Is the EPA is Coming for Your Brake Cleaner???

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Hell, I grew up washing my hands in gasoline.
Brake Cleaner is nothing.
I have sprayed it directly on my hands to get rid of stubborn stains that regular shop soap would not remove.
Outside of a 3rd eye growing on my forehead I have had no side affects after all these years....
Same here.
Growing up in a family construction business that also did paving, washing up your hands, boots, tools, wheelbarrows, etc with straight gasoline was the most effective way of cleaning up.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
No. My grandfather died of inhaling an unregulated carcinogen thanks to the navy, you royal prick.

It should be banned in the capacities it was banned, because no one should be using a fire suit or helmet lined with asbestos.

Attacking me over the loss of my grandfather due to an unregulated carcinogen, that I am glad is now regulated, is a really low move.
A frequent and unknown exposure I'm guessing?

4.698gt

Established Member
Chlorinated brake cleaner hasn't been available in jersey in years as the state has banned it following California's lead. Only a matter of time before you are only allowed to use water to do any cleaning

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
You can't buy the good shit in colorado anymore.

I got lucky when I bought my sureshot and got some of the good shit, the next time I went to buy some, all junk. Even that was hard to get, most places wouldn't ship out here. I had to buy it through my wife's government account lol.

I think it's just very expensive nail polish remover now. You have to use 5x more and it doesn't get as clean.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Chlorinated brake cleaner hasn't been available in jersey in years as the state has banned it following California's lead. Only a matter of time before you are only allowed to use water to do any cleaning
No because then you will be polluting the water....

Can't win.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Hell, I grew up washing my hands in gasoline.
Brake Cleaner is nothing.
I have sprayed it directly on my hands to get rid of stubborn stains that regular shop soap would not remove.
Outside of a 3rd eye growing on my forehead I have had no side affects after all these years....

Same here... wash my hands w gas all the time, same with brake cleaner.

Not saying its a good idea, but is what it is.

let people make their own decisions.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
let people make their own decisions.

Yup.

Like a 1-1/4 gallon gas can that should cost $6, but costs $27 because of government tyranny.

1683852600323.jpeg

FJB, his regime and the epa.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
View attachment 1793267

From SEMA:

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has issued a proposed rule to ban methylene chloride for commercial use in paint removers and most other products. The EPA has already banned most consumer sales as of August 2019.

Methylene chloride, also called dichloromethane or DCM, and is used for paint and coating removal, metal cleaning and degreasing, plastic processing and adhesive manufacturing. Consumers exposed to the chemical may risk dizziness or potentially fatal nervous system disorders.

The EPA is proposing to prohibit most industrial and commercial uses of methylene chloride, including in automotive care products (cleaners, degreasers, air conditioner fluids, etc.). For the remaining exempted uses (e.g., military and airline applications), the agency would require a workplace chemical protection program along with recordkeeping and downstream notification requirements. The ban would be fully implemented 15 months after the EPA issues a final rule.

5m3nt6.png

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yup.

Then you can spend another $10-$15 for an old fashion nozzle/vent to retrofit the can you just spent $27 on.

Tyranny.
I still have about 7-8 of the normal ones, 5 gal. I keep them for gas in the event of a hurricane for my generator.

Users who are viewing this thread