iPhone 6 / 6+ thread

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I'll preorder my wife the 64G on Friday also. Will the internet orders open right at midnight on 12:00AM? Anyone know details cuz I'm sure their gonna sell out quickly.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The best phone I've ever had was the n900 which was not even a phone but a mobile computer. 5 years old it's still great but it is small and heavy.
Tried the HTC m7, then the s5 both dissapoinments. Picked up the g3 last week, so far it's really really good.
I would like to try the i6 but it cost more than the other phones and does less I won't be.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
After seeing the Note 4 specs above (and doing some research), in comparison - I think I am going to stick to the Note Life.

I mean, I don't like the OS enough - to pay for less of a phone. I could see some back and forth, but the Note 4 owns the 6+.... Kinda sad, IMO.

Apple really does have a large following, based just on the name/style.
Specs on paper don't always mean better performance.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Specs on paper don't always mean better performance.
And with the train wreck that is TouchShit, I doubt we'll ever see a Samsung that performs nearly as well as an IPhone device. They hamstring Android with all the needless bullshit they tie on top of it.

That being said, every pure Android or Sense 5+ device I've ever used have been just as smooth if not more so than their IOS counterparts. Don't blame Android, blame Google for letting Samsung put that over blown, cartoony, gimmick filled hunk of a skin on top of it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
What's especially comedic is the fact that you used to like the iPhone and talk good about it, then switched over to Android and totally ran the iPhone into the ground every chance you got. Turns out, you think Android is a steaming pile just like I do. Laggy, buggy, shitty battery etc etc. I can't wait to dump this piece of shit and go back to the iPhone. I'll be preordering Friday morning.

You've never paid attention to my arguments then.

My biggest gripe when getting away from the iPhone was it's lack if hardware and screen size to match the then sgs2 (I had a 3s at that time). I got my sgs3 on launch because I loved the screen size. Wasnt too keen on giving up what I got with a simple jailbroken iPhone but all my buddies assured me a root was just as simple and yielded better results. I was wrong. I should have left it stock but a failed root later and now some teamwin bootloader and I now can't do much of anything past normal stock android except never update it.

I've always said Android is greater for modders and ios is better for its simplicity. Android is harder to dial in and run smooth because it's more like Windows, trying to run the same is on hundreds of hardware profiles doesn't net the same results as an os that runs on a set number if hardware profiles. Android is great as a platform that allows for much greater changes and expandability but if you aren't using it to its fullest then what's the point in dealing with its many quirks?

I wish you could've just ran ios on a big screened phone back then (when I got my sgs3) but then you'd run into the same issues that makes Android so quirky in the first place, and that's an os that isn't matched to a hardware set.

I'll still be cross shopping the 6+ vs Note4. The note4 is still the superior device but now at least apple is back in contention and making phones that are competitive again.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
You've never paid attention to my arguments then.

My biggest gripe when getting away from the iPhone was it's lack if hardware and screen size to match the then sgs2 (I had a 3s at that time). I got my sgs3 on launch because I loved the screen size. Wasnt too keen on giving up what I got with a simple jailbroken iPhone but all my buddies assured me a root was just as simple and yielded better results. I was wrong. I should have left it stock but a failed root later and now some teamwin bootloader and I now can't do much of anything past normal stock android except never update it.

I've always said Android is greater for modders and ios is better for its simplicity. Android is harder to dial in and run smooth because it's more like Windows, trying to run the same is on hundreds of hardware profiles doesn't net the same results as an os that runs on a set number if hardware profiles. Android is great as a platform that allows for much greater changes and expandability but if you aren't using it to its fullest then what's the point in dealing with its many quirks?

I wish you could've just ran ios on a big screened phone back then (when I got my sgs3) but then you'd run into the same issues that makes Android so quirky in the first place, and that's an os that isn't matched to a hardware set.

I'll still be cross shopping the 6+ vs Note4. The note4 is still the superior device but now at least apple is back in contention and making phones that are competitive again.
Oh I paid attention. I switched to Android too, drawn in by the bigger screen. Mistake. When I get my new phone this one is getting taped onto a target and the AR15 will get unleashed on it.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I guess I'm the minority when it comes to the screen size. I'll be preordering the 4.7 version on Friday but I like my Iphone 5's size. A 5.5in phone just seems unpractical to me unless you have vision problems or carry a man purse.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
hmm, the screen on my 4S is so cracked i've got scotch tape holding the upper part together. literally, scotch tape........i guess i should upgrade to the 6.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Thought this was true and pretty funny

article-2749597-213D3C8F00000578-940_634x432.jpg

I will admit though, glad Apple finally got the NFC going. Even though Android started the trend, it really went nowhere. Now with Apple bringing this as well, we can really see a lot of place picking this up. I love paying without lifting my wallet.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
specs for iphone 6 vs big android hitters

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/09/0...5-vs-galaxy-note-4-vs-moto-x-vs-g3-vs-one-m8/

Lets just say I am not a fan of the G3 but i will use everyday over apple junk. Sold my note 3 recently so note 4 will be in my hands whenever verizon developer edition goes live on sammys website. I owned an iphone 4s i think for a span of 24 hours, never hated apple so much in my life thing was awful. Everybody says TW lags and blah blah i had a rooted/rommed note 3 and it was a beast. never any signs of lag or anything. great phone and i will always be android (apple hater)

luke1333

Banned
Established Member

I will admit though, glad Apple finally got the NFC going. Even though Android started the trend, it really went nowhere. Now with Apple bringing this as well, we can really see a lot of place picking this up. I love paying without lifting my wallet.

haha i saw this on facebook and also do you have ISIS? if you get american express serve prepaid card you get great deals! Just load money on it and they run specials for a few month time spans. Like right now when you use the wallet app on your phone you get a dollar back per purchase. It was 20% cash back when they started it. pretty good incentives sometimes to get a little money back!

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member

never understood why android users get so sensitive everytime a new iphone comes out.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Touch Wiz is a lag-hog infested skin. I noticed how choppy and crappy my home screen was on the GS5. Funny thing, its mainly a slowdown hog on the home screen, the menus and app drawer are fine and smooth. A simple home replacement like Nova Launcher changed that right away. App drawer and home screen looks nothing or acts like it did before and no rooting was needed, having gestures and Android L enhancements are a big plus. Looks and acts like Vanilla Android with the TW options.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
never understood why android users get so sensitive everytime a new iphone comes out.
It pretty much goes both ways. You just see it from one point of view. Android users get a lot of crap from iPhone owners as well, hell even Steve Jobs (RIP) wanted to bury it.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
It pretty much goes both ways. You just see it from one point of view. Android users get a lot of crap from iPhone owners as well, hell even Steve Jobs (RIP) wanted to bury it.

yea i guess. i just look at it in a 'it's just a phone' sort of way.

Users who are viewing this thread