How to destroy great songs, and how to do it correctly.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I think I like this version better than the original. I used to love Stabbing Westward growing up. Great movie too!

I actually like this one too. As I Lay Dying doesn't mess around though.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Cant get to it right now but I like the cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps by Spine Shank and cant remember if is Virgos or Virgos Merlot cover of Maybe I'm Amazed
Yes I love that cover by Spineshank.

You forgot the best cover by Deftones...

Also, Deftones last 2 or 3 albums have been crap IMO. Nothing good since White Pony.
Diamond Eyes is good. But yeah other than DE the other albums have made me question calling myself a fan of theirs.

I like how dark they made this song
Sent from my SM-G930T using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Came in here to post this...

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Lately I've noticed a lot of these new rock groups destroying classic songs. Latest two terrible examples that make me want to ice pick my ear drums.

and...

How to do it correctly...

While I agree that those first 2 covers are terrible, that Metallica one is the first of the bunch.
It's just so corny. It's just as bad as the FFDP cover of Bad Company.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The "new" Metallica sucks for sure.
The first 4 albums are all that I will listen to from Metallica. Awesome stuff. (Kill'em All, Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, and And Justice For All.) And Justice For All is "okay", nothing like the first 3 albums though.
I'd even throw in the 5.98 EP. Killer! \m/

The newest album is actually a very good return to where they started. I'd say it's about 3 songs too long though. Regardless it's a real good LP.

Zemedici

Established Member
I think I like this version better than the original. I used to love Stabbing Westward growing up. Great movie too!

I actually like this one too. As I Lay Dying doesn't mess around though.

You heard electric eye by them? Love me some AILD. Wish they’d get back together but Tims shit cost them all a career....

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Their latest is not so great IMO, but the previous are pretty good. Stop slacking =p

Lol, I'll give it a listen again.

You heard electric eye by them? Love me some AILD. Wish they’d get back together but Tims shit cost them all a career....

That one is good too. War Ensemble is my favorite off of Decas though. I know they have talked about possibly reuniting now that he is out, but I doubt it will happen. Some people just can't refrain from wanting to have their spouse murdered haha.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Chris Cornell's cover of Nothing Compares to You - how to do it RIGHT:

A7X cover of Wish You Were Here is wonderful:

And finally, if you like country (the real kind, not FL/GA shit), Cody Jinks cover is also on another level:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Chris Cornell's cover of Nothing Compares to You - how to do it RIGHT:

A7X cover of Wish You Were Here is wonderful:

And finally, if you like country (the real kind, not FL/GA shit), Cody Jinks cover is also on another level:

I don't know if I can get on board with any Pink Floyd covers as nothing can touch their originals. The Cody Jinks one isn't bad for a country song though.

Anyone remember the Depeche Mode tribute album from way back? It's where the Deftone's cover came from and I remembered this song being the more popular one off of it, and then Failure disappeared to never be heard from again lol.

Users who are viewing this thread