If this ISN'T, a hate crime, what is?

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Not hate crime, just crime. The motive for the crime is not relavant.

Not sure a firearm would have helped. What is the criteria for the use of deadly force in that state.

ummm, it's a "hate crime" because they attacked caucasians because they were "in the wrong neighbor hood"

Klay

Established Member
Well i dont think it should be considered a "hate" crime only because i disagree with the idealogy of what a hate crime is known as. To me race based crimes shouldnt qualify for stricter punishment then a similar crime for a different reason. However, the fact they are not labeling a hate crime yet is pretty hypocritical. Seems plain as day that this is a hate crime based on the facts presented thus far.

Last edited:

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Black violence on white person, definitely not a hate crime.

White violence on black person, definitely a hate crime, and the world will end if it isn't brought to light and addressed. Victim will get massive news coverage and receive millions is "reparations".

Blown02

Established Member
Ashamed to say this is right down the street from us.. def a hate crime.. some real pos's out here.. mothers day parade shooting.. this.. couple weeks ago one pulled a shotgun on a guy in the quarter.. and about a month ago 3 jumped a white guy walkin home.. damn near killed him and left his face all mangled..

Zemedici

Established Member
Well i dont think it should be considered a "hate" crime only because i disagree with the idealogy of what a hate crime is known as. To me race based crimes shouldnt qualify for stricter punishment then a similar crime for a different reason. However, the fact they are not labeling a hate crime yet is pretty hypocritical. Seems plain as day that this is a hate crime based on the facts presented thus far.

yeah, that makes sense o_O except it makes no sense at all

Black violence on white person, definitely not a hate crime.

White violence on black person, definitely a hate crime, and the world will end if it isn't brought to light and addressed. Victim will get massive news coverage and receive millions is "reparations".

double standard ftw.

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
Another reason me and my wife CC. If I noticed I'm in the bad part of town my weapons would be at the ready. You have to know your surroundings

Klay

Established Member
yeah, that makes sense o_O except it makes no sense at all

double standard ftw.

Ill be polite and simply clarify it for you. I dont think there should be a distinction in a "hate" crime and a normal crime. But since that is how the law currently works, it should be enforced equally regardless of the race of the offenders.

GT350R

Established Member
A lot of the deciding factor has to do with their being racial epithets. Its just a thing that there are no real known and consistant racial names that blacks call whites.

That one thing missing , is usually the difference in it not being called a "hate crime" which a white on black crime ALWAYS has a specific word spoken. Just like Gay hate crimes, ALWAYS a specific word spoken.

Without that one word, there are just out being animals to whoever got infront of them.

Not saying I agree with it...but lets face it. If they were charged Eric "criminal" Holder would show up and drop the charges.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
To anybody who wonders why there is racism, this is it. If it were my family I would hunt them down.

Is this a joke? Are you saying you're racist towards black people because you think they all act like this? Or are you saying you understand why people would be because people like this? Either way you're not too bright.

Each race has trash, for someone to see something like this and assume the entire race is like that is just as bad as the guys that did the beating.

I don't see why this wouldn't be attempted murder with the one saying, "you're not going to make it out of here", yet they were released on site! Absolutely ridiculous. I wish more people took advantage of their ability to arm themselves.

Any long trip if I don't know spots to stop, I make sure I start looking with at least a quarter tank so if it's sketchy looking I keep moving. This could have been an alright looking area I guess to the guy and just happened to be some thugs there at the time. Either way I hate it for that family.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
This thread is headed to smack down very quickly. The underlying racial slurs will start coming in faster once this thread is exposed for a little bit longer. As a matter of fact mods, KEEP THE THREAD IN THIS SECTION, so those who are actually racist will not post for fear of a ban.....those ignorant ass people should thrown in jail and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

WTF are you talking about? We're going to throw people in jail for being racist? What exactly are you prosecuting them for?

Hate crime or not this goes far beyond just simple battery. Btw OP I'd consider this a hate crime. They were discriminated against for being who they were and were physically assaulted for it. I guess because this isn't as harsh as those hate crimes committed by whites is the reason this hasn't been upgraded to one yet.....just a thought?

Hate crimes aren't always racial. Some of the areas around me in DC have high gay populations, and every once in a while one of them will get attacked for it. It's always labeled a hate crime.

It doesn't matter the severity. I'm pretty sure there is nothing in the "hate crime" law that determines the minimum level of crime for each race, ethnic group, or sexuality. Like you think a white dude just shouts out a racial slur and it's a hate crime, but a whole white family gets beat to shit by a few black people and it's not severe enough?

This is 110% a hate crime and those assholes should be put in jail for a very long time. The police involved should be facing some punishment as well for their complete lack of judgement in handling the case.

Machdup1

Established Member
ummm, it's a "hate crime" because they attacked caucasians because they were "in the wrong neighbor hood"

When did location become race. They were attacked because they were weak and were in the hood. Happens all the time and has little to do with race.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
When did location become race. They were attacked because they were weak and were in the hood. Happens all the time and has little to do with race.

Yes, I would be willing to bet they have attacked black families.

While I see what you're saying, "the nail that sticks out gets hammered." What would make someone stick out in a predominantly black "hood?"

PDubs

Established Member
Would like to know the races of the responding police/clerk to get a complete picture and understand if anyone was influenced to reduce the booking. Also seems as though Baton Rouge has some staying power on many top 25 dangerous US cities lists.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
So if it is a hate crime based on race, can it be a hate crime since they were said to be in the wrong neighborhood. That's a crime motivated by hate towards someone being from a different region/town/etc. Might not be due to color, but it was due to them being different obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread