I'm now Ecoboosted.

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
hey you lucky guys with the new eco boosts or any newer f-150, mind sharing (PM if you dont want to post) what you paid under the sticker price. I went to a dealer today and they wouldnt budge on the truck price. they told me a truck that stickered at 40,855 invoiced at 37500. Seems like in the past 6-7k less than sticker would get the deal done with ford, not the case today.

They didn't really budge much. I got good trade in for my f250. I would guess because this truck cost over 40k. It's kind of a you want it or you don't type deal. Ford is selling these new trucks pretty fast. There are several around here already. Mostly Lariats though. I have only seen one other fx4.
Thanks for all the comments guys!

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
I test drove one of these. Loved it. The transmission was really nice. Great looking truck, love the color!

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
LOVE IT MAN!.....Makin me get a serious itch! lol

Mine's almost paid for though and the thought of no payments is sooo tempting as well!

My next truck purchase will have the EcoBoost motor in it though for sure!

realaxed83

Established Member
I just picked up a truck very similar to yours. Only had it a few days but I love it. The ecoboost is awesome!
DSCF0092.jpg

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
I'm lusting after one of these too. Dealer right across from my office has some XLT 2wd crew cabs for $6k off of sticker.

Hoping to pick one up used in a few years and retire the Mach from DD duty.

Last edited:

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
That's awesome! I love the Ecoboost. Over all I really like the truck so far. I have 3600 miles on it now. The transmission is acting a bit strange is my only complaint. Taking it to the dealer for the first oil change and such and plan to get it checked out while it's there.
It's not really a big deal, just want to make sure everything is ok.
I've been slowly working on getting some of my stereo equipment installed. The factory speakers in this truck suck ass. I have a good set of components that are going in the doors, sub under the back seat and an amp. Should be good if I ever get time to finish it.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Nice truck man! I'm looking at getting one sometime in the 1st 1/4 of next year. I test drove one a coupe weeks ago and was very impressed. From a 1st gear roll with traction control on, it lit the tires up when I nailed it! And yes, it's pretty damn quick for a truck, got to 60 mph in a hurry. It was so smooth and quiet, I loved it. It was just like yours, but an FX2. Everything else was the same.

02_Lightning

Established Member
How do you like the sound of the exhaust? That was the only thing that pushed me away from one and into the 6.2L engine.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
my buddy has one and has already put over 11k miles on it with no issues at all. he has never reset the mileage since new and it has only averaged 14.5 mpg. And that with alot of highway too. I realy do like that truck I must say.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
I'm lusting after one of these too. Dealer right across from my office has some XLT 2wd crew cabs for $6k off of sticker.

Hoping to pick one up used in a few years and retire the Mach from DD duty.

Would that happen to be Gwinnett Place Ford?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
my buddy has one and has already put over 11k miles on it with no issues at all. he has never reset the mileage since new and it has only averaged 14.5 mpg. And that with alot of highway too. I realy do like that truck I must say.

My dads Ecoboost has quite a few miles on it now and when I drove it the other day the MPG was sitting on 19!:eek: He lives out in the Country about 6 miles before he hits a 45mph speed limit but there's also some very big hills and I'm sure he doesn't go 60mph either lol. I about crapped when I saw it.:rockon:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Nice, exactly the way I would have bought. Add a leveling kit and a little bigger tire and it'll sit nice.

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
Nice, exactly the way I would have bought. Add a leveling kit and a little bigger tire and it'll sit nice.

Yep that is the plan. I don't know what size tire for the 20" wheels though. The stock Pirelli's are 275/55/20. I want a size or two wider and a size taller. Then with a 2" leveling kit I should be happy.

The fuel mileage on mine has sat on 15.9mpg for a while now. That is almost all city driving. I drive like an old man. I was hoping it would be better than that. The highway mileage was around 19mpg.

M3xpress

Established Member
A friend's Dad got a Lariat crew cab Ecoboost and they are definitely nice trucks.

Your truck looks very nice, I like that color a lot.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I got tired of the F250. I really had no reason to own a diesel. I don't really tow very often and when I do, the 250 was overkill. Not to mention, spending well over $100 a week for fuel sucked.
So I got this..
100.gif

099.gif

The only pics I have of it right now.

It has the Ecoboost twin-turbo v6. Has a ton of power. Thing amazes the crap out of me. These trucks are fantastic. The truck has 300 miles on it right now. So we will see how it works out gas mileage wise. It has to be better than the Powerstroke, that got 10mpg on a good day. Don't get me wrong, I loved the 250. Just wanted something else I guess.
Thanks for checking it out!

Congrats on your purchase- I've been looking at the EcoBoost as well.

Kinda surprised about the bad Fuel Economy with your PS though. I got high teens and low 20's all day with mine.... now my V10 Excursion? Yup- that was in the 8-12 mpg range:nonono:

great looking truck. as much as I would LOVE to get a raptor a truck just like yours is really what I need.

The real irony is a fully optioned EcoBoost and a Raptor cost about the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread