• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

It's a Whole New World | 2020 Shelby GT500 | Meanest Snake Yet | How Fast Is It?

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Jan 14, 2019.

1. 351stang

351stang Beast ZL1 Established Member

Just saw this article about heavy Camaro discounts. This is just for info/comparison. Camaro sales are down and there are still 2018 ZL1 1LE, ZL1, and SS 1LE's on some lots. I imagine you could get close to invoice and then knock another several thousand in discounts. Pretty damn good bargain if you might consider Brand-X. A ZL1 at approximately 1/2 the cost of a GT500. There was an additional "Conquest Cash" $2000 discount if you are a current Mustang owner.

Edit: This is why residual value on GM cars sucks. I knew what I was getting into when I bought mine.

www.gmauthority.com/blog/2019/01/new-camaro-discount-takes-2000-off-in-january-2019/

2. xartic

xartic New Member Established Member

I'm glad you're talking stock, but I'm talking times and listed mods with the Boss doesn't add up to what 347 Cobra listed for the Demon for the standing mile. I merely was comparing a NA ~500HP vehicle with bolt ons to a FI 840HP vehicle that are running similar times.

I would assume the Demon would hit around 200 in the mile.

3. 93 347 Cobra

93 347 Cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

Here's a video. Granted, it's not the lightweight configuration and there's a passenger. Hot Rod ran 173-174 at the Mojave Mile in a stock 2013 if I remember correctly. I'd be interested to see the DA comparisons but it's not the same formula as 1/4 drag racing because the speeds are so much higher. I wonder at what speed the power drop-off is overcome by the decreased air resistance of higher elevation DAs.

200 in the full mile is total BS. I watched a guy with a completely built motor 2005-2006 Ford GT barely clip 200 and he was ecstatic, but then again the DA was 8800 feet. My 3.73, tb, res delete only car ran 173.5 for reference. A friend with a res delete only 2013 car ran 171.

The frontal area on the Demon is huge and that hood scoop may as well be a wind-sock.

4. tones_RS3

tones_RS3 I like members members. Premium Member Established Member

I respect the Demon and it's straight line performance, but looking at that Youtube still shot of the side profile of the Demon and it is UGLY! lol
    I mean look at those fender flares. That kills the look of the car. Especially on the rear of the car closer to the side marker. Looks "off" to me.
    Shit, people could go out and buy a Dodge Redeye standard body car and not be really far off from the Demon performance. Or, am I wrong in saying that?

Smooth likes this.
  5. Voodooo413

Voodooo413 Member Established Member

You’re a negative bitch too. All you do is complain.

6. Voodooo413

Voodooo413 Member Established Member

Why don’t you go to another forum. All you do is cry. Just because you can’t handle the power and handling of the best mustang to date doesn’t mean it’s bad.
    You couldn’t handle a 16 hp John Deere garden tractor. Move along.

Rosco3, GTJason and PowerWheels like this.
  7. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Dont be a Hybred Established Member

Please explain how the air goes straight through an upside down intercooler/blower.

Previous design GT500 is going to be HARD to beat. Size of TB and mounting flange is first concern with new car.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Beercules likes this.
  8. GTJason

GTJason New Member

I agree on the odd flares. Also, why does that Demon mile run launch seem so slow? 1st shift at 10mph and about 5 sec 0-60...
    My 2011 GT500 hits harder on the launch...

9. tones_RS3

tones_RS3 I like members members. Premium Member Established Member

Did you quote the wrong person???
    I was talking about it's looks,....not how it launches.

10. Beercules

Beercules Active Member Established Member

Turn the blower over so the exit blows up, not down. Then the air goes through an intercooler and down straight runners instead of an s-curve.

Air still has mass, and anything with mass resists changing direction (Newton's 2nd law).

11. fastsilverstang

fastsilverstang New Member Established Member

Nice write up! I can't wait to have this in my garage one day!!

12. SnakeBoostE85

SnakeBoostE85 whipped and korned Established Member