I'm now Ecoboosted.

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
I got tired of the F250. I really had no reason to own a diesel. I don't really tow very often and when I do, the 250 was overkill. Not to mention, spending well over $100 a week for fuel sucked.
So I got this..
100.gif

099.gif

The only pics I have of it right now.

It has the Ecoboost twin-turbo v6. Has a ton of power. Thing amazes the crap out of me. These trucks are fantastic. The truck has 300 miles on it right now. So we will see how it works out gas mileage wise. It has to be better than the Powerstroke, that got 10mpg on a good day. Don't get me wrong, I loved the 250. Just wanted something else I guess.
Thanks for checking it out!

Boosted 03

Established Member
That is a beautiful truck! I have wondered how a truck would run with the new ecoboost setup. Gotta love the fords. :)

Fang

Established Member
Ok, I just got an F150 Platinum with the Ecoboost last Friday and all I can say is wow. This truck is amazing and has a ton of power to push this truck. If you keep your foot out of it the sticker says 15 city and 21 highway. I can get that if there are no spirited bursts but hell "twin turbo". Have to have some fun for a while! Platinum series is incredible. Everything you could imagine for options, even but warmers!

03Saleen

Termin8
Established Member
Test drove one the other day with my dad, he is looking at trading in his Hemi Ram for one, these things are quick for a truck.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Congrats and beautiful truck!

These things are the hottest truck on the market now...and rightfully so...ENJOY!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Awesome truck! I want to dump my daily in the not too distant future for something like this.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gotta love the Ecoboost. My son-in-law has a Powerstroke so I can attest to how lousy the fuel economy is. The very best he gets is 8-10mpg. Mostly city driving. Ford certainly hit a home run with this technology. Enjoy the truck. I live the color.

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
Nice truck. Congrats, but gotta ask, why were you only getting 10 mpg out of the 250? I get 16-18 around town and have hit 21 on the flat ass highways here in Florida.

35" tires and in town driving I guess. I drove it like a 80 year old. Still horrible mileage.

Ponyman460

Established Member
congrats on the new truck. I have wanted to drive the ecoboost for a while bc I have heard great things about them. I have a 2011 with the 5.0 in it and it is very spirited IMO. I get right at mid 17's with mixed in town and Hwy driving, and can get 20 if I keep it around 65mph....which is impossible.

Awesome trucks for sure.

wjk

Established Member
Very nice looking truck! The stock wheels actually look really good!

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Very nice truck man. I need to test drive one of these ecoboosts and then one with a 5.0!

Jefe

Established Member
Dad is looking at one of these too. Whats the aftermarket world like yet? I imagine tuners havent quite got them figured out. Keep us updated

Users who are viewing this thread