Hurricane Irma

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Ah, ok. If a mandatory evac is ordered do they go house to house checking if people left? What happens if they encounter a family that absolutely refuses to leave their home?

They probably won't have the resources to do that, but they will make it clear you are on your own.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Thoughts are with you members who are in the path of this thing. Sucks we have to go through this shit again when one just hit the Houston area....

You people who are in the damage zone and are staying though, you are nuts. This lunatic on Fox during a hurricane last year actually had a point. lol

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Haven't seen anyone mention it, but does everyone have their chainsaws ready to work?

They probably won't have the resources to do that, but they will make it clear you are on your own.

This. They basically tell you not to expect any help until after it's over. Have a heart attack or break your leg? Hope you can manage to make it to a hospital that has a staff and working generator.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
101afc1421e25354849e81f7b24482ce.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Thoughts are with you members who are in the path of this thing. Sucks we have to go through this shit again when one just hit the Houston area....

You people who are in the damage zone and are staying though, you are nuts. This lunatic on Fox during a hurricane last year actually had a point. lol

Lmao, Shep is such a prick. I hate him but that was funny.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Ah, ok. If a mandatory evac is ordered do they go house to house checking if people left? What happens if they encounter a family that absolutely refuses to leave their home?

In some areas and towns here they drove through with fire trucks and told people on the PA system to GTFO, and used tactics like "if you stay write your social security number on your arm so you can be identified afterwards" and stuff like that, but they don't force you. You're totally on your own until it's safe for them to rescue you though.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
They were talking evac's and stuff here. Then the reports came out it shifted and is going to bum fook FL more. There was a huge rush for people to leave.

I think like four or five of my friends already left yesterday morning, and came back last night lol. Turns out they all went places the storm is probably going to hit inland. We are on the fringe now.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Yeah this thing is pretty much going to go just west of my house by a few miles now and have us sitting in the eye wall on the northeast side (yippee).

However, unlike everybody in south Florida, I've got elevation and miles of pine forests surrounding the house up here in North Florida ,not to mention that it's forecast to be a weak 2 or strong 1 by the time it gets to me).

No point for us to leave. We will ride out a good bit of wind, rain, power outages and some minor damage...but nothing like they experience in south Florida.

I've got a generator, plenty of water and groceries and the chainsaw and tractor ready to tackle the aftermath.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Kiohtee

Established Member
This went from looking decent for Florida to an absolute shit show. Godspeed fellas (and ladies)!

thehunterooo

Established Member
Is the hurricane even real? Rush Limbaugh seems to think different.

On a serious note I finally got some gas after not seeing any for three days. Funny enough I went to that Wawa station at like 1am and I guess they had just ran out though there were so many cars still with most of the Clermont PD there are well. I am sure they will get better use out of the fuel than most around here will.

http://www.dailycommercial.com/news/20170907/agents-tow-gas-from-clermont-to-miami-as-irma-looms

coposrv

Established Member
Does it not make sense to be somewhat prepared before the SHTF or is that crazy talk? One doesn't need to be rich in order to be prepared. Every storm whether it is snow, rain, etc.., people wait until the point of no return before they decide to purchase plywood, water, fuel, etc.., then they are surprised and angered when items are either unavailable or priced high.

Lol. Yup. Should have bought all that plywood weeks before a storm was even on the horizon.

In all honesty a home is either built to withstand a hurricane or it's not. To take an older existing home built before building codes were taken as seriously as they are now and make that home now hurricane resistant is going to probably cost almost as much as knocking it down and building a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I don't know if that graphic is really to scale. In any event Andrew was actually a very compact Hurricane, uncharacteristically small for such an intense storm and in comparison to other Hurricanes.

Gotcha. I was little when that one hit so I don't remember much about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread