HPP Twin Kit Has Arrived!

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Let me know if you are planning on hitting any local shows with it, I'd love to see it when your done.

The Blue Cruise is in July.

E

BLK_03

Established Member
Great Asp said:
Let me know if you are planning on hitting any local shows with it, I'd love to see it when your done.

The Blue Cruise is in July.

E

Car show??? What is that??? LOL

Seriously though, what is the blue cruise?

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
LOl, I wasn't sure if you "showed" the car.

The Blue Cruise is not a car show, it is an event that Ford's Unlimited puts on every year at Big Foot in North St. Louis.

This year it is July 14th, at Big Foot again. It is an all day thing where and (Ford powered) Ford can show up and see other cars. Its a come and go as you liek, no trophies. Ford's Unlimited big car show is in August.

I know a lot of Ford guys would LOVE to see your car when done.

E

bullitt3350

Established Member
let me clear this up the qaulity and parts of this kit are the best... The kit is just a pain to put in as is any twin turbo kit...HPP does do some bad ass work... i would do this kit hands down if i was doing a twin kit

BLK_03

Established Member
More goodies today...

Coolant overflow/expansion tank and more coolant/oil fittings...

SecondShipment001.jpg

1300hp FMIC. I got excited and mounted the BOV. I then ran around the house with my arms out making woosh woosh noises!!!
aw.gif

SecondShipment002.jpg

Next week: Motor and pimped out turbos.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
damn your car was already the background on my myspace(yeah myspace is gay i know) now its got my dream street motor setup.

are you keeping the irs? if so props, i love fast irs cars for some reason

BLK_03

Established Member
I'll go ahead and update in this thread as the project progresses...

Most of this stuff is elementary, but I'll just think of this as my own personal online journal/scrapbook, lol. This is all the little preparatory stuff I've been doing while waiting on things to arrive...

BATTERY RELOCATION WORK:
How things look with carpet up:
BatteryRelocate003.jpg

I cut a hole and lined the hole with a rubber vacuum hose split in half to act as a grommet:
BatteryRelocate004.jpg

Three large wires need to exit the firewall for the relocation according to how I've wired it... A starter wire. An alternator charge wire. And a fuse distribution block feed wire.
Here is the hole I made for 0 gauge starter wire:
BatteryRelocate006.jpg

BatteryRelocate007.jpg

And here the wire is coming through with it's appropriate grommet:
BatteryRelocate011.jpg

Next is the alt charge and power dist. block wires... These will be in the bay so I made a hole in the firewall accordingly. I used a coat hanger through an existing grommet for orientation as things are tight and I only want to drill this hole once.
BatteryRelocate016.jpg

BatteryRelocate017.jpg

And the wires with appropriate grommet:
BatteryRelocate020.jpg

Here are the wires along the passenger side and through the hole I made, along with the nitrous line.
BatteryRelocate070.jpg

BatteryRelocate071.jpg

BatteryRelocate072.jpg

BatteryRelocate060.jpg

BLK_03

Established Member
Here you can see how I've cut away the trunk interior and lined it to prevent cutting through the wiring insulation:
BatteryRelocate021.jpg

I used an existing grommet in the car from the factory. Removed the factory grommet and inserted one for the battery ground:
BatteryRelocate057.jpg

This shot shows where I'll ground:
BatteryRelocate059.jpg

Final product:
BatteryRelocate061.jpg

BatteryRelocate069.jpg

Custom Kill Switch:
BatteryRelocate035.jpg

BatteryRelocate042A-1.jpg

BatteryRelocate042-2.jpg

BLK_03

Established Member
Driveshaft loop (something I should have done a long time ago but just got around to)
DriveShaftLoop001.jpg

DriveShaftLoop002.jpg

MOUNTING OF THE INTERCOOLER:

This part is not necessary, but I wanted to get as much air over the intercooler as possible. I cut away the bumper support where it covers the intercooler. I don't know what this stuff is made of, but if halfshafts were made from it, they'd never break, lol. Stuff is HARD.
Intercooler002.jpg

Intercooler004.jpg

Intercooler005.jpg

Intercooler006.jpg

BLK_03

Established Member
Thanks guys!

I polished the coolant reservoir:
BEFORE:
Polish001.jpg

Polish005.jpg

AFTER:
Polish010.jpg

Polish011.jpg

And received the turbos today!!! 61mm liquid cooled ball bearing. Exhaust housings are ceramic coated inside/out and intake housings are polished.
Turbos004.jpg

Turbos006.jpg

Turbos009.jpg

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Wow, that kit looks like it's real high quality. I was surprised to hear you'd be doing this build yourself, but looks like you really know what your doing! What do you do for a living, anything related to what you're doing here?

Looking forward to more pics of everything as it goes together, sweet job man!

BLK_03

Established Member
DVJ38 said:
Wow, that kit looks like it's real high quality. I was surprised to hear you'd be doing this build yourself, but looks like you really know what your doing! What do you do for a living, anything related to what you're doing here?

Looking forward to more pics of everything as it goes together, sweet job man!

I'm in an occupation where I build/rebuild things on a very small scale and attention to detail is pivotal, so I guess my job caries over into my hobby. I fix grills, lol. :-D

I've always done everything on my car myself. The car is more than just transportation to me and it's hard for me to trust somebody else working on it. I'd rather mess something up three times and learn how to do it right, than pay someone to do it wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread