How's this for a turbo intake???

prostkr

Established Member
The intake will not fit under a stock hood. He was looking at a couple different ones. 6" cowl minimum will be needed. I'm not sure if he picked one or not yet.

shhak

Established Member
Hey, sorry for not keeping the thread updated. Had a little snag in the build... It's a little thing called D-I-V-O-R-C-E... but the wife and I worked out an agreement between ourselves that made it a pretty easy thing. So now we're back on track and ready to get this sucker fired up. I'll be honest, 2 weeks ago I was ready to start a "For Sale" thread, but now we're on a mission...

Updates soon....

Last edited:

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Wow! A 6" cowl is enourmous. Even a 4" will have visibility issues. The intake is wild though so I guess you have to give and take.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
So I guess this car is approaching John Mihovetz territory. How high are you planning on spinning it? I think he spins his to over 9 grand.

prostkr

Established Member
It was built to handle 10k. Where its happy, We will have to wait and see. It has the distributor drive and big stuff 3 to support the high rpms. I'm excited to see how far and fast they can get it to go. John's car is well into the 2k+ hp range I believe. I think this will end up a nice solid middle/upper 7 second car. I think it would take quite a bit more work to even dream of competing with the radial tire guys.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Sounds like a beast. I'm sure it's covered somewhere but what block are you using? Did you concrete the block?

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Hey, sorry for not keeping the thread updated. Had a little snag in the build... It's a little thing called D-I-V-O-R-C-E... but the wife and I worked out an agreement between ourselves that made it a pretty easy thing. So now we're back on track and ready to get this sucker fired up. I'll be honest, 2 weeks ago I was ready to start a "For Sale" thread, but now we're on a mission...

Updates soon....

It's been a while, Shannon. Sorry to hear about the divorce, buddy. I'm stoked to see your project on this monster and to what lengths you've gone to make it EXACTLY what you want! Cutting corners isn't an option of yours. :rockon:

prostkr

Established Member
Its not quite done yet but close. He had to plumb the water and fuel system. I believe he had everything else done. But I have not talked to him in a while.

shhak

Established Member
don't count me out yet guys. Divorce is playing hell with my head and my wallet but as of right now, the car is still in my shop and I'm still inching forward. Probably won't make Bowling Green this year either, but we're still gonna try....

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
don't count me out yet guys. Divorce is playing hell with my head and my wallet but as of right now, the car is still in my shop and I'm still inching forward. Probably won't make Bowling Green this year either, but we're still gonna try....

That's what I'm talking about! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread