HPP Twin Kit Has Arrived!

WDW MKR

Established Member
BLK_03 said:
What a long freakin road...

First start up from last night.

http://www.stl-speed.net/movies/absolute_first_startup.wmv

Oil is good. Coolant is good. Exhaust is good. No leaks. I had no idea if I'd have issues with the new battery relocation/kill switch or fuel pump wiring as I hadn't tested any of it. Started right up on first crank.

Had a scary moment where the heads were making some pretty good chatter. Let the motor cool, came back and started it up today and it's more quiet than stock. I guess the lifters hadn't quite gotten oil pressure.

Gonna bolt up the exhaust, wheels, and take it for a spin for some break in miles. Who needs a hood or bumper, lol. Can't explain this feeling right now...:rockon:

I ran into a similar noise during my first full heat cycle. Glad it never came back!

Congrats on an amazing setup and great accomplishment. This is like watching those home improvement shows... I now feel like my car is inadequate!

canibus

Established Member
my car is faster with the stock eaton. j/k. i've been following your build since you first posted. you have an amazing car. you did great work. good to know you finally got it going. congrats man

88_Stanga

Established Member
wow. i havent seen such a fast but clean install like that ever. how long has this taken you from start to finish? i can only imagine the smile on your face while pulling it out of your garage

TRBO VNM

88_Stanga said:
wow. i havent seen such a fast but clean install like that ever. how long has this taken you from start to finish? i can only imagine the smile on your face while pulling it out of your garage

tony has spent many, many sleepless nights to get it knocked out. the motor was the major hold up unfortunately, but hopefully he is satified now with everything done and operating properly. he defintely deserves some time off and rest.

BLK_03

Established Member
Update :thumbsup:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOFQ52Gaa-0"]YouTube - BLK 03 9 Sec[/ame]

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I just read through the entire thread not even realizing that I've posted in it before.

I made some funny ass comments back in '07. ROFL

Little did I know that I would be getting this identical kit someday... I would go as far as saying that this thread is actually the primary reason I went with the HPP TT kit! :rockon:

BLK_03

Established Member
Saw it over on Mod Fords! Congratulations!!! :rockon:

Have any current engine bay pics?

I just read through the entire thread not even realizing that I've posted in it before.

I made some funny ass comments back in '07. ROFL

Little did I know that I would be getting this identical kit someday... I would go as far as saying that this thread is actually the primary reason I went with the HPP TT kit! :rockon:

And you made the right decision with the kit. It's been flawless.

Here is the most recent picture I have:

ttony.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread