It happened cylinder 8! Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

svt04cobra1

Established Member
When you get your motor work done why do it over again when you add a blower? I'd go lower compression not higher. These motors like boost with lower compression. You won't notice a big difference running N/A on a lower compression motor and you'll be all ready for years down the line when you add a power adder no matter what that might be. Good Luck OP!!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
When you get your motor work done why do it over again when you add a blower? I'd go lower compression not higher. These motors like boost with lower compression. You won't notice a big difference running N/A on a lower compression motor and you'll be all ready for years down the line when you add a power adder no matter what that might be. Good Luck OP!!

^^^^^^^^

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
im a ford tech also and gotta chime in.ive never seen or heard of a number 8 issue other than on the net?
we sell alot of mustangs off our lot and people always seem to modify them and nothing of #8 ? im guilty of the modify bug this myself..

i do know this though,my a/f gauge with the stock tune at wot is close to 14...after my tune, in the 12 to one area..im not sure where the tunes were before but i feel safe knowing that.

Glad to hear. They wont believe you. Its better to read the internet and believe companys who are trying to sell their product.

downwardspiral

Hammerhead
Established Member
This thread has inspired a new fear in me lol.. I changed my oil today and smelled a little fuel.. as the oil drained I pulled my #8 plug, luckily it had a healthy hint of tan with no oil on it. My blower is scheduled to be delivered on Weds.. so I can start saving up for an MMR shortblock and spare MT-82 :rockon:

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This thread has inspired a new fear in me lol.. I changed my oil today and smelled a little fuel.. as the oil drained I pulled my #8 plug, luckily it had a healthy hint of tan with no oil on it. My blower is scheduled to be delivered on Weds.. so I can start saving up for an MMR shortblock and spare MT-82 :rockon:

yes, if this whole incident has tought me anything, its that it imperative to be preppared for the unexpectted and and be ready for anything to go on you. being built will surley give me peace of mind for the future, i was just very niave thinking that the only thing i was worried about with the car was the mt82, i was not ready for an cylinder 8 hit.

ugh and it sucks to hear the ford bashing im getting from my dad now. He had a stroker vette in the past and hes been talking like a true chevy fan boy the last few days.. His first car was actual a 68 mustang, he said the old FORD acronym well applied then and hes pushing it hard on me now..

i recently talked to a member, cs12 who he had his engine built by Tim at mustang performance racing the guy id be going with if i built up the motor as opposed to going with the option bellow :rolling: . and he was running on 11:5:1 compression and he now has a votech and traps 136, sounds good to me...

it is a very intriguing route.. so hard to decide, though im still on the fence with the lower compression bc i dont see a blower coming for at least 2, probably closer to 4 years from now.. time to set real priorities and save for my own place to live. Though i do like the fact that if i went the beefcake route, id be able to salvage the heads and block and make some money back, granted that their in fine condition like im assuming.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

yes, if this whole incident has tought me anything, its that it imperative to be preppared for the unexpectted and and be ready for anything to go on you. being built will surley give me peace of mind for the future, i was just very niave thinking that the only thing i was worried about with the car was the mt82, i was not ready for an cylinder 8 hit.

ugh and it sucks to hear the ford bashing im getting from my dad now. He had a stroker vette in the past and hes been talking like a true chevy fan boy the last few days.. His first car was actual a 68 mustang, he said the old FORD acronym well applied then and hes pushing it hard on me now..

i recently talked to a member, cs12 who he had his engine built by Tim at mustang performance racing the guy id be going with if i built up the motor as opposed to going with the option bellow :rolling: . and he was running on 11:5:1 compression and he now has a votech and traps 136, sounds good to me...

it is a very intriguing route.. so hard to decide, though im still on the fence with the lower compression bc i dont see a blower coming for at least 2, probably closer to 4 years from now.. time to set real priorities and save for my own place to live. Though i do like the fact that if i went the beefcake route, id be able to salvage the heads and block and make some money back, granted that their in fine condition like im assuming.

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

Yeah low comp if your going to run a turbo or centr with 20 plus psi.
But if its going to be a true street car 11:1 comp and moderate boost levels
offer awesome low RPM throttle response and fun.
U just need to choose your direction.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Shaun is correct on this one. I have had the conversation with him about this and confirmed it as well. Even my 2013 WYN3 computer has this and I have corrected it now thanks to Shaun's help.

Oh, nooooo....Ford did it right, everyone else is crazy. Why would Ford turn out a potentially faulty product if they're in the business of selling cars. I mean, they're never any recalls or TSBs on their cars.

(Yes, heavy sarcasm here)

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Everyone makes mistakes. Especially ford, I see a couple of there mistakes everyday.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

65sohc

Established Member
yes, if this whole incident has tought me anything, its that it imperative to be preppared for the unexpectted and and be ready for anything to go on you.

Last year I had Shaun tune my Boss shortly after I bought it. I cringed when he ran it up to 8200 on his dyno and told him, "I'll never run it that high." He replied nonchalantly, "I want to make sure it will." No surprises.

thebreather

Established Member
Glad to hear. They wont believe you. Its better to read the internet and believe companys who are trying to sell their product.

crazy how this whole thread seems like a sales add now? im not tryng have anyone believe me or even take sides with the engineers of ford or the people here on the internet but i really havent heard of any such thing of number 8 but here on the net. i was even worried at the begining when i bought my car..

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
crazy how this whole thread seems like a sales add now? im not tryng have anyone believe me or even take sides with the engineers of ford or the people here on the internet but i really havent heard of any such thing of number 8 but here on the net. i was even worried at the begining when i bought my car..

No need to worry then

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Oh, nooooo....Ford did it right, everyone else is crazy. Why would Ford turn out a potentially faulty product if they're in the business of selling cars. I mean, they're never any recalls or TSBs on their cars.

(Yes, heavy sarcasm here)

Everyone makes mistakes. Especially ford, I see a couple of there mistakes everyday.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

It happens to all the car/truck makers. Over time the find out the flaws and fix them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread