HPP Twin Kit Has Arrived!

BLK_03

Established Member
I haven't seen too many (if any) threads on the parts/components/buildup of a HPP twin kit, so I thought I would share.

For those that don't know, the Eaton/Spray will be replaced with a twin 61mm turbo setup from HPP. Received most of the kit today. Turbos, other wastegate, and intercooler will arrive next week, as will the motor...

Never been so excited to see FedEx!!!

So here it is, part of it anyway.

KitReceived001.jpg

KitReceived002.jpg

Intake side... Got aluminum to save weight and it will get polished.

KitReceived009.jpg

Hot side:

KitReceived010.jpg

Mafia to extend GT500 Maf:

KitReceived011.jpg

TIAL 50mm BOV:

KitReceived012.jpg

TurboSmart 38mm UltraGate Wastegate:

KitReceived013.jpg

Sullivan Rails with 75# RC Injectors:

KitReceived014.jpg

Sullivan lower with custom sheet metal upper:

KitReceived015.jpg

Tuff Stuff 200 Amp Alternator (not part of the kit, but alternator probs will be no more!) :

KitReceived016.jpg

Various Fittings:

KitReceived017.jpg

Clamps

KitReceived018.jpg

Turbo Blankies:

KitReceived019.jpg

New Vac/Boost gauge with barely enough of a reading!!! :

KitReceived020.jpg

And instrument bezel that will hold the wideband gauge and Eboost2 EBC:

KitReceived021.jpg

Needless to say, I'm pumped. Gonna go fishing tomorrow morning with a buddy and get a good day of relaxation in. Then it's on to wrenching and getting this thing going. Motor should be here next week as well.

04torchred

Established Member
Looks very ****ing nice man, I am very jealous. At least it is going to an owner that will giver shit :burnout: :thumbsup:

Fuerza

Established Member
That is very nice looking. When it is completed would you mind if I come up to STL to take a look at it?

03TrchRedCobra

Established Member
That's a nice looking kit. What motor are you going with? If you don't mind how much does the HPP kit like you got cost?

BLK_03

Established Member
03TrchRedCobra said:
That's a nice looking kit. What motor are you going with? If you don't mind how much does the HPP kit like you got cost?

Motor is being built by Al Papitto. Teksid 4.6 with mild cams and comp springs so I can spin it a bit. Nothing special beyond that, just strong (pistons, ARP, billet rods,etc).

Base kit price is around $7500. Optioned out with K member, suspension, boost controller, ball bearing option, Sullivan lower, HPP sheetmetal upper, upgraded wastegates, and ceramic coated turbo housings, it eclipses $10K. I also got my rails and injectors from HPP. Those are not part of the kit. Alternator was from Tuff Stuff, again, not part of the kit.

Last edited:

BLK_03

Established Member
AdrianG said:
That is very nice looking. When it is completed would you mind if I come up to STL to take a look at it?

LOL I'm married! LOL

J/K

I wouldn't mind. Where are you located?

Fuerza

Established Member
BLK_03 said:
LOL I'm married! LOL

J/K

I wouldn't mind. Where are you located?

I live in Waynesville down I-44 about 100miles west of STL.

Why are you using the GT500 MAF and MAFia?

Are you doing the install yourself?

BLK_03

Established Member
AdrianG said:
I live in Waynesville down I-44 about 100miles west of STL.

Why are you using the GT500 MAF and MAFia?

Are you doing the install yourself?

GT500 MAF tends to be more accurate and is less sensitive to turbulence in a blow through type application.

I've done everything on the car myself and will continue to do so...

Just to add some pictures here, I have gone complete return with the fuel setup. Purchased a used 99/01Cobra tank and welded in a Competition Engineering Sump. Factory evap cannisters were on top. They have been removed, welded shut and one of the openings where the cannister used to be is now used for the tank vent. For the vent I used a 90 degree socketless fitting off the top of the tank, with 1/2" rubber fuel line and a small breather filter at the end. Return line is -8 on the right side of the tank by the filler neck: I used the stock 99/01 Cobra hat, but removed the Cobra pump. Basically the hat is being used to 1) seal the top of the tank 2) Hold the stock sending unit so my fuel gauge works.

1ReturnFuelSetup002.jpg

Here is a view from the top of the tank showing the communication between the tank and the sump.

1ReturnFuelSetup004.jpg

Next are the brackets I had to make to mount the pump/filter assembly. I could have tucked everything up by the spare tire well so no one could see. But as a buddy of mine says, "nothing says bad mutha ****a like some external pumps hangin'". I used 16 gauge steel. I put two pieces together, sandwiched dynomat between each bracket, bent them and drilled them. I also applied Dynomat between the pump and bracket, and between the bracket and where I mounted everything to the car. Should help keep the noise of the external pump down.

1ReturnFuelSetup008.jpg

1ReturnFuelSetup009.jpg

Test fitting everything with the tank/pump:

1ReturnFuelSetup012.jpg

Tank cover in place:

1ReturnFuelSetup013.jpg

1ReturnFuelSetup014.jpg

And one more showing the feed line.

1ReturnFuelSetup016.jpg

BLK_03

Established Member
Just picked up the parts from the coater... Here are a few shots. I can't get my camera to give a true representation of what they look like, but it's close. They have a deeper, darker, gray in person. They look fantastic and are going to be perfect for the build!

CoatedParts021.jpg

CoatedParts017.jpg

CoatedParts011.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread