HPP Twin Kit Has Arrived!

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
BLK, Dude, you are living the life the rest of us dream about!:rockon:

LOL, Hope the build is coming along well.

I saw a lot of "Lou-Town" land marks in the video, nice vid!

Eric

BLK_03

Established Member
Well... after a loooooooooooooong 4 month... (yes, FOUR MONTH) wait for the motor. It arrived today.

.020 CP Pistons 8.5:1 compression
Manley Pro Rods
ARP fasteners throughout
Ford GT Cams
Comp Springs and Retainers
Stainless Valves and Brass Guides
96-98 Steel Tensioners
Melling Oil Pump

BUILTMOTOR001.jpg

BUILTMOTOR002.jpg

BUILTMOTOR004.jpg

BUILTMOTOR005.jpg

BUILTMOTOR008.jpg

BUILTMOTOR009.jpg

BLK_03

Established Member
Got the Canton pan, timing cover, rear seal plate, valve covers, water pump on tonight.

It's been such a long wait for the motor, I had to see what the final product was going to look like, so I took a break from the serious work, and bolted most of the kit up. Can't say enough about this kit!!!

BUILTMOTOR012.jpg

BUILTMOTOR013.jpg

BUILTMOTOR014.jpg

BUILTMOTOR015.jpg

BLK_VNM

Established Member
IMO leave it as it throw it on the back of a john dear and show up to the tractor races next year.

BLK_03

Established Member
Day 2 Complete...

Assembly001.jpg

Assembly002.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to try to get the flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, and tranny in, and get all the plumbing lined out.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Something told me that motor wouldnt sit around long once you got it back but I had no idea you would have it in the car that fast. Looks great so far! Now get back to work. :beer: You shooting for BG?

BLK_03

Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:
Something told me that motor wouldnt sit around long once you got it back but I had no idea you would have it in the car that fast. Looks great so far! Now get back to work. :beer: You shooting for BG?

Ken, I'd love to, but I just don't know if it's in the cards. I have to organize time to get my tuner down here as well. That will be the hangup if anything. I'll be at BG no matter what though.

9sec.cobra

all show no go! take your time because you dont even want to no how the camaro is coming along! wait till you heard about the rwhp #s .

BLK_03

Established Member
9sec.cobra said:
all show no go! take your time because you dont even want to no how the camaro is coming along! wait till you heard about the rwhp #s .

9 Sec Cobra... LOL...

Bring that bowtie shit on :nono: . I'll tie a chain to that front bumper and drag that thing down the track. You'll learn what fast is...

:D

BLK_03

Established Member
Flywheel, pressure plate, transmission are in.

Turbos, exhaust, charge piping, and intercooler are all mounted up.

Tomorrow I'll complete the exhaust and hot side and finish up the rest of the fuel lines.

blackonblacksls

Established Member
damn its goin together quick... did you have any material to reference on puttin the motor back in. my motor is currently out and when i was goin through the hanging wires and such there were a few things that i could not remember off of memory, im just kinda hoping it all falls into place when the motor is actually in the car.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
BLK_03 said:
Flywheel, pressure plate, transmission are in.

Turbos, exhaust, charge piping, and intercooler are all mounted up.

Tomorrow I'll complete the exhaust and hot side and finish up the rest of the fuel lines.

Is that all you got done yesterday...and no pics??? Man your slacking!:poke:

:thumbsup:

BLK_03

Established Member
blackonblacksls said:
damn its goin together quick... did you have any material to reference on puttin the motor back in. my motor is currently out and when i was goin through the hanging wires and such there were a few things that i could not remember off of memory, im just kinda hoping it all falls into place when the motor is actually in the car.

Yes.

I took pictures of just about every wiring harness I removed, every retention clip on the harness, etc before I removed the motor. The connectors are pretty easy, as they only fit one thing and there are no two identical connections (except for the injectors and coil packs).

BLK_03

Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:
Is that all you got done yesterday...and no pics??? Man your slacking!:poke:

:thumbsup:

LOL

Look at the time of those posts. Night before last... 3AM Last night... 3AM. I've got pics, but it was just too late and I'm one tired mofo. Feet hurt, back hurts, and my hands are cut and bruised to hell.

But I love it! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread