Interest check for GB for Racebronco heat extractor style hoods!

SVT_Troy

Established Member
here is mine. the bottom (toward the rear of the car) is flush with the fiberglass underneath. the top (part closest towards the front of the car) has maybe an 1/8?" overlap of the striker until it reaches the fiberblass
IMG_20160722_101244668.jpg

I do not like how this looks and it would bother me.

Steve do the latch kits come pre installed or will it be on me to fit and rivet it in?

94slowbra1

Established Member
here is a pic of what mine looks like when the latch hook is contacting the striker plate. not a very easy pic to take but you can see that the hook is contacting the striker on both sides. this stops the hook from going in. i need to push down on the passenger side of the hood a little to make the hood tilt in order for the hook to pass the striker. i dont see any other way to remedy this except to grind the latch hook (like john m has suggested) or the striker. personally id rather do the hook. if i mess up i can find another one much easier and cheaper than trying to fix the hood
IMG_20160722_140437735_HDR.jpg

joshcarp81

Established Member
I want to apologize to everyone having these problems as well. I just don't understand how I can install the same parts as everyone else and they are all different.....

94slowbra1

Established Member
No apologies needed. I didn't mean for it to come off that way, was just pointing out what's going on with mine.
Actually I'd like to thank you, Steve and everyone else that made this happen. you stepped up to help everybody out. A little grinding isn't going to hurt anything. Beats the hell out of not having a striker all together.

94slowbra1

Established Member
i worked on the latch today. used a hand file and took just enough off so it slides in nice and easy. honestly you would never notice unless you knew it was there. very easy to. now i need to work on the hood struts

SVT_Troy

Established Member
i worked on the latch today. used a hand file and took just enough off so it slides in nice and easy. honestly you would never notice unless you knew it was there. very easy to. now i need to work on the hood struts

When you file of the required amount to fit this hood does/will it affect the oem hood staying latched?

Users who are viewing this thread