It happened cylinder 8! Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
OP
Tim Eichhorn for your built motor. it's a no brainier, Local, great mod motor builder. He did a 5.4 for a friend over the winter. The 5.4 is a 2 valve motor, in a full weight Lightning and running 9's
PM me if you want more info.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If you plan to drive the car around, this may be worth a shot. You can also try unplugging the coil and injector harness to the bad cylinder as last resort to help the smoke situation since the motor seems to be already FUBAR.

bars-leaks-1016-400.jpg

Perfect

2012csgt

Established Member
Just saying, taking out a loan to do performance work to a car has not ended we'll for myself or anyone else I know. I would look into another form of funding to get the car fixed. I'm not going to address all of the #8 fears as I have an idea as to what is going on on your end OP.

Yeah don't take out a loan... Just find a way to make $100 and do that about 70 times and you'll have enough money.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I was doing my best to keep out of this but with only half the story being posted, I am not holding back anymore.

Sean, thanks for stopping by yesterday as we discussed future options and explaining why the issue with these cars is the ring land. You seemed to understand and when you asked me for a quote, I went to town on working something up for you. I also advised you to not drive the car anymore because it will do my harm. Heat + tight rings = crack.

From day 1, we have been their for you day and night. Texting on weekends, phone calls, local meets, cruises, ect. I have personally helped you and always tried to keep you going. Worked on the dealership so you can get the trans fixed.

But as stated to me over the phone Thursday night, you were apologizing for making it look like it was our fault. then you stated what happened. So when you are street racing and over rev the motor followed by a shut down of motor. The damage was done. Also stated you threw a wrench light before the car stalled. You also had a hard time making it home.

This happened a week before the dyno appointment.

You also told me you were going to post the entire story which you did but left out some key items.

let me lastly state that I told you even though you went to another shop, I will not let it come between helping you and getting you back on the street because I have been in your shoes. Twice!

I want to send you the estimate but I do not have your email. But you did get the price last night.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Hitting the rev limiter which cuts fuel not spark. This car has seen a lot of high rpm pulls

stang8psi

Established Member
^ lol Darren your car has to run to see the benifits of a TB! lol let alone drive it to even feel the gains...

4VFTW

Established Member
I don't think the op ever hinted at blaming BBR... I think someone saw BBR in his Sig and started throwing around allegations without knowing the facts. Typical internet B.S.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I don't think the op ever hinted at blaming BBR... I think someone saw BBR in his Sig and started throwing around allegations without knowing the facts. Typical internet B.S.

I know and agree. Just wanted to state what happened and lead to the cracked ring land

Laloosh

Established Member
Hitting the limiter is not over reving the engine. Unless he money shifted then over reving is the wrong word :)

kingnut

Established Member
since when it hitting the rev limiter over revving? that what a rev limiter is there for... so you dont over rev. BBR has a solid reputation. but that definition of over revving is complete BS. i didnt want to get involved. but i have to state the obvious.

old_goat

Established Member

Yep, that's what I got out of it. I looks like someone looked at his signature probably took it for granted that may be the problem.

I know and agree. Just wanted to state what happened and lead to the cracked ring land

I think we all totally agree that Steve has every right to put the entire story in the complete context.

kingnut

Established Member
also what 5.0 hasnt seen alot of high RPM pulls? 50% of the guys on the forum have boss intakes. there is a ton of high revving there. why do i feel im the only one that states the obvious... im not trying to bash anyone. but i will state the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread