If this ISN'T, a hate crime, what is?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
"Now BRPD is looking into help from the FBI because their investigation so far shows the incident does not meet the hate crime statute, but federal laws for the hate crime could be different.

As for surveillance video, the store's owner tells 9News the camera that would have picked up everything was broken.

In the meantime, police are asking for the public to bear with them.

"All we would ask is people be patient and that people don't rush to judgement. We have to deal with facts, not emotions with these sort of investigations," said Lt. Kelly."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really? It doesn't meet the BR PD hate crime statute? And the charge was "simple battery"? You've got to be kidding me. Okay, so what exactly is simple battery? "Simple battery may include any form of non-consensual harmful or insulting contact, regardless of the injury caused." Okay, but what about criminal battery? How was the charge not criminal battery? "Criminal battery requires an intent to inflict an injury on another, as distinguished from a tortious battery". :dw: I see both a threat made against them of bodily harm, and a violent attack committed on all three with the intent to inflict bodily harm. Obviously we are only going by the facts presented by the victims. And nothing was reported as far as what the three thugs said to the cops. But come on, the charge should have been at least criminal battery based on what the victims told police and based on the condition of the three victims. It doesn't appear that any of the thugs were injured in any way.

I hope both the BR PD and all three thugs get hung out to dry on this one if the facts presented are true. This will bear watching as the case continues.

lxboy

Established Member
Black family goes to disney and the white rabbit wont touch their kids = Racial prejudice with lawsuit pending.

White family tries to get gas in black neighborhood and is beat sensless for it = simple misdimeaner. ROR

floodstang

Established Member
It's funny, down here in New Orleans, I never heard anything on the news about it. Unless I missed it. And I watch the news every day. If it was the other way around, the whole city would be in an uproar. Al and Jesse would be marching in the streets!

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
To anybody who wonders why there is racism, this is it. If it were my family I would hunt them down.

04svtsnke

Established Member
This thread is headed to smack down very quickly. The underlying racial slurs will start coming in faster once this thread is exposed for a little bit longer. As a matter of fact mods, KEEP THE THREAD IN THIS SECTION, so those who are actually racist will not post for fear of a ban.....those ignorant ass people should thrown in jail and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Hate crime or not this goes far beyond just simple battery. Btw OP I'd consider this a hate crime. They were discriminated against for being who they were and were physically assaulted for it. I guess because this isn't as harsh as those hate crimes committed by whites is the reason this hasn't been upgraded to one yet.....just a thought?

2010 Red&white

Established Member
Stupid crime has no color. Too bad our national press sweeps this stuff under the rug based on color. I sure hope things change for the sake of my grandkids. If this situation happened to my family , I'd be shooting until empty ! It makes me sick to think we can't respect each other.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Unfortunately, black people attacking white people is not a hate crime in the eyes of the law. If it was, this BS would have been nipped in the bud a long time ago.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Glock 27 would've fixed that....he should've said "neither will you".....

SVTPete83

Established Member
There should be no such thing as a hate crime. That termnis dumb. Crime is crime. These people should have been charged and booked. But some of the posters are correct. If this was a white group beating on a black family it would be national news.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
not sure if srs.....
Your sarcasm meter is broken

There should be no such thing as a hate crime. That term is dumb. Crime is crime. These people should have been charged and booked. But some of the posters are correct. If this was a white group beating on a black family it would be national news.
+1

Know where you're at, know your surroundings, don't put yourself in situations where you can get hurt

Last edited by a moderator:

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
That's just sad, without a doubt it was a racial-driven crime, but even if it wasn't the punishment should be the same; to the full-extent.

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
This is obviously not a racist crime. In fact it's racist to say this crime is racist b/c the alleged are of color :rolling:

Wake up white people...

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
This thread is headed to smack down very quickly. The underlying racial slurs will start coming in faster once this thread is exposed for a little bit longer. As a matter of fact mods, KEEP THE THREAD IN THIS SECTION, so those who are actually racist will not post for fear of a ban.....

Racism isn't allowed in ANY section of this site :read:

Users who are viewing this thread