Iowa Cruise Reminder

Are you coming to the cruise

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eric91Z

Established Member
I will be joining you guys up North next year. Will be moving to either Ames or Gilbert sometime next summer. Will start my house shopping later this year.

03snkvert

Established Member
I would assume we will begin cruising around the 2 to 3 o'clock time. I want to make sure everyone at BWW has time to eat and once everyone is done we can head out.

Again BWW would NOT let us reserve a large area so we are kind of just going to go in as some groups or something. Depending on the turn out I am thinking of somewhere else for next year that would have a room that we could all enjoy.

Kane, Have you given any more thought to the Route we want to take. I am not real familiar with the west side. It would be nice to put together a small map or atleast some directions in case somebody gets caught at a light. I am going to put up a map tonight for the first meet at shoppers and then a map off of the Interstate to BWW.

Last edited:

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I would assume we will begin cruising around the 2 to 3 o'clock time. I want to make sure everyone at BWW has time to eat and once everyone is done we can head out.

Again BWW would let us reserve a large area so we are kind of just going to go in as some groups or something. Depending on the turn out I am thinking of somewhere else for next year that would have a room that we could all enjoy.

Kane, Have you given any more thought to the Route we want to take. I am not real familiar with the west side. It would be nice to put together a small map or atleast some directions in case somebody gets caught at a light. I am going to put up a map tonight for the first meet at shoppers and then a map off of the Interstate to BWW.

As far as BWW, I may not even go in. Depends on how things go... I've had an upset stomach for about a week, and the last thing I want is to have the sprint-to-the-john's while we cruising. So I might just eat something a little less stomach abusive than wings and stay outside with whoever is out there.

For the route... the only thing I'm really set on is taking Merle Hay through Johnston and out Beaver to the mile long bridge. Definitely the most scenic route to get out to the shelter.

The rest of the route depends on how much interstate time you guys want; one option would put us on the interstate almost immediately after leaving BWW and we'd get off on Merle Hay at the south end of Johnston. Another option could be to avoid the interstate entirely and go EP True Pkwy-> 50th St (or 60th St, would work just as well) -> Hickman Rd -> Merle Hay Rd, then north to Beaver and across the bridge.

I could come up with something that kept us entirely on four-lane roads (easier to catch up if seperated), if you want. It'll have more turns though. I could come up with a route that is halfway between those, too (a little interstate time).

03snkvert

Established Member
The route is entirely up to YOU. However I think a little interstate time we be kind of fun, not quite so dangerous!

You don't have to eat at BWW, but I am sure they have something a little less gut wrenching!

Anybody got a Radio or CD player we could bring out? I just thought about this last night but I don't have anything I can just grab.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
However I think a little interstate time we be kind of fun, not quite so dangerous!

You're going to have to translate that, I don't speak 'teletubby'. :banana: Are you saying you want interstate time, or you don't want it?

I don't have any kind of stereo that is portable anymore. ><

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
Well, I will be coming now as long as the weather is nice. Dose any one know if that Vito guy is coming with the eaton tt???

Boss_302

Established Member
I got the for sure on the day off so i will be there still trying to talk another guy in to coming up. i will have one passenger with me. so zues i will be meeting up with you and the ames guys sat morning at 11 and i will be driving a loud white mach 1. dont be alarmed if you hear a little whine under the hood just my belt squeling lol.

zeus201

Established Member
I got the for sure on the day off so i will be there still trying to talk another guy in to coming up. i will have one passenger with me. so zues i will be meeting up with you and the ames guys sat morning at 11 and i will be driving a loud white mach 1. dont be alarmed if you hear a little whine under the hood just my belt squeling lol.

Sounds good...For sure will surprise a lot of people who won't be expecting a blower! If you need my # again, just pm me.

03snkvert

Established Member
You're going to have to translate that, I don't speak 'teletubby'. :banana: Are you saying you want interstate time, or you don't want it?

I don't have any kind of stereo that is portable anymore. ><

I'll show you my teletubby.......

That would be yes we should do a short interstate blast. The Ramp from Mills Civic is kind of fun!

Well, I will be coming now as long as the weather is nice. Dose any one know if that Vito guy is coming with the eaton tt???

I talked to him Yesterday and he was going to have the car tuned today, he said as long as all goes well he will be there.

03snkvert

Established Member
Sounds good...For sure will surprise a lot of people who won't be expecting a blower! If you need my # again, just pm me.

Ryan, Make sure you give me a Call Saturday and let me know how far you guys are out around 11:30!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'll show you my teletubby.......

That would be yes we should do a short interstate blast. The Ramp from Mills Civic is kind of fun!

We can do that... if we do 35/80 from Mills to the Merle Hay exit, that should account for about 5-10 minutes of interstate time. Also gives us the best chance of staying together.

Oh... and just for the legal-covering-our-ass record, anyone that wants to race does so on their own. Those of us organizing this aren't organizing a street racing event. :rolling:

zeus201

Established Member
^ What makes you believe that there is going to racing? :shrug:

I for one will not be partaking in any of those shenanigans! :-D

zeus201

Established Member
A couple of use are meeting up at 11 at the Kum and Go off of S. Dakota exit.

You want to meet up there aswell?

Users who are viewing this thread