I'm now Ecoboosted.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Anyone know what these make at the wheel? I'd never think about buying a truck but the brother is looking at a second truck for daily use.

Also, can any owners chime in and say if they experience any noticeable lag?

Thanks.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLBrHq05AXc"]2011 Ford F-150 Full Line - First Test - YouTube[/nomedia]

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
Sorry to bump my old thread.

I just put new tires, 2" leveling kit in the front and took the step bars off. I like it a lot. Thought I would share. Tires are Nitto Trail Grappler MT's 295/60/20's or 34/12.0/20's
The thing that sucks is all 4 wheels got damaged when the tires got put on Friday evening. I don't mean a random little scratch, I mean gouges down to the metal. I didn't notice it till Saturday, it was dark by the time I left. The tire store isn't open till Monday. I will be going back In the morning to talk to them about fixing them or replacing them.
Anyway, on to the pics.

This is with the front leveling kit.
IMG_1174.gif

With the tires.
IMG_1177.gif

Without steps.
IMG_1178.gif

IMG_1180.gif

Last edited:

tommygun

Established Member
see that yellow circle? thats supposed to be at the valve stem.

so when they fix/replace your wheels make them mount them correctly haha

good looking truck.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Nice but I gotta ask, why the four doors? Most trucks I see are that version and unless you haul passengers it seems to give up a lot of bed space.

I've driven single cab long bed trucks and the short bed crew cabs and by far the crew cab is much nicer. If you want 100% work truck go buy a bare bones xl and be done with it. But in that case if you want 100% work truck I'd be getting a super duty to begin with. The crew cab f150s are sweet, very nice interiors with room when the family needs to go somewhere and still have the ability to have a truck bed when needed. Why would that be so hard to understand?

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
whats your MPG looking like now with the 34s? I want an Ecoboost bad but worry about mileage..especially towing the boat or car. The duramax got 17.4@70 mph the other day towing just under 7k.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Waiting to hear real world results with towing 7000 lb plus trailers

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
I got an Ecoboost because I liked it. That's about it. The power from a V6 in that big of a truck is just impressive.
The fuel mileage sucks. With the new tires it's even worse. What is the difference from 15 and 13. Not much. I am gonna spend around $90 a week either way. So might as well be happy. Lol!
Thanks Guys!

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
I got an Ecoboost because I liked it. That's about it. The power from a V6 in that big of a truck is just impressive.
The fuel mileage sucks. With the new tires it's even worse. What is the difference from 15 and 13. Not much. I am gonna spend around $90 a week either way. So might as well be happy. Lol!
Thanks Guys!

Is that average? 13-15 city/highway mpg?
I thought you would maybe do a bit better than that.

I haven't heard much about these being tuned, possibly to get a couple more mpg's but I also haven't researched too deep. Nice truck :dancenana:

61mmstang94

Established Member
I thought these trucks were supposed to get about 25 miles/gallon? Is that going 45 miles/hour on the highway never making stops?

I guess it's a fantasy of mine to ask for a full-size truck that could get 25-30 miles/gallon, have decent power and capable of towing a decent load.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread