HPP Twin Kit Has Arrived!

BLK_03

Established Member
Quite the weekend.

Flywheel, pressure plate and clutch are in with new pilot bearing and throw out bearing. Transmission is in. Turbo kit is on. Still need to finish up the fuel lines, vacuum lines, oil/coolant feed/return lines for the turbos.

Assembly019.jpg

Assembly020.jpg

Assembly021.jpg

Assembly022.jpg

WDW MKR

Established Member
Man, that looks FANTASTIC! Any concerns about the PS reservoir and hose being so close to the exhaust housing of the driver side turbo?

BLK_03

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Man, that looks FANTASTIC! Any concerns about the PS reservoir and hose being so close to the exhaust housing of the driver side turbo?

Not really. I have turbo blankets so all heat will be contained and shouldn't be an issue with the p.s. lines.

TRBO VNM

BLK_03 said:
Not really. I have turbo blankets so all heat will be contained and shouldn't be an issue with the p.s. lines.

they will still get very hot. I will be surprised if you can touch the heat blanket after driving around and not burn yourself or close to it. they do a great job, but still a lot of heat gets through them.

they do make slip on heat wraps that you might be able to find and put over the ps lines. get it going and see what happens. should be fine though. my downpipe runs fairly close to the ps lines.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
How much would it cost for you to make me that custom kill switch? I really like it. I assume that the trunk still opens with the key or the glovebox. Also your car is the shit. Great work man

TRBO VNM

NOXCUSES said:
How much would it cost for you to make me that custom kill switch? I really like it. I assume that the trunk still opens with the key or the glovebox. Also your car is the shit. Great work man

he bought the kit. I can't remember from who, but there is a guy who makes it. very nice. if my battery was back there, that is what I would go with.

Tony is definitely going all out and deserves the potential results after eveything he has been through.

-Wade-

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
they will still get very hot. I will be surprised if you can touch the heat blanket after driving around and not burn yourself or close to it. they do a great job, but still a lot of heat gets through them.

Were making a new bracket to move the PS reservoir. As for the blankets, you couldn't be more wrong. These are not the old style "PTS" blankets. They are made by a local company and are always easy to touch. After Manny drove his car 250 miles to Houston, we had to pull a blanket for service before the race. It does an incredible job of keeping things cool.:coolman:

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
My only question is... How do you hide all of this from your wife? :-D

Great car and thanks for taking the time to document all of your work. :beer:

BLK_03

Established Member
What a long freakin road...

First start up from last night.

http://www.stl-speed.net/movies/absolute_first_startup.wmv

Oil is good. Coolant is good. Exhaust is good. No leaks. I had no idea if I'd have issues with the new battery relocation/kill switch or fuel pump wiring as I hadn't tested any of it. Started right up on first crank.

Had a scary moment where the heads were making some pretty good chatter. Let the motor cool, came back and started it up today and it's more quiet than stock. I guess the lifters hadn't quite gotten oil pressure.

Gonna bolt up the exhaust, wheels, and take it for a spin for some break in miles. Who needs a hood or bumper, lol. Can't explain this feeling right now...:rockon:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I can only imagine how excited you are right now!:beer:

Your going to make me come to BG now to check this beast out...

TRBO VNM

very nice tony. I talked to lund today. he told me about those dead on short trims...hahaha. pretty awesome considering the setup and how many miles away?

he also mentioned the lifter..lol. I was hoping to give you hard time, but I think you need sleep first. :D

Users who are viewing this thread