a manual I dont think, not when you're trying to punch above your weight class. DCT will *hopefully* be a solid unit. My TR6060, while having shit synchros from the factory, has taken all the abuse Ive thrown at it like a champ.

I cant wait to see these cars go head to head with a Demon.

7. GOTSVT?

GOTSVT? The Contrarian Established Member

In a straight line, the demon destroys it.....no way the GT500 touches it with those posted 0-60 times
    Speculation of course.

8. lexustech48

lexustech48 I like Fords n stuff Premium Member Established Member

Meh, not worried about stock for stock. I get that the fanbois all go off that. I want to see a modified 2020 GT500 take on a Demon. From the factory, the 2020 is only boosting at 12 psi accordign to one video Ive watched on it. Pulley down to at least 18 and lets see what she does!

me32 likes this.
  9. 96gt02

96gt02 Well-Known Member Established Member

Yeah the whole venom kills demons thing seems a little ignorant at this point, unless they are talking about road coarse but the 350 already does that so.....

GotHemi? likes this.
  10. PowerWheels

PowerWheels Anti-Bullshit Established Member

Letting the dealer PIITB has it's upside.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tunedprt91 and 96gt02 like this.
  11. railroad

railroad Well-Known Member Established Member

I guess that round knob on the console is the shifter? I hate to see that, but love the car for what it offers the Ford fans. Not seeing much on the IRS and how we are doing handling high hp. ,,, must be doing OK with the track numbers that are being posted.

12. SnakeBoostE85

SnakeBoostE85 whipped and korned Established Member

because your just feeding the monster... its the basic economic principal of supply and demand. When you overpay for something your artificially driving up demand for no good reason other than... the "OMG... I gotta have it mentality" its so ridiculous. Be patient, let the jack wagon's at Ford deliver them to dealer lots first, let them sit on the lots until Ford starts offering rebates to move them.

What do you think created the housing crisis? Idiot lenders giving money to idiot buyers that couldn't afford the homes they were buying in the first place. It artificially drove up the cost of homes across the entire country.

Bottom line - STOP feeding inflation.... A Cobra in 2004 was 35K... 2007 - 50K Now there 100K... give me a ****ing break. Where does it stop?

13. 93 347 Cobra

93 347 Cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

Yeah, this is gonna be a car for 911 drivers who live off Mulholland. I think 13-14s stay relatively flat or slightly increase in value after seeing what this car is. This is a totally different car that I'm sure will produce world-class lap-times maybe not too far behind the ZR1. But it's not classic big-inch, stick-shift muscle like the 13-14 cars and will absolutely preserve their legacy. The lack of a 7-speed option is....blah...

This car will sit in the garage a fair amount of time next to other six-figure rides. It's moving towards the wealthier demographic. Definitely a 100K ride with ADMs.

Norton likes this.
  14. PowerWheels

I'm thinking 67k base, second year no ADMs.

15. Ninjak

Ninjak Posting from The Shadow's Established Member

Well if memory serves the 13~14 GT500 was not exactly cheap when it came out. Sure you can get one on the "less than" side now, it's a 5~6 year old vehicle. You just have to hope you get one that someone put in a bubble wrapper hoping it would be worth a fortune later on, or someone who was not interested in racing.

The new GT500's will be hit by the ADM bug sure. It will probably be around 75k. The mark up's will have it well beyond 100k for sure. Hell I saw a 350r going for that just a few days ago. People will pay, we will complain, then after the hype, the car will come down to earth....Well 75k to earth. But still down to earth.

It's the same argument every time a new platform comes out. Let's face it people...it's not 2003 and this is not the terminator motor. You want to play with the Porsche's and Zr1's and every other high end vehicle, your going to have to pay for it...Seems this very thread was out for the GT350...

csc427 likes this.
  16. jpro

jpro Disoriented Poster Established Member

Wait...am I the troll? Hardly. :confused:

17. Brutal Metal

Brutal Metal Well-Known Member Established Member

The wing looks like the one on a mexican's 92 Honda civic.

GotHemi? likes this.
  18. PowerWheels

But attached to this thing it gets respect.

19. lilcoop03

lilcoop03 Active Member Established Member

Clutch pedal?

Norton likes this.
  20. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Dont be a Hybred Premium Member Established Member

Go back and read @SID297 first post. Insiders have said this car traps 133 baun stock.

Many, many, many stock Demons doing exactly the same as far as trap speeds. No chance in hell Demon "destroys" it. It ought to beat the 500 in a drag race, but "destroy" might not be the correct adjective.

Like you said, speculation, but will be exciting to see it all play out!